Old 03-17-2011, 06:12 AM   #61
smbsmd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1222
Default Re: Bigfoot calls out Brock!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
Lesnar did have to fight tough competition too early in his career, and I personally think that was to his detriment, he was thrown in deep waters and relied on his strength and athleticism to get him the victory instead of honing new skills and putting them in action.

Then again it is possible that he simply has no striking ability and nothing could have changed that no matter how his career had gone.

I guess you didnt read the ridiculous bullshit I have where lesnar was seen a wrestling powerhouse who can take anybody down and control them based on what he did to Heath Herring. I never said people claimed lesnarís wrestling was Olympic level just that he was the best wrestler in the ufc heavyweight division which he clearly is not.

This is interesting but what does it prove. I agree not many fighters with such little experience could get so far on so little but the current version of Lesnar after years of training in different disciplines of MA it really doesnít count for much now does it. Lesnar has athleticism but is not skilled and in combat sports athleticism can only get you so far without developing basic skills which lesnar lacks, and especially under distress, he cannot use what little he does have.

Basically Brock Lesnar never advanced his skills the way he should have, Lesnar had some potential but it seems it will never be realized thats why their is so much backlash to the lesnar hype.

Brock was sold as a work in progress that he could achieve greatness if given time. But it was all nonesense he has not nor ever will achieve the greatness promised. It is abundantly clear now, actually it has been for some time.
smbsmd is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #62
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
Lesnar did have to fight tough competition too early in his career, and I personally think that was to his detriment, he was thrown in deep waters and relied on his strength and athleticism to get him the victory instead of honing new skills and putting them in action.

Then again it is possible that he simply has no striking ability and nothing could have changed that no matter how his career had gone.

I guess you didnt read the ridiculous bullshit I have where lesnar was seen a wrestling powerhouse who can take anybody down and control them based on what he did to Heath Herring. I never said people claimed lesnarís wrestling was Olympic level just that he was the best wrestler in the ufc heavyweight division which he clearly is not.

This is interesting but what does it prove. I agree not many fighters with such little experience could get so far on so little but the current version of Lesnar after years of training in different disciplines of MA it really doesnít count for much now does it. Lesnar has athleticism but is not skilled and in combat sports athleticism can only get you so far without developing basic skills which lesnar lacks, and especially under distress, he cannot use what little he does have.

Basically Brock Lesnar never advanced his skills the way he should have, Lesnar had some potential but it seems it will never be realized thats why their is so much backlash to the lesnar hype.

Brock was sold as a work in progress that he could achieve greatness if given time. But it was all nonesense he has not nor ever will achieve the greatness promised. It is abundantly clear now, actually it has been for some time.
All you are doing is assuming that a guy with only 7 fights will not improve in terms of technique and skill. The only way he doesn't improve is if he gives up on fighting. There is no way that someone with his limited experience can avoid advancing in skill if he continues to train and fight.

A lot of people on this forum love to write people off with little hesitation. They did it with Werdum, and Silva, going against Fedor. They did it with Edgar against Penn. Now almost everyone is doing it concerning Lesnar and Dos Santos.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #63
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
It doesn't matter if his stand-up is non existent if his opponent's can't stop the fight from going to the ground. Lesnar has faced 3 of the UFC's best wrestlers, and defeated 2 of them

All but 1 of Lesnar's fights has been against guys at the top level.
What wrestlers has he defeated? Couture? He outweighed him by 50lbs or more on fight night.

The UFC's best Wrestlers are:
1. GSP
2. Jon Jones
3. Up for grabs
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #64
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
What wrestlers has he defeated? Couture? He outweighed him by 50lbs or more on fight night.

The UFC's best Wrestlers are:
1. GSP
2. Jon Jones
3. Up for grabs
I was referring to his weight class. What 3 better wrestlers were in the UFC's heavyweight division than Couture, Carwin, or Velasquez?
Old 03-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #65
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I was referring to his weight class. What 3 better wrestlers were in the UFC's heavyweight division than Couture, Carwin, or Velasquez?

Do you agree that Jones is 2nd best though, just curious. I don't see how at the moment anyone can be above him other than GSP, the guy ragdolled Hammil and Bader and easily took down and controlled Vera also.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #66
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post

Do you agree that Jones is 2nd best though, just curious. I don't see how at the moment anyone can be above him other than GSP, the guy ragdolled Hammil and Bader and easily took down and controlled Vera also.
It's certainly arguable that he is. He's got some tough competition when you consider Edgar and Maynard, but he isn't off to a bad start.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum