Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 03-14-2011, 04:06 AM   #31
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green vs Antonio Tarver... battle of the business men ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
contendo its good to see somebody put forward a reasonable and well thought out argument who is willing to respect others opinions on here, although we may not agree on some issues regarding danny its good to have a healthy debate about it without some of the nonsense and public slander that some posters here write. need a few more blokes like you on here!

Are you Daniel Dawson?
one in a million is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2011, 04:09 AM   #32
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

it certainly makes the forum a better place to share opinions without people posting their own personal agendas on here. anyway i do think danny will come back for a big fight as a last hurrah almost, and francis i would love to see danny get lebedev or huck out here, even troy ross, but danny is a businessman before a boxer these days and the sad truth is that those names just wont sell as well as a name such as antonio tarver, personally i dont mind i think tarver still has enough to give danny a solid workout, and id love to see old milkduds get starched the guy just irritates the hell out of me!
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 04:10 AM   #33
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

no im not daniel dawson mate
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 04:16 AM   #34
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
it certainly makes the forum a better place to share opinions without people posting their own personal agendas on here. anyway i do think danny will come back for a big fight as a last hurrah almost, and francis i would love to see danny get lebedev or huck out here, even troy ross, but danny is a businessman before a boxer these days and the sad truth is that those names just wont sell as well as a name such as antonio tarver, personally i dont mind i think tarver still has enough to give danny a solid workout, and id love to see old milkduds get starched the guy just irritates the hell out of me!
I agree with everything you say here except I would love to see old milkduds ktfo of Danny for the same reason.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 04:24 AM   #35
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million View Post
Wow there are some gentlemen in here after all and to think I thought you were all like Leon

A nice easy discussion is awesome
Leon is a gent and a scholar we all wish we were as
awesome as Leon.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 04:31 AM   #36
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pigs arse he is .. I can find many posts that can show you what a pig he is BUT this is about Danny Green not him
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 04:40 AM   #37
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
So do you want to know my news contendo

Give it to us Mill!
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 04:42 AM   #38
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
contendo its good to see somebody put forward a reasonable and well thought out argument who is willing to respect others opinions on here, although we may not agree on some issues regarding danny its good to have a healthy debate about it without some of the nonsense and public slander that some posters here write. need a few more blokes like you on here!

Cheers Dawsosj!
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 05:55 AM   #39
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Pigs arse he is .. I can find many posts that can show you what a pig he is BUT this is about Danny Green not him
**** Danny Green, Leon is much more awesome and we should change the thread title to Leon VS Antonio Tarver.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 05:57 AM   #40
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
Francis, I think you mistaking what I meant regarding RJJ. Yes I agree RJJ wasn't prime by any means, and to be frank, I think he probably hardly trained for the Green fight thinking it was easy bickies. Whether his prime was 5yrs before is not of my care, I did however think he'd be more of a 'live' fight than what he showed.

I did, and do still commend Danny for stumping up the coin to bring someone like RJJ to our shores as from what I hear (and it's pretty reliable), it was serious, serious coin - guaranteed upfront. So if the promotion was a stinker, it would have been a serious stinker for Danny. As it turned out, good luck to him and by the figures, he would have done extremely well from it.

However, what I was meaning was Green's credibility - media wise and with a large fan base resulting from that fight was he was in the penthouse at that time, but from that moment on he became a media whore who in my opinion to a large degree became like Mandy thinking that whatever shit he'll match-up, it'll sell to the gullible's and he'll look a champion for it.

Well **** me, Siaca (blown up multiple divisions, out of form and not even worthy) and then the Briggs fiasco capitulated all of Danny's work he achieved fighting RJJ, hence now being in the shithouse where his once mighty friends at Sydney's Daily Telegraph who used to lord over him are now taking the piss about is career and potential choice of opponents.

It's the biggest crash and burn since Hindenburg!
****, this is so spot on it ain't funny.
And you've covered BJ perfectly too.

Cunten..... ****, CONTENDO knows his shit.

Teke has brain washed me, Stiffy was right, he is evil......
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 05:57 AM   #41
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
* Doesn't anyone want to know
FFS, spit it out.....
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 07:20 AM   #42
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
LeftJab, I'm happy to mention Flores if you wish. It was a poor opponent in my opinion also. Padded record and fought at 'Dannyweight'.

What would you like me to say that was positive about it? Flores certainly isn't ranked anywhere as a genuine top-flight Cruiserweight (bar the IBO or No. 13 with the WBO) so I don't know how you'd like me to get excited by it?

I think I was more than objective in my comments. I praised Danny for the RJJ promotion and his win and will stand by that, but if your trying to defend the Siaca or Briggs scenario's or make sunshine out of fighting Flores your just not being fair dinkum.

If you bothered to notice, I actually acknowledged in other threads, Danny's recent promotional venture with his upcoming show of upcoming fighters and I think that's a great thing for Australian boxing if Danny continues with this and he's putting a lot more back into Aussie boxing than say Mundine or BOXA with their stupid SBW bullshit, however no, I can't make strawberry jam out of a pile of shit when it comes to Siaca, Briggs and Flores.

agreed ! ... flores was a avge oppenent who hadnt fought in 12 months and green struggled ...
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 07:27 AM   #43
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

but a tarver fight will sell, ... if green wins another big name on his resume, tarver wins he gets a title, and prob another big name fight
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #44
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
agreed ! ... flores was a avge oppenent who hadnt fought in 12 months and green struggled ...
spot on i will admit however that the media frenzy surrounding the fight and the fact Danny hadnt really faced a CW before had me sold that BJ could win the fight, thus i threw money on BJ to win, of course before finding out it was at Dannyweight. However i still believe that even without the Dannyweight resitrictions imposed on BJ that he still didnt have enough in ticker to defeat Danny, he just wasnt active enough and had only fought 2 fighters of note, all his other bouts were easy record padding fights.

He wont fight Tarver, Tarver is to big and i dont think they have enough money in the piggy bank to pay Tarver to come in at Dannyweight. Tarver even though he hasnt been in peak condition for some time would still test Danny but its just all talk imo at this stage, he wouldnt be fully recoverd and ready to fight again for atleast 8 to 12 months after the surgery.

Atleast we all now know Danny Green for what he truly is, and at the end of the day as boxing fans these guys good at what they do in getting the fans to pay for this sht, in some ways its like Tyson fighting one of the clitco brothers, it would sell out fast even though everyone knows Tyson is shot, in some ways you cant really blame Greens camp for doing what they know best, and that is making money from a bullsht title that has no mandatorys, its like a licence to print money and especially when you have made a name for yourself chasing and getting defeated by Mundine.
TCboxa is online now  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #45
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Hopefully Green takes on a legit top 10 cruiserweight upon return at the 200 pound limit.
Should he do this no one can really complain about anything.
However as of yet Green is yet to face a Ring Magazine ranked top 10 Cruiser.

Otherwise he will open for criticism again for taking a soft touch or fighting at a "dannyweight"
Kegsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum