Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 03-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #61
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925
Default Re: Danny Green vs Antonio Tarver... battle of the business men ?

daily telegraph turnin on danny.. people only watch mundine coz they want to see him get knocked out , .. as soon as geale beats sylvestor there is our next aussie media star ! .. but ur right couldhavebeen as soon as geale wins that title mundine will try and take some of his thunder and try and get a crack
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #62
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Sheer genius Stiffy - make up whatever quote you like mate!

Plainly you think the odd bit of bullshit from Hyder and to a lesser extent Green is as bad as the years & years of farcical 'world dominance' bullshit from BOXA, and ably assisted by Ash?
hes as bad as Mundine and has been for years.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #63
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Green is bad yes. But Mundine's performance to bullshit ratio is in a class of its own mate.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #64
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
daily telegraph turnin on danny.. people only watch mundine coz they want to see him get knocked out , .. as soon as geale beats sylvestor there is our next aussie media star ! .. but ur right couldhavebeen as soon as geale wins that title mundine will try and take some of his thunder and try and get a crack

Yeah, if Mundine beats Wood I reckon Khoder will be madly waving the cheque book at Grange (assuming Geale beats Sylvester). Even if he loses I wouldn't put it past them!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #65
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

of course he is.. mundine runs the circus in sydney.. green from perth
Old 03-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #66
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

After all the shit everyone has written here not many are saying this is a bad fight and I reckon it has the potential to be an absolute cra ck er!

Look at Tarvers record, even at 42 someone explain to me with decent rational that he is not a legitamate opponent?

Hint- given Jones made so many of you look stupid, watch all the disclaimers come flying this time!!
shiner is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #67
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner View Post
After all the shit everyone has written here not many are saying this is a bad fight and I reckon it has the potential to be an absolute cra ck er!

Look at Tarvers record, even at 42 someone explain to me with decent rational that he is not a legitamate opponent?

Hint- given Jones made so many of you look stupid, watch all the disclaimers come flying this time!!

Nothing like a bit of the old pre-fight 'ESB insurance'...

...there was plenty of that taken out in the lead-up to the Green v Flores bout!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #68
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner View Post

tarver will be in a better position than rjj imo, if he does come to fight will generate alot of publicity, tarvers record isint the best 28w6L he has only fought the best lost against the best, tarver will be more than a handfull for green even at his age ...
Old 03-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #69
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

shiner thinks everyone picked RJJ but i think it was 50-50
i know i picked Green KO 11.heres the prediction thread.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #70
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Sheer genius Stiffy - make up whatever quote you like mate!

Plainly you think the odd bit of bullshit from Hyder and to a lesser extent Green is as bad as the years & years of farcical 'world dominance' bullshit from BOXA, and ably assisted by Ash?
Two wrongs dont make a right you fool.

Whats with the LESSER EXTENT GREEN? he is as full as sht just as much as the comments Hyder has made. How quickly you seem to forget all the sht Danny said when he didnt get his own way with NSW boxing. Then we also read about Danny abusing staff at a hospital because they refused him morphine.

When is he going to sue NSW boxing for not allowing the Briggs fight to take place as he claimed he would?

Did he still go see the premier he was demanding to have an inquiry as to the refusal of NSW boxing of briggs fight?

What about the DVD he waved around in the air, head on collision, soft part of the skull etc, this guy makes up sht as it suits him and plays his fans like a pack of bogan ass fools just like he does with LJD.

He told LJD the fights at 200LB when it dam well wasnt. Even then guys like LJD still dont give a sht even when lied to directly by the guy they get on here and support.

As for ASH, i think he has learnt a good lesson but LJD is as thick as two bricks and would possibly still believe the fight was at 200LB and BJ just wasnt feeling that hungry and come in the lightest in his career, took undies off and all to come in at 195LB just to impress us all. Hell Dannys a great bloke, when asked about said removal of undies Danny doesnt even give BJ a chance to reply cause he knows if BJ Squeels the secret is out.

Unfortunatly for Danny BJ did eventually squeel and told people what was imposed on him and as suspected it was Dannyweight or no fight. Given the guy was desprate for a fight, had been inactive and wanted back on the scene, his opponent being a guy who knocked out a washed up RJJ then fought joke fights in Siaca, Briggs i think BJ thought this one would be an easy night in the office and had Danny keept coming forward it would have been as BJ would have put him to sleep. Danny realised he was in with a true CW and resorted to sitting on ropes boxing, boring, in survival mode imo yawn then spruks about how he was able to outbox a boxer, well dckhead why didnt you outbox Beyer then and Mundine lol?

stick that in ya hat
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #71
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post

Unfortunatly for Danny BJ did eventually squeel and told people what was imposed on him and as suspected it was Dannyweight or no fight. Given the guy was desprate for a fight, had been inactive and wanted back on the scene, his opponent being a guy who knocked out a washed up RJJ then fought joke fights in Siaca, Briggs i think BJ thought this one would be an easy night in the office and had Danny keept coming forward it would have been as BJ would have put him to sleep. Danny realised he was in with a true CW and resorted to sitting on ropes boxing, boring, in survival mode imo yawn then spruks about how he was able to outbox a boxer, well dckhead why didnt you outbox Beyer then and Mundine lol?

stick that in ya hat
well said !! and it was loss win for flores due coz of his inactivty wasnt ranked at all according to boxrec... a loss to green has him up at 13th
Old 03-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #72
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
shiner thinks everyone picked RJJ but i think it was 50-50
i know i picked Green KO 11.heres the prediction thread.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Not everyone picked Roy. But the vast majority of the media, the boxing public, and here, did pick Roy, and the pre-fight betting odds reflected that.

It was a big upset that caused ripples in the world boxing media for days after.

- how quickly some around here chose to forget that.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #73
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Not everyone picked Roy. But the vast majority of the media, the boxing public, and here, did pick Roy, and the pre-fight betting odds reflected that.

It was a big upset that caused ripples in the world boxing media for days after.

- how quickly some around here chose to forget that.
Yeah I tend to agree with this...RJJ just schooled Lacy a few months before and made him look silly

I think i picked Green then RJJ then sat on the fence so for me it was a huge fight for Green
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #74
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 36829

This fight has been in on-again off-again talks seemingly longer than Pacquiao vs. Mayweather.

I thought the nail in the coffin was Tarver washing his hands of Green and announcing he was moving permanently up to HW and not looking back?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #75
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm glad the last post was about the title of the thread Isn't always about the money?
one in a million is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum