Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #46
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648
Default Re: James Toney´s problem: Low Testosterone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT_TONEY View Post
This isn't new, not even for Toney. So I don't understand why he was surprised about it now.

from 2007: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Honestly, Toneys weight has always been up and down. He was 200lbs as a teenager, before his boxing career even began. He then slimmed down to as low as 157lbs in 1991. In 1998 he balloned up to over 260lbs already, only to come down to 190lbs and win the CW championship. He always had problems making weight, even as a MW. The man is just not disciplined. He works out hard when preparing for a fight, but between fights he lets himself go. Toney was always best when he fought regularly. In an old interview his former trainer Bill Miller said that Toney was the most talented and most undisciplined boxer in the history of the sport... Freddie Roach said something similar. I remember seeing HBO footage where Bill Miller sat in the gym waiting for young Toney while James was sitting with his pals in a BBQ joint...

Toney has always been able to shed the fat, but at age 42 his metabolism is so ****ed up that it doesn't work that way any more. Low test levels only increase that problem.
Toney should retire.
I read that Roach interveiw where he said Toney is the most talented guy he's ever trained and Pacquiao is the hardest worker. I don't think Toney was ever as good a Jones though.
iceferg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2011, 07:28 AM   #47
sir axeman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1175

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
HE said he cant **** like he used to or make babies no more

A little to too much info James
Thats because his wife dont want no baby whale lying on top of her!
sir axeman is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #48
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
I wonder if Toney is an alcoholic, it would explain the beer gut, low testosterone, increased estrogen
Very likely. He's over weight anyway. Overweight men always tend to suffer from hormonal imbalances with higher Estrogen counts.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #49
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 258

Quote:
Stanozolol isn't HGH
I know, as I already sourced.

Been a while, worse than I remember as he actually was abusing steriods. Think it was Evander who claimed HGH.

Last edited by The Mongoose; 03-15-2011 at 08:56 AM.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #50
Phanekim
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJD View Post
It's probably down to his prior steroid abuse. Your body stops producing as much testosterone because it's receiving a plentiful supply.
this. this is why your balls shrink cuase your testicles get used to not producing testosterone cause you keep taking it externally.
Phanekim is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #51
ploys

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Because you are? Its common knowledge that artificial hormones/steroids inhibit natural testosterone production. Are you actually stupid enough to imply that Toney has been on steroids for the entire 20 years plus of his career??!
Like i said HRT replacement has been used by a number of athletes for the very said same reason as Toney namely Couture and Dan Henderson. Pick up a book once in a while. Who knows you might even learn something.
if you think it's called "hormone replacement therapy replacement"...

the you obviously don't know much about the subject (for instance...what the acronym "hrt" stands for) & as such your opinion comes from such a point of ignorance as to be completely invalid.

& yeah...imo toney was on steroids for a lot of his career. he tested positive twice...both times after they increased the stringency of the testing in boxing after balco. i have no doubt that he was on steroids for years before that...without being caught. anyone with any failed drug test for a ped on their record (yet alone 2) was probably not just using for that fight & has an asterisk over their whole career imo.
ploys is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #52
AFBlues
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Stanozolol isn't HGH
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
AFBlues is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #53
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploys View Post
if you think it's called "hormone replacement therapy replacement"...

the you obviously don't know much about the subject (for instance...what the acronym "hrt" stands for) & as such your opinion comes from such a point of ignorance as to be completely invalid.

& yeah...imo toney was on steroids for a lot of his career. he tested positive twice...both times after they increased the stringency of the testing in boxing after balco. i have no doubt that he was on steroids for years before that...without being caught. anyone with any failed drug test for a ped on their record (yet alone 2) was probably not just using for that fight & has an asterisk over their whole career imo.
Well done Miss Marple a free chocolate chip cookie is on its way to you in the post. Looks like you could be on to a shocker here. Toneys been found guilty of being on Steroids twice but some random internet anorak reckons he has the inside scoop and Toneys been on them for his entire career because you're basing this assumption on a hunch? Riiiiight

Thanks for pointing out that i don't know what hormone replacement is. The fact that what i wrote was entirely informational has little relevance to the topic other than being informational and Toney isn't on HRT went straight over your huge brain didn't it. I like the way your straw specious argument harps on the semantics of what i wrote which was clearly lost in "your" translation. You Carol Vorderman in disguise? Any other revelational anecdotes stored in that big ass hole of yours?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #54
ploys

Quote:
Well done Miss Marple a free chocolate chip cookie is on its way to you in the post. Looks like you could be on to a shocker here. Toneys been found guilty of being on Steroids twice but some random internet anorak reckons he has the inside scoop and Tonys been on them for his entire career because you're basing this assumption on a hunch? Riiiiight
i didn't say it was a newsflash. & you do know what "imo" means, right? are you really bad with acronyms or just a hand clapping spastic looking for an argument cos someone hurt your pathetic ego?

like i said...you test positive for steroids twice; you don't get the the benefit of the doubt. testing positive for steroids twice seems to indicate that steroid abuse is not a "hunch" but rather something backed up by evidence. don't you think?

& yeah...imo if you test positive for peds even once...your whole career is suspect...test postive twice & you are just a ****ing cheat & only retard fanboys will defend you. look at yourself.

& if you add in suffering from common side effects of steroid abuse...i don't see why i shoudn't link the two. known steroid user suffers from known side effects of long-term steroid abuse. but you DON'T think they are linked? are you a bit retarded?

Quote:
Thanks for pointing out that i don't know what hormone replacement is. I like the way your straw specious argument harps on the semantics of what i wrote which was clearly lost in "your" translation. You Carol Vorderman in disguise? Any other revelational anecdotes stored in that big ass hole of yours?
dude...don't get your ***** in a tangle. you didn't understand the terminology you were using (evident as you misused it) which to me indicates that you don't really know a lot about the subject & your opinion is coming from a position of abject ignorance. but hey, you may be a doctor for all i know. the world's most retarded doctor...

i still don't think a lot of your opinion. & you're obviously a twat.
ploys is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #55
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
i didn't say it was a newsflash. & you do know what "imo" means, right? are you really bad with acronyms or just a hand clapping spastic looking for an argument cos someone hurt your pathetic ego?

like i said...you test positive for steroids twice; you don't get the the benefit of the doubt. testing positive for steroids twice seems to indicate that steroid abuse is not a "hunch" but rather something backed up by evidence. don't you think?

& yeah...imo if you test positive for peds even once...your whole career is suspect...test postive twice & you are just a ****ing cheat & only retard fanboys will defend you. look at yourself.

& if you add in suffering from common side effects of steroid abuse...i don't see why i shoudn't link the two. known steroid user suffers from known side effects of long-term steroid abuse. but you DON'T think they are linked? are you a bit retarded?

dude...don't get your ***** in a tangle. you didn't understand the terminology you were using (evident as you misused it) which to me indicates that you don't really know a lot about the subject & your opinion is coming from a position of abject ignorance. but hey, you may be a doctor for all i know. the world's most retarded doctor...

i still don't think a lot of your opinion. & you're obviously a twat.
Here's a tip Mystic Meg how about you learn to change your delivery? You might even get the desired result, instead of being an obtuse cunt.
Your entire argument is based on semantic bullshit of zero relevance to the thread topic, under the pretence that you have some startling esoteric knowledge that no one else knows but you.
I respond back to your arrogant rant but im the one with sandy vagina?
Am i actually supposed to be hurt that you don't think much of my opinion when your's is based on a "hunch" that Toney is on steroids? Really?!?!
Wind your neck in ya dumb noob.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #56
ploys

Quote:
Here's a tip Mystic Meg how about you learn to change your delivery? You might even get the desired result, instead of being an obtuse cunt.
Your entire argument is based on semantic bullshit of zero relevance to the thread topic, under the pretence that you have some startling esoteric knowledge that no one else knows but you.
I respond back to your arrogant rant but im the one with sandy vagina?
Am i actually supposed to be hurt that you don't think much of my opinion when your's is based on a "hunch" that Toney is on steroids? Really?!?!
Wind your neck in ya dumb noob.
it's not a "hunch" that toney used steroids tho...is it?

wow. you are retarded.
ploys is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #57
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Toney was conditioned by a former Mr Universe for the Booker fight where he had cramps and I believe ended up pulling a ligament in his arm. The guy was promptly fired. Shortly after that Toney failed a steroid test. Makes you wonder?? And nobody with any knowledge would suggest or use Boldenone when they are going to be tested. Same with Winstrol as the metabolites of the drug can stay in fat deposits in the body which will cause you to piss hot well after use has been discontinued.

The only thing that really matters is Toney is a convicted steroid cheat not once but twice. Who knows how long the guy has been juicing?
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #58
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:

wow. you are retarded.
This guy is obsessed with Bodybuilding and thinks every athlete should train and look like one. You are wasting your time arguing with him.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #59
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:

wow. you are retarded.
Course its a "hunch" you stupid noob ****. Where's the proof that his been on hormones his entire career? What two times he's been busted for steroids is concrete proof for an entire career based on YOUR OPINION? The only retard here is you because you're simply not capable of producing any empirical evidence to back up your absurd claim.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #60
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
This guy is obsessed with Bodybuilding and thinks every athlete should train and look like one. You are wasting your time arguing with him.
Remember this?

Imagine that im the one "apparently" obsessed with bodybuilding but your the gimp who posts multiple threads with pictures of your pigeon stick legs and dexter's laboratory upper body. Along with multiple threads on your use of steroids. But you're all natural!! Shut up Rico you clown.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum