Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Sengoku is dead..

Another one bites the dust:

As we already announced in an immediate report last time (on Feburary 1, 2011), our company is at a turning point and we have to make a tough choice now.

Our mother company, Don Quijote, who is also our primary sponsor, has just officially announced that they will be withdrawing their support. We would like to honestly tell the truth since we are already to the point where we cannot do anything else. Here is what Don Quijote feel:

"We have been supporting MMA with only our passion and dreams, regardless of the huge deficits it caused. However, our passions and dreams have been misunderstood. But some heartless media who have picked our organization apart in magazines, and we have been suffering as a result of this. We have run out of patience."

However, Don Quixote is not trying to retreat from the world of MMA completely, and we will still continue to sponsor Shooto, Pancrase, and groups which we support now such as amateur wrestling groups.

"We may also sponsor other (small) groups if they ask, although we are not going to change our company's decision; we are retreating from big event businesses like SRC."

It is a shame to reveal our situation, but the reality is that we have to throw our hands up without the mother company and sponsor companies which we have counted on.

Our only hope is that another company like Don Quixote provides sponsorship for us that has a passion for MMA. World Victory Road has said:

"If there is a company which has passions for MMA and could support (SRC) with a decent amount of money, we would like to give them total support."

However, if there will be no company whom can help us, we have to think about the worst case scenario: the end of SRC.

In any case, we would like to say sorry to fans of SRC, athletes, and everyone who supported us.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sengoku is dead..

Indeed. But to be fair Japanese MMA has been imploding since PRIDE's demise.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Sengoku is dead..

With Santiago leaving for the UFC, talks of Hioki coming the UFC, and Sandro having left for Bellator, it was doomed anyway. It really sucks, because Sengoku consistently put on very exciting cards, and it's another nail in the coffin of JMMA.

Hopefully Mamed Khalidov and Maximo Blanco come stateside. There is very little left for them overseas.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #4
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sengoku is dead..

Credit to UFC for obliterating any and all resistance internationally. The UFC is entering new markets everyday and without a rival I think they will become the premier brand in every country. Other promotions will always exist but if someone wants to be the best (and most will) then they will go to the UFC. Also, people complain but I think the UFC still pays the best out there. Guys like Hendo and Fedor are so exciting and big names that they can branch out on their own. However, even their records get hurt when they leave.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Sengoku is dead..

I hope Hioki comes to the UFC.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sengoku is dead..

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Credit to UFC for obliterating any and all resistance internationally. The UFC is entering new markets everyday and without a rival I think they will become the premier brand in every country. Other promotions will always exist but if someone wants to be the best (and most will) then they will go to the UFC. Also, people complain but I think the UFC still pays the best out there. Guys like Hendo and Fedor are so exciting and big names that they can branch out on their own. However, even their records get hurt when they leave.
Erm but they didn't. Japanese MMA has been crumbling on it's own. I guess you're also happy about FEG and K-1 kicking the bucket right?
Additonally if you actually think monopolization of a sport is good for fighters and over all competition then im not entirely sure why you watch this sport Achilles.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sengoku is dead..

Honestly **** DW and **** monopoly !
I'm so ****in pissed right now...
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sengoku is dead..

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Credit to UFC for obliterating any and all resistance internationally. The UFC is entering new markets everyday and without a rival I think they will become the premier brand in every country. Other promotions will always exist but if someone wants to be the best (and most will) then they will go to the UFC. Also, people complain but I think the UFC still pays the best out there. Guys like Hendo and Fedor are so exciting and big names that they can branch out on their own. However, even their records get hurt when they leave.


[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgJAI8sqMLs[/ame]
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sengoku is dead..

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Erm but they didn't. Japanese MMA has been crumbling on it's own. I guess you're also happy about FEG and K-1 kicking the bucket right?
Additonally if you actually think monopolization of a sport is good for fighters and over all competition then im not entirely sure why you watch this sport Achilles.
K1 going under would be a huge blow for me. I love the GP every year.

I don't think a monopoly is good but at the same time I do. If the UFC runs it and keeps making the best fights then you won't hear me complaining.

I don't think the UFC business model is perfect but it is by far the best out there as a business and as entertainment and as a sport.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #10
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,170
vCash: 100
Default Re: Sengoku is dead..

A monopoly would be great for MMA, however, it is heartless and it's very unlikely to have everyone fight under one umbrella, because... it just isn't.

K1 shouldn't go under though. I hope it doesn't.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,063
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Sengoku is dead..

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Erm but they didn't. Japanese MMA has been crumbling on it's own. I guess you're also happy about FEG and K-1 kicking the bucket right?
Additonally if you actually think monopolization of a sport is good for fighters and over all competition then im not entirely sure why you watch this sport Achilles.
It will really suck to see Overeem -Carwin, Brock-Silva, Barnett-JDS , Diaz-GSP, Melendez-Edgar etc. This isn't Walmart the sport will be better off having all the best fighters fight the best instead of would have could have should have. You talk like your a fighter and worried the fighters will suffer, don't worry about them they will be fine without you. The only fighting you do is behind your keyboard anyhow.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #12
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sengoku is dead..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
It will really suck to see Overeem -Carwin, Brock-Silva, Barnett-JDS , Diaz-GSP, Melendez-Edgar etc. This isn't Walmart the sport will be better off having all the best fighters fight the best instead of would have could have should have. You talk like your a fighter and worried the fighters will suffer, don't worry about them they will be fine without you. The only fighting you do is behind your keyboard anyhow.
Why don't you learn to ****ing read you dumb shit? Where in my post did i say i didn't want to see any of those bouts you stupid **** stick? You always have an axe to grind with me. I point out what i see as a CLEAR disparity in MMA currently and you're still towing the company line like some retarded blind schill who isn't even capable of formulating his own opinion other than the shite the UFC hype machine feeds you. Get back in your box.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #13
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,063
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Sengoku is dead..

I have an axe to grind because it's blokes like you that try to turn this place in toShitdog by your continued namecalling and rants to people who don't agree with your constant crap you post daily. You say you want to see those fights but yet you want all these different orgs having "competition" so that means they would all be spread out not fighting each other.....it's quite simple.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #14
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sengoku is dead..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
I have an axe to grind because it's blokes like you that try to turn this place in toShitdog by your continued namecalling and rants to people who don't agree with your constant crap you post daily. You say you want to see those fights but yet you want all these different orgs having "competition" so that means they would all be spread out not fighting each other.....it's quite simple.
STFU stinky pants
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #15
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sengoku is dead..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
I have an axe to grind because it's blokes like you that try to turn this place in toShitdog by your continued namecalling and rants to people who don't agree with your constant crap you post daily. You say you want to see those fights but yet you want all these different orgs having "competition" so that means they would all be spread out not fighting each other.....it's quite simple.
YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT ****ING READ IT! So if your the model of objectivity why have you spent your entire stay here bitching about Fedor? Iv beaten your retarded ass down numerous times and yet you have an axe to grind with the GREATEST OF ALL TIMES. Imagine that the barometer is set that high but somehow some stupid canuck thinks he knows better because you're just schilling for the best bouts right?
So Sengoku goes down the pan but your a fan of MMA and just want to see the best bouts and thats a good thing right? You are far an away the most wotless useless vacuous piece of shit poster on this board. You want to sit their and bleat about name calling? Well how about you take a dose of shut the **** up and wind that thimble neck in instead of spitting your dummy out when someone doesn't agree with your UFC bullshit. You're the one that started this crap not me.
I make a thread about Sengoku's demise you aim a barb at me and then somehow don't expect anything back? Im a fan of this ****ing sport! So shit yeah i want to see Sengoku stay afloat. Of course i want to see MFC M-1 Bellator SF DREAM etc because thats what FANS DO! They get behind their sport not cheer lead for a ****ing organisation because it suits their simple mindset.
Now get off my ****ing case you piece of shit and **** off.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013