Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 03-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #16
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green vs Antonio Tarver... battle of the business men ?

I HAVE SOME BIG NEWS FOR KMA...

I'm pretty excited
one in a million is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2011, 01:06 AM   #17
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Roy Jones has been shot to shit for a good 5 years or so since he suffered 2 devastating knockouts to Tarver and Glen Johnson. Since he gave the allusion that he might have a little left by fighting nobodies and a much smaller shot to shit inactive Tito Trinidad.

So was Roy Jones shot when he fought Danny Green ? Of course he ****ing was only an idiot would say otherwise.
Did a lot of people still think Roy might beat Green ? Yes because Danny Green is nothing special and this would be proven if he stepped up and fought the top guys in his division.

Francis, I think you mistaking what I meant regarding RJJ. Yes I agree RJJ wasn't prime by any means, and to be frank, I think he probably hardly trained for the Green fight thinking it was easy bickies. Whether his prime was 5yrs before is not of my care, I did however think he'd be more of a 'live' fight than what he showed.

I did, and do still commend Danny for stumping up the coin to bring someone like RJJ to our shores as from what I hear (and it's pretty reliable), it was serious, serious coin - guaranteed upfront. So if the promotion was a stinker, it would have been a serious stinker for Danny. As it turned out, good luck to him and by the figures, he would have done extremely well from it.

However, what I was meaning was Green's credibility - media wise and with a large fan base resulting from that fight was he was in the penthouse at that time, but from that moment on he became a media whore who in my opinion to a large degree became like Mandy thinking that whatever shit he'll match-up, it'll sell to the gullible's and he'll look a champion for it.

Well **** me, Siaca (blown up multiple divisions, out of form and not even worthy) and then the Briggs fiasco capitulated all of Danny's work he achieved fighting RJJ, hence now being in the shithouse where his once mighty friends at Sydney's Daily Telegraph who used to lord over him are now taking the piss about is career and potential choice of opponents.

It's the biggest crash and burn since Hindenburg!
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 02:01 AM   #18
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
Francis, I think you mistaking what I meant regarding RJJ. Yes I agree RJJ wasn't prime by any means, and to be frank, I think he probably hardly trained for the Green fight thinking it was easy bickies. Whether his prime was 5yrs before is not of my care, I did however think he'd be more of a 'live' fight than what he showed.

I did, and do still commend Danny for stumping up the coin to bring someone like RJJ to our shores as from what I hear (and it's pretty reliable), it was serious, serious coin - guaranteed upfront. So if the promotion was a stinker, it would have been a serious stinker for Danny. As it turned out, good luck to him and by the figures, he would have done extremely well from it.

However, what I was meaning was Green's credibility - media wise and with a large fan base resulting from that fight was he was in the penthouse at that time, but from that moment on he became a media whore who in my opinion to a large degree became like Mandy thinking that whatever shit he'll match-up, it'll sell to the gullible's and he'll look a champion for it.

Well **** me, Siaca (blown up multiple divisions, out of form and not even worthy) and then the Briggs fiasco capitulated all of Danny's work he achieved fighting RJJ, hence now being in the shithouse where his once mighty friends at Sydney's Daily Telegraph who used to lord over him are now taking the piss about is career and potential choice of opponents.

I agree with what you have said here. Yes it was good to bring an all time great in Roy Jones out to Australia for the boxing fans to see him fight in person but the way Green bigged himself up by claiming to be a legend killer you would think that he had just dethroned the P4P king at the time. Then he has muppets like Angelo Hyder claiming all sorts of ridiculous nonsense all the while Danny continues to fight numpties at catchweight while claiming he is the king of the division and no one else is good enough to spit shine his shoes.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 02:44 AM   #19
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post

I agree with what you have said here. Yes it was good to bring an all time great in Roy Jones out to Australia for the boxing fans to see him fight in person but the way Green bigged himself up by claiming to be a legend killer you would think that he had just dethroned the P4P king at the time.

Then he has muppets like Angelo Hyder claiming all sorts of ridiculous nonsense all the while Danny continues to fight numpties at catchweight while claiming he is the king of the division and no one else is good enough to spit shine his shoes.
Couldn't agree more...

Remember Hyder with his "we'll bring Tyson, we'll bring Holyfield"...

Bringing Tarver is just deadset Australian boxing's WWE. Just pure scripted and package drivel to sell to the masses. Mandy's made a career of it and post Green's return and especially more so post-RJJ his has been much of the same.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 03:05 AM   #20
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 10151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post

I notice you failed to mention that he fought an undefeated American who was 6 years younger than him in his latest fight.
Yet your quick to have a go at him cause he might fight Tarver who is 42 but the fact is Danny is 38 so hes hardly a spring chicken.
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 03:15 AM   #21
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny View Post

I notice you failed to mention that he fought an undefeated American who was 6 years younger than him in his latest fight.

Yet your quick to have a go at him cause he might fight Tarver who is 42 but the fact is Danny is 38 so hes hardly a spring chicken.

LeftJab, I'm happy to mention Flores if you wish. It was a poor opponent in my opinion also. Padded record and fought at 'Dannyweight'.

What would you like me to say that was positive about it? Flores certainly isn't ranked anywhere as a genuine top-flight Cruiserweight (bar the IBO or No. 13 with the WBO) so I don't know how you'd like me to get excited by it?

I think I was more than objective in my comments. I praised Danny for the RJJ promotion and his win and will stand by that, but if your trying to defend the Siaca or Briggs scenario's or make sunshine out of fighting Flores your just not being fair dinkum.

If you bothered to notice, I actually acknowledged in other threads, Danny's recent promotional venture with his upcoming show of upcoming fighters and I think that's a great thing for Australian boxing if Danny continues with this and he's putting a lot more back into Aussie boxing than say Mundine or BOXA with their stupid SBW bullshit, however no, I can't make strawberry jam out of a pile of shit when it comes to Siaca, Briggs and Flores.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 03:27 AM   #22
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I don't agree, Flores was a good opponent for Danny.

I liked Flores, I didn't mind the fight, not as active as I would've liked it but was interested to see Green use different tactics against a young impressive contender. Actually I'd like to see Flores back in oz fighting again sometime.

Yes Green is 38 'Happy Birthday' so have a go at Tarver, i'll even back him up in KMA all the way.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:28 AM   #23
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million View Post

I HAVE SOME BIG NEWS FOR KMA...

I'm pretty excited
* Doesn't anyone want to know
Old 03-14-2011, 03:39 AM   #24
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million View Post

I don't agree, Flores was a good opponent for Danny.

I liked Flores, I didn't mind the fight, not as active as I would've liked it but was interested to see Green use different tactics against a young impressive contender. Actually I'd like to see Flores back in oz fighting again sometime.

Yes Green is 38 'Happy Birthday' so have a go at Tarver, i'll even back him up in KMA all the way.

That's the beauty of a forum, everyone's opinion is different.

I personally don't think Flores gave everything and to be frank wouldn't want to see him here again. He talked big game prior to the fight and he was sold as being a hair's breath short of being top flight with other champions ducking him and what not. However as the fight showed, he was all show and no dough and just sat on the outside and never tried to enforce or engage anything meaningful with Danny. Credit to Danny, he won the fight, but for mine, it was ho-hum.

But again, all good and each to their own opinion.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 03:48 AM   #25
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Oh thats nice, hard to believe there is a member in here that's mature and well spoken
Old 03-14-2011, 03:49 AM   #26
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

So do you want to know my news contendo
Old 03-14-2011, 04:00 AM   #27
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

If Danny was fair dinkum he would be chasing after Steve Cunningham who is the best fighter at cruiserweight (imo he beat Adamek) and i'm sure would jump at the pay cheque to come out here and school Danny over 12 rounds.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 04:01 AM   #28
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Maybe he's not on Danny's agenda Francis
Old 03-14-2011, 04:02 AM   #29
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

contendo its good to see somebody put forward a reasonable and well thought out argument who is willing to respect others opinions on here, although we may not agree on some issues regarding danny its good to have a healthy debate about it without some of the nonsense and public slander that some posters here write. need a few more blokes like you on here!
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 04:05 AM   #30
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Wow there are some gentlemen in here after all and to think I thought you were all like Leon

A nice easy discussion is awesome

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum