Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #31
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: It starts... Daley threatening to pull out of Diaz fight...

Whether it's boxing or mma, I think that there should be laws against an organization monopolizing a fighter's talents. I think the sports, fighters, and fans would all be better off if promotions had to bid for every fight.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #32
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd View Post
my god you zuffa haters are getting tired. are you all gonna cry yourselves to sleep now? and **** paul daley. no one will care if he leaves strikeforce.
Thanks for your insightful contribution.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #33
Boyd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Typical short sighted protectionist response from UFC schill. Newsflash EA MAKE MONEY OFF THE FRANCHISE. They STILL continue to make money from it. Irrespective of wether they will make a sequel, or or not there is a contractual agreement between the fighters and EA. That my friend has **** all to do with Zuffa. EA have the economic might to completely destroy the UFC. Im pretty sure it won't come to that. But nonetheless it will still be interesting to see "how" Zuffa will approach this when it is Dana/UFC that took issue with EA's game and the fighters that made agreements with them.
read your own post and realize how stupid you sound. EA isn't gonna destroy the UFC. your hate makes you sound like an 8 year old tard.
Boyd is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #34
Big T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
True but the issue is does Daley need the UFC more than they needs him? He'll be frozen out whether he honours his contact and sparks the entire Strikeforce division in under a minute. He's ****ed
He BLITZ that Div, then it will still put it in the fans head that the BEST are not in the UFC. The fact is that Daley wont get past Nick. Nick is going to take him to the grond on distroy him. People forget that Nick also has a very good ground game. Yes I agree Daley is F*&Ked. If he dosn't hit the money shot, it's back to England for him.
Big T is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #35
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
Whether it's boxing or mma, I think that there should be laws against an organization monopolizing a fighter's talents. I think the sports, fighters, and fans would all be better off if promotions had to bid for every fight.
Boxing does't do that and can't do that. Its economic model doesn't really allow for that other than contractual disputes.
The UFC on the other hand is a carbon replica of the WWE though. There's little to protect fighters interest or rights.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #36
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
my god you zuffa haters are getting tired. are you all gonna cry yourselves to sleep now? and **** paul daley. no one will care if he leaves strikeforce.
Im not a Zuffa hater, Im an MMA fan. Go check my post history and you will more often than not find me defending Zuffa.
But, I never thought in a million years SF would sell and I made my arguments with that caveat. Shit has changed mate.
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #37
Boyd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks for your insightful contribution.
not one think you've said is insightful pal unless you have blind hate like you do. you come on here and cry nonstop about bad old dana white and zuffa. it's sad as hell.
Boyd is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #38
Boyd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Im not a Zuffa hater, Im an MMA fan. Go check my post history and you will more often than not find me defending Zuffa.
But, I never thought in a million years SF would sell and I made my arguments with that caveat. Shit has changed mate.
well i'm sure i'm just gonna be called a Zuffa zombie by all the butthurt Dana haters on here. i loved strikeforce cards. most of the time better than UFC ones. my point is is that why won't Zuffa buy strikeforce? they want to be the biggest and the best out there. this goes a long way to keeping that. it was a smart move plain and simple and no one here complaining knows if it will be a good thing or a bad thing, just like i don't.
Boyd is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #39
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
He BLITZ that Div, then it will still put it in the fans head that the BEST are not in the UFC. The fact is that Daley wont get past Nick. Nick is going to take him to the grond on distroy him. People forget that Nick also has a very good ground game. Yes I agree Daley is F*&Ked. If he dosn't hit the money shot, it's back to England for him.
Yeah because he made his name outside of the UFC. As of yesterday if a MMA fighter starting his career today and is the next big thing, he'll be with the UFC or fighting in shitty local cards because there is no platform to get your name heard. And to get to the UFC you'll have to sign your image rights ect away. Now with Strikeforce there was an alternative if you didnt want to accept these terms.

What's the alternative now? Keep plugging away in the hope that another org hits the big time?
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #40
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
read your own post and realize how stupid you sound. EA isn't gonna destroy the UFC. your hate makes you sound like an 8 year old tard.
Go away you stupid child. Adults are talking. You've yet to add one single comment of ANY merit to the discussion. Quit while your ahead.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #41
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
not one think you've said is insightful pal unless you have blind hate like you do. you come on here and cry nonstop about bad old dana white and zuffa. it's sad as hell.
*Yawn*
Old 03-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #42
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
well i'm sure i'm just gonna be called a Zuffa zombie by all the butthurt Dana haters on here. i loved strikeforce cards. most of the time better than UFC ones. my point is is that why won't Zuffa buy strikeforce? they want to be the biggest and the best out there. this goes a long way to keeping that. it was a smart move plain and simple and no one here complaining knows if it will be a good thing or a bad thing, just like i don't.
It was a VERY smart move by the UFC. But if you didnt like the UFC and there is plenty not to like, you could always watch the alternative. Not the case now. Unless you want to travel round the country watching small shows and hoping someone takes a camera to these shows and puts them on youtube, its Zuffa or bust
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #43
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Not much back here in the UK for him. Our main promotions are pretty much all defunct now. There's a handful of insignificant regional promo's or Dartford's circus Tavern. I would imagine Daley would't consider either until he really needs the cash. Who knows though as its all speculation.
The facts are though there is simply no other avenues or choices of any significance for names outside of the UFC. That my friend is VERY bad.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:07 AM   #44
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Boxing does't do that and can't do that. Its economic model doesn't really allow for that other than contractual disputes.
The UFC on the other hand is a carbon replica of the WWE though. There's little to protect fighters interest or rights.
That is the problem with boxing. That is what is killing it. Promoters and networks gobble up the fighters they can, and the don't allow them to compete against fighters that are locked up by other promotions and/or networks. If fighters remained free agents, they could fight for King one month or Arum another. They could fight on HBO today and Showtime for the next event. Fighters would make more per event, because they would be fighting for the highest bidder. Better fights would be made, because the promotional companies would not be able to stand in the way of a fight being made.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #45
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Stoo the point I was coming back on was Scru's strange ramblings about how EA would destroy the UFC when Dana White stopped them or the fighters getting royalties off the game. The point is that there are already Zuffa employees that prior to that appeared in the EA Sports MMA game, and they respected the contracts. **** in 2008 they agreed to let Randy Couture keep his contract. The idea that Zuffa would blatantly tamper with contracts is absurd.

As for the wider deal...of course Strikeforce will eventually fold. That's just the way these hings always work. How long it survives probably depends more on Showtime than UFC though. WEC stayed separate for years because the UFC couldn't do a deal with Versus to bring enough shows to that network. If Showtime stays through to the end of the deal, that means Strikeforce is still around at the end of next year. If Showtime gets into a massive fight with White and cancel the deal, or strike a deal to carry branded UFC programming then Strikeforce is dead the next day.
Will Cooling is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum