Old 03-15-2011, 06:42 AM   #46
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bigfoot calls out Brock!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
Of course hes been punched silly by Carwin and Cain......all three are inexperienced and unproven (JDS is experienced but he hasnt fought Brock). Guys like Fedor, Josh and Overeem are experienced and proven.

Overeem would make Brock's face turn jelly.
You are correct Morono. Because a guy with 18 fights would never beat a 35 fight all time great for example...
Stoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2011, 08:45 AM   #47
bigG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I predicted Silva would defeat Lesnar in a thread I started a while back. I haven't changed my mind, but I wish that I could. All this talk of Lesnar being an easy fight since he lost to Velasquez is just foolish.

For starters, I think Velasquez is the sport's next dominant heavyweight. I predicted his victory over Brock in the prediction league, and I'm predicted many more victories as well. I can think of worst fighters to lose to.

Next, I look at the way Lesnar lost. Lesnar freaks out while being hit, and he does so in a way that suggests he doesn't get hit at all during training. He still doesn't fold like Bob Sapp. Lesnar took quite a bit of punishment from Cain before tapping, and he took quite a bit from Carwin before winning by submission. Lesnar doesn't exactly fight like a viking warrior, but I can't say he fights like a big wimp either. Lesnar runs from strikes, but they don't appear to be what makes him quit. It looks to me like Cain made him feel helpless, and that helplessness is what he succumbed to.

Lesnar has been given a shorter path to success because of his popularity as a WWE wrestler. Lesnar also had to fight tough opposition from the very beginning in the UFC. Lesnar has defeated Herring, Couture, Mir, and Carwin in the UFC. Lesnar only has 7 fights, and 4 or his 5 victories are more significant than any heavyweight victory by Alistair Overeem. Say what you want about the UFC, but they make their "sideshow" fighters fight quality fighters. Lesnar was given Mir for his 2nd pro fight. James Toney got Couture for his debut.

Lesnar is a 280 lb monster with crazy athletic ability. Predicting against him with certainty is crazy.
how refreshing to find an independantly minded, reasoned argumnet here..good post mate, my feelings exactly
bigG is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #48
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
silva is listed as 120kg, lesnar is 130.

on the ground? yes. in wrestling? no. striking?..says who?

bigfoot is no more an effective striker than randy, carwin or mir..

bigfoot was worn out and purple in the face just from "hitting" fedor. lesnar is at least twice the athlete silva is.

who gives a **** about the size of their hands?

Silva was 290-300lbs during the fight, Brock especially his last fight was far less than this.

On the ground, Brock looked clueless, Bigfoot was an expert and knew the positional game and the submission attempts he had to do against a great and active fighter. Brock fought against someone without a good BJJ and who was clearly spent.

Bigfoot took the fight, stood toe to toe, and didnt look too bad aaginst the GOAT. Bigfoot had cardio. Lesnar on the other hand cant even stand toe to toe and verbally tapped out lol.

Bigfoots wooden chest sized hands would one punch hit Brock and cause Brock to run away.
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #49
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Brock got out-wrestled by Cain, can we stop all this 'Lesnar is a good wrestler' bull****, he aint no good at anything.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #50
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
I predicted Silva would defeat Lesnar in a thread I started a while back. I haven't changed my mind, but I wish that I could. All this talk of Lesnar being an easy fight since he lost to Velasquez is just foolish.

For starters, I think Velasquez is the sport's next dominant heavyweight. I predicted his victory over Brock in the prediction league, and I'm predicted many more victories as well. I can think of worst fighters to lose to.

Next, I look at the way Lesnar lost. Lesnar freaks out while being hit, and he does so in a way that suggests he doesn't get hit at all during training. He still doesn't fold like Bob Sapp. Lesnar took quite a bit of punishment from Cain before tapping, and he took quite a bit from Carwin before winning by submission. Lesnar doesn't exactly fight like a viking warrior, but I can't say he fights like a big wimp either. Lesnar runs from strikes, but they don't appear to be what makes him quit. It looks to me like Cain made him feel helpless, and that helplessness is what he succumbed to.

Lesnar has been given a shorter path to success because of his popularity as a WWE wrestler. Lesnar also had to fight tough opposition from the very beginning in the UFC. Lesnar has defeated Herring, Couture, Mir, and Carwin in the UFC. Lesnar only has 7 fights, and 4 or his 5 victories are more significant than any heavyweight victory by Alistair Overeem. Say what you want about the UFC, but they make their "sideshow" fighters fight quality fighters. Lesnar was given Mir for his 2nd pro fight. James Toney got Couture for his debut.

Lesnar is a 280 lb monster with crazy athletic ability. Predicting against him with certainty is crazy.
I'm losing the purpose of this post to be honest. Is it your intent to prove that Lesnar ISN'T an easy fight? ("All this talk of Lesnar being an easy fight since he lost to Velasquez is just foolish. ") Because looking at this objectively, Cain had a pretty "easy" time finishing him off. Carwin also had an "easy" time against him in the first round, and it is my sincere belief that in a rematch Carwin would finish him. He got excited, probably because he didn't expect such an easy time, and shot his load....he beat himself.

Or is it your intent to justify Brock's deficiencies because he is so inexperienced and green?

The facts are this, Brock was fed Herring, Mir and Couture to build him up to be some sort of mythical monster. Herring and Mir have **** ass wrestling. Couture was 60lbs lighter than him (and still held his own for a while). Brock was overrated to disgusting levels. When he finally was put in with the "strong" and skilled heavyweights, who could wrestle AND strike, he was beaten up and made to look foolish. He got lucky Carwin gassed out, that is a fact not an opinion.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #51
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
I'm losing the purpose of this post to be honest. Is it your intent to prove that Lesnar ISN'T an easy fight? ("All this talk of Lesnar being an easy fight since he lost to Velasquez is just foolish. ") Because looking at this objectively, Cain had a pretty "easy" time finishing him off. Carwin also had an "easy" time against him in the first round, and it is my sincere belief that in a rematch Carwin would finish him. He got excited, probably because he didn't expect such an easy time, and shot his load....he beat himself.

Or is it your intent to justify Brock's deficiencies because he is so inexperienced and green?

The facts are this, Brock was fed Herring, Mir and Couture to build him up to be some sort of mythical monster. Herring and Mir have **** ass wrestling. Couture was 60lbs lighter than him (and still held his own for a while). Brock was overrated to disgusting levels. When he finally was put in with the "strong" and skilled heavyweights, who could wrestle AND strike, he was beaten up and made to look foolish. He got lucky Carwin gassed out, that is a fact not an opinion.
Listen to this man! ^^^^
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #52
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Folks, Bigfoot is an experienced fighter. Lesnar is essentially a novice with a Glass Jaw who is scared to death to take a punch. Bigfoot would dominate Lesnar who is nothing but a big lug who can't fight.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #53
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post

How did Carwin have it easy? He lost. People try to make out the Carwin vs Lesnar as though it were an unofficial victory for Carwin. You act like Carwin gassed because he was off doing wind sprints or something. Carwin gassed trying to knock Lesnar out. Lesnar took a beating, got the fight back to standing, then came out the next round and finished his opponent. Lesnar won that fight, and deserves full credit for it.

Fed Herring, Mir, and Couture? Those were three of the UFC's best heavyweights. They could have fed him Buentello, Duffee, or even Cro Cop. They could not have offered him any better. Who did the UFC have that was better than those fighters? Minotauro? If Minotauro could have defeated Mir, he would have gotten the opportunity.

Trying to defend Sherdog's #2 ranking of Lesnar is one thing. Trying to say he is not in the top 10, and is no longer a viable threat is another. I won't be surprised at all if Dos Santos knocks Lesnar out. Dos Santos punches rather well, and Lesnar does not react very well to getting hit. I also won't be surprised if Lesnar rag dolls Dos Santos, and leaves him in a bloody slump on the floor. For some reason, some people think the 2nd scenario is out of the realm of possibility.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #54
kelics
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

silva is not that good, fedor just got unlucky, look the fight agains arlovski, it wasent that impresive , i think fedor would beat him on a rematch
kelics is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2011, 07:36 AM   #55
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
How did Carwin have it easy? He lost. People try to make out the Carwin vs Lesnar as though it were an unofficial victory for Carwin. You act like Carwin gassed because he was off doing wind sprints or something. Carwin gassed trying to knock Lesnar out. Lesnar took a beating, got the fight back to standing, then came out the next round and finished his opponent. Lesnar won that fight, and deserves full credit for it.

Fed Herring, Mir, and Couture? Those were three of the UFC's best heavyweights. They could have fed him Buentello, Duffee, or even Cro Cop. They could not have offered him any better. Who did the UFC have that was better than those fighters? Minotauro? If Minotauro could have defeated Mir, he would have gotten the opportunity.

Trying to defend Sherdog's #2 ranking of Lesnar is one thing. Trying to say he is not in the top 10, and is no longer a viable threat is another. I won't be surprised at all if Dos Santos knocks Lesnar out. Dos Santos punches rather well, and Lesnar does not react very well to getting hit. I also won't be surprised if Lesnar rag dolls Dos Santos, and leaves him in a bloody slump on the floor. For some reason, some people think the 2nd scenario is out of the realm of possibility.
It is not impossible, just very unlikely.

Buentello, Duffee, and Cro Cop, might actually beat brock. thats the truth.

Its not that brock isnt a threat to guys like antonio silva its just that his weaknesses have been exposed his striking is an open wound that his opponents get to poke at. Lesnar will be forced to use his wrestilng to avoid getting smashed standing but his wrestling is not nearly as good as was advertised. His takedowns can be stopped.

Silva will put a beating on Brock Lesnar, but JDS will get to Brock first and destroy him, so I doubt Lesnar vs Silva will ever happen.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #56
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I still don't understand why so many people are oblivious to the fact that Brock's stand-up game is NON-****ING-EXISTENT!

Anytime he fights a top fighter who can strike and has some TD defence, he's pretty much ****ed.

"Yeah but he's so big and athletic" - how does that help him when his china chin is getting smashed by punches which make his spindly legs give out from underneath him?

Carwin smashed him up before he badly gassed, Carwin's weakness in terms of stamina was what made him fail in that fight, not anything that Brock did, other than show pretty impressive resilience.

Cain smashed him up and didn't gas.

JDS will smash him up and not gas.

As would/will countless others depending on how long he stays in the game for.

Brock will have success against much smaller guys (Couture) or guys who are not primarily known for striking or wrestling (Mir), but 9 times out of 10 a striker with TD defence ****ing owns his ass within a round.

The guy is not well-rounded enough to compete at the top level.

And to anyone who disagrees - come back to me after the JDS fight, and we will see who was right.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #57
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
It is not impossible, just very unlikely.

Buentello, Duffee, and Cro Cop, might actually beat brock. thats the truth.

Its not that brock isnt a threat to guys like antonio silva its just that his weaknesses have been exposed his striking is an open wound that his opponents get to poke at. Lesnar will be forced to use his wrestilng to avoid getting smashed standing but his wrestling is not nearly as good as was advertised. His takedowns can be stopped.

Silva will put a beating on Brock Lesnar, but JDS will get to Brock first and destroy him, so I doubt Lesnar vs Silva will ever happen.
Buentello, Duffee, and Cro Cop have and chance in the sense that all fighters stand a chance in a fight. That chance would be slim to none for them against Lesnar. Cro Cop would stand a chance against Lesnar in a ring, but he couldn't stay off the ground against Kongo in a cage. Buentello was also taken down with ease by Kongo.

How is Lesnar's wrestling not nearly as good as advertised? I've never seen him touted as Olympic level. Couture has superior wrestling credentials. Carwin and Cain aren't exactly lacking with their wrestling credentials either. He knocked out Couture, and submitted Carwin.

Lesnar has been advertised as a freak of nature, and has delivered in that department. How many other people could come into the UFC and knock off 4 of it's top 8 after only 2 fights? The way he freaks out while being punched suggests that he's done this without any real sparring. Lesnar has got as far as he has simply by rolling and circuit training.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #58
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
I still don't understand why so many people are oblivious to the fact that Brock's stand-up game is NON-****ING-EXISTENT!

Anytime he fights a top fighter who can strike and has some TD defence, he's pretty much ****ed.

"Yeah but he's so big and athletic" - how does that help him when his china chin is getting smashed by punches which make his spindly legs give out from underneath him?

Carwin smashed him up before he badly gassed, Carwin's weakness in terms of stamina was what made him fail in that fight, not anything that Brock did, other than show pretty impressive resilience.

Cain smashed him up and didn't gas.

JDS will smash him up and not gas.

As would/will countless others depending on how long he stays in the game for.

Brock will have success against much smaller guys (Couture) or guys who are not primarily known for striking or wrestling (Mir), but 9 times out of 10 a striker with TD defence ****ing owns his ass within a round.

The guy is not well-rounded enough to compete at the top level.

And to anyone who disagrees - come back to me after the JDS fight, and we will see who was right.
It doesn't matter if his stand-up is non existent if his opponent's can't stop the fight from going to the ground. Lesnar has faced 3 of the UFC's best wrestlers, and defeated 2 of them

All but 1 of Lesnar's fights has been against guys at the top level.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #59
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
It doesn't matter if his stand-up is non existent if his opponent's can't stop the fight from going to the ground.

Lesnar has faced 3 of the UFC's best wrestlers, and defeated 2 of them

All but 1 of Lesnar's fights has been against guys at the top level.
None of this in any way negates anything that I said.

Lesnar has no stand up. Lesnar is not well-rounded.

Cain blew him away in a round, if Carwin hadn't gassed the result would have been the same, and JDS is going to do the exact same thing shortly.

This will be the story of Lesnar's career IF the UFC keeps matching him with bona fide top level guys who are well-rounded enough to be good strikers with good takedown defence.

But you're right, if the UFC start putting him back in with people much smaller than him (Couture) or guys well past their best (Herring) or people who match up favourably with him (Mir), then he'll get the job done.

JDS KO1 Lesnar.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2011, 06:57 AM   #60
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Lesnar did have to fight tough competition too early in his career, and I personally think that was to his detriment, he was thrown in deep waters and relied on his strength and athleticism to get him the victory instead of honing new skills and putting them in action.

Then again it is possible that he simply has no striking ability and nothing could have changed that no matter how his career had gone.

Quote:
How is Lesnar's wrestling not nearly as good as advertised? I've never seen him touted as Olympic level. Couture has superior wrestling credentials. Carwin and Cain aren't exactly lacking with their wrestling credentials either. He knocked out Couture, and submitted Carwin.

I guess you didnt read the ridiculous bull**** I have where lesnar was seen a wrestling powerhouse who can take anybody down and control them based on what he did to Heath Herring. I never said people claimed lesnar’s wrestling was Olympic level just that he was the best wrestler in the ufc heavyweight division which he clearly is not.

Quote:

Lesnar has been advertised as a freak of nature, and has delivered in that department. How many other people could come into the UFC and knock off 4 of it's top 8 after only 2 fights? The way he freaks out while being punched suggests that he's done this without any real sparring. Lesnar has got as far as he has simply by rolling and circuit training.
This is interesting but what does it prove. I agree not many fighters with such little experience could get so far on so little but the current version of Lesnar after years of training in different disciplines of MA it really doesn’t count for much now does it. Lesnar has athleticism but is not skilled and in combat sports athleticism can only get you so far without developing basic skills which lesnar lacks, and especially under distress, he cannot use what little he does have.

Basically Brock Lesnar never advanced his skills the way he should have, Lesnar had some potential but it seems it will never be realized thats why their is so much backlash to the lesnar hype.

Brock was sold as a work in progress that he could achieve greatness if given time. But it was all nonesense he has not nor ever will achieve the greatness promised. It is abundantly clear now, actually it has been for some time.
yaca you is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum