Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #16
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tyson 1996 V Klitchkos

Although, I'd pick Tyson to have a real chance at beating both Klitschko's, I think he'd have to be at his very best to do it, not because the Klits are great fighters, per say, but because they have both physical and stylistic attributes, which would make Mike's preference to knockout a foe early difficult.. Let's face it, even though Wlad has weak chin, he's not so difficult to hit anymore, and often makes men pay for lunging in at him with either a stinging jab or counter right... Tyson, while having loads of power, would probably hurt those guys LESS, than someone like Sam peter, because Peter at least had the height and style to land at a closer range, wheras Tyson's power would probably get diminished in the stretch.... I like Mike in his prime to beat both men, because he was focussed and had Kevin Rooney in his corner, and had not yet abandoned some of the old school discipline that got him to the top... I figure that a 1987-1988 Tyson, decisions Vitali in similar fashion to the way he decisioned Tucker, while stopping Wlad around 7 the way he did Biggs... But anytime around or after the Douglas fight, both Klits beat him... Tyson burned very bright for a short period, but hit a very steep slope fast once his resolve for the game was gone...
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2011, 05:45 AM   #17
Mirko
Journeyman

Vladimir has nothing in his style that can beat a pre 1997 (or even pre 2000) tyson. jab jab right hand, he's just too typical to do any damage. Tyson's style was built on slipping the jab and throwing a counter punch. you need more than a jab to beat tyson. Vladimir has no chance. zero.
Vitali is another story, because of his style. If tyson brings his pre-prison determination then I see him winning a late stoppage or taking the unanimous decision, if not ... then we might have Vitali winning by late tko.
Mirko is offline  Top
Old 03-19-2011, 05:49 AM   #18
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

The 1996 Tyson still had enough left to beat both Klitschkos,imo.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 03-19-2011, 06:04 AM   #19
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

96 Tyson knocks out Wlad, I think the Vitali fight could go either way, Tyson actually matches up pretty well against Vitali, he's so much faster its ridiculous, he's slipping his jabs taking away Vitali's big weapon, Vitali's power isn't really bothering him too much and he would have all the cards at mid range and inside
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 03-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #20
willmc83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 138

Tyson '96 wins. You could debate and argue over the method of victory but I'd be absolutley certain of a Tyson victory
willmc83 is offline  Top
Old 03-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #21
Casual133
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1161

I'm pretty sure Mike would have destroyed Wlad with ease. He just fights to cautious and Mike style is horrible for Wlad, he'd freeze and turn into panic mode once Mike starts pressuring him.

Vitali has a shot though, due to his granite chin, I think he'd give a good account of himself.
Casual133 is offline  Top
Old 03-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #22
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Green View Post
Vitali is no Bruno. Much harder to hit and much better durability. Tyson in his comeback never demonstrated that he could go 12. He even had trouble in the early rounds with guys like Mathis and Botha smothering him, not to mention Holy. I think Vitali would take him out in the second half of the fight.
great points. you also forgot to mention his lack of defence and head movement and a very rusty fighter because he wasnt fighting enough and trainig enough. he was just a very fast powerful head hunter
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 08:26 AM   #23
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Tyson destroys Wlad so quick people start complaining....like the Seldon/Mcneeley fights. Look at what the bald fat version did to Golota. Wlad has ZERO chance

Against Vitali, it would take time but he would get the job done. People keep mentioning Holyfield....but VK aint no Evander Holyfield.
Sanders had VK going at the end of the first round, put Tyson in there and its all over.

Tyson was awful in the Botha fight, thats when he began a really steep decline and Buster Mathis was pretty slick for a fat dude until Tyson timed him....totally different style to VK.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #24
Blood Green
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2492

Vitali would still be leaning on him. Again, given how much chin and stamina Vitali has shown added to Tyson's lack of stamina post prison, I see VK winning.
Blood Green is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #25
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Quote:
Vitali would still be leaning on him. Again, given how much chin and stamina Vitali has shown added to Tyson's lack of stamina post prison, I see VK winning.
Peak VK was exhausted after 4 rounds with flabby Old Lewis in 2003...
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 10:24 AM   #26
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
His lack of Stamina only showed against Evander Holyfield. And Evander Holyfield is leagues ahead of VK.

Also Holyfield has a much more versatile arsenal than VK. And when he fought Tyson he had had the experience of fighting the Bowes, Coopers, Mercers, Moorers, Holmes and Foreman.

Compare that to who VK has fought, he hasnt fought jack.

I see another version of Tyson Vs Golota but longer....and VK does have a habit of quitting in his biggest fights
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #27
Blood Green
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This "leagues ahead of VK" thing is far from fact.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #28
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
This "leagues ahead of VK" thing is far from fact.
Compare Holyfields resume and skills to VKS.

Holyfield fought and beat the whose who of the 90s

Vk aint really done jack

Not to mention that Holyfield was significantlly smaller in his HW career than most of his opponents, whereas Vitali is normally larger.

Holyfield overall is leagues above VK.

Did you know Holyfield had 2 close fights with a Prime Lennox Lewis, the same Lennox who....you know the rest
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #29
Blood Green
Contender
ESB Senior Member

You're proving my point. You obviously hate Vitali (I like Tyson more than him btw). It's cool though, keep thinking Bert Cooper is better than everyone Vitali beat.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #30
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
You're proving my point. You obviously hate Vitali (I like Tyson more than him btw). It's cool though, keep thinking Bert Cooper is better than everyone Vitali beat.
I dont hate Vitali. But he will never be as great as Evander Holyfield or Muhammad Ali or any of the other ATG hes constantly compared to.

Hes doing a great job right now however people overrate him too much.

Bert Cooper is no ATG...but Foreman, Moorer, Lewis, Tyson, Bowe, Holmes, Mercer....?

And it is a fact. Evander Holyfield IS leagues above Vitali Klitscko
Azzer85 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum