Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #31
goat15
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson 1996 V Klitchkos

holyfield's resume makes me dizzy every time i look at it.
goat15 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #32
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat15 View Post
holyfield's resume makes me dizzy every time i look at it.

Tell that to the guy who says the gap between Holyfield and Vk isnt that much
Azzer85 is online now  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #33
goat15
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
Tell that to the guy who says the gap between Holyfield and Vk isnt that much
things will calm down when vitali's been retired for a bit. people find it hard to rank active fighters accurately for some reason.
goat15 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #34
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
things will calm down when vitali's been retired for a bit. people find it hard to rank active fighters accurately for some reason.

The only thing hes got going for him is he hasnt really been knocked down before....apart from that, what has he got thats better than anything Holyfields got?

Very overrated.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #35
Blood Green
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2492

I'm not claiming Vitali's resume is as good as Holyfield's. Azzer was making dismissive comments about Vitali being far worse than Holy in a h2h sense, implying that Vitali's size advantage should discredit his wins, and claiming that Holy had better showings against Lewis. Those are all bullshit.
Blood Green is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #36
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Green View Post
I'm not claiming Vitali's resume is as good as Holyfield's. Azzer was making dismissive comments about Vitali being far worse than Holy in a h2h sense, implying that Vitali's size advantage should discredit his wins, and claiming that Holy had better showings against Lewis. Those are all bullshit.
WHo fought a Prime Lewis and fought to a draw despite being past his best and who fought an OLD lewis and got stopped (despite being in his prime)?

One guy is smaller but fights and beats ATGs. The other is larger and fighters smaller bums....

The difference in quality is evident.

I dont hate Vitali, i just think hes overrated as his brother. Im not discrediting his wins. People just need to get off the "Vitali is the best thing since cooked food" bandwagon.

I never refferred to them in a head 2 head sense, thats another thread on its own..
Old 03-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #37
goat15
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
The only thing hes got going for him is he hasnt really been knocked down before....apart from that, what has he got thats better than anything Holyfields got?
vitali has a few remarkable ring records, such as 'fewest rounds fought before becoming champion', 'never knocked down', and 'highest ko percentage in heavyweight history'. great records as these are, they're trivialities, and can be explained partly by a lack of great competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Green View Post
I'm not claiming Vitali's resume is as good as Holyfield's. Azzer was making dismissive comments about Vitali being far worse than Holy in a h2h sense
yeah, vitali is a good fighter head to head. he has some awesome attributes - chin, size, punch volume, stamina etc.
goat15 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #38
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
vitali has a few remarkable ring records, such as 'fewest rounds fought before becoming champion', 'never knocked down', and 'highest ko percentage in heavyweight history'. great records as these are, they're trivialities, and can be explained partly by a lack of great competition.

yeah, vitali is a good fighter head to head. he has some awesome attributes - chin, size, punch volume, stamina etc.
I never dissed Vitali in a H2H sense. He would be tough, but not as much as everyone tries to make him out. Hed lose more than hed win.

But when you think about it. Whats VK got that Holyfield hasnt seen before? Maybe we should start a Holyfield Vs VK thread
Old 03-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #39
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun711 View Post
he would stop both of them
Chempasillo is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #40
goat15
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
I never dissed Vitali in a H2H sense. He would be tough, but not as much as everyone tries to make him out. Hed lose more than hed win.

But when you think about it. Whats VK got that Holyfield hasnt seen before? Maybe we should start a Holyfield Vs VK thread
yeah, holyfield beat bowe and held his own when he was past prime against lewis. bowe and lewis are the greatest super heavyweights of all time head to head, and in terms of achievement it goes lewis > wlad > bowe > vitali. although you could make a case for bowe > wlad based on best wins.
goat15 is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #41
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
yeah, holyfield beat bowe and held his own when he was past prime against lewis. bowe and lewis are the greatest super heavyweights of all time head to head, and in terms of achievement it goes lewis > wlad > bowe > vitali. although you could make a case for bowe > wlad based on best wins.
Bowe and Wlad are hard to rank, Wlad has had the longetivity and defeated all...most challengers, but hes had those embarassing losses which bring him down.

Bowe doesnt have the longetivity but he has the legendary trilogy with Holyfield and one loss. And he showed ATG skills. H2H Bowe beats both Klits and possibly Lennox too. Ive always felt Tyson would beat Bowe though....for soem reason
Old 03-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #42
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
WHo fought a Prime Lewis and fought to a draw

Quote:
Whats VK got that Holyfield hasnt seen before?

Quote:
Bowe doesnt have the longetivity but he has the legendary trilogy with Holyfield and one loss.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #43
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post

u ****ing twat

once again i ask...what the **** has vitali klitschko got, that Evander Holyfield hasnt seen before?
did Holyfield and Lewis fight to a draw, yes or no?
and Bowe had a Trilogy with Holyfield and has one loss on his record, is this true or not?

log off, grab a stool and grab a noose
Old 03-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #44
goat15
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Bowe and Wlad are hard to rank, Wlad has had the longetivity and defeated all...most challengers, but hes had those embarassing losses which bring him down.

Bowe doesnt have the longetivity but he has the legendary trilogy with Holyfield and one loss. And he showed ATG skills. H2H Bowe beats both Klits and possibly Lennox too. Ive always felt Tyson would beat Bowe though....for soem reason
yeah it's difficult. at the end of wlad's career, if he retires without another loss, i'd probably start leaning towards him. i normally tend to put more emphasis on top wins though...

i know what you're saying about tyson and bowe. maybe it's a brownsville thing...
goat15 is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #45
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
yeah it's difficult. at the end of wlad's career, if he retires without another loss, i'd probably start leaning towards him. i normally tend to put more emphasis on top wins though...

i know what you're saying about tyson and bowe. maybe it's a brownsville thing...
If Wlad retires on good terms then id rank him slightly higher, but H2H, Bowes on another level.

As good as Bowe was, ive always felt Tyson had this "Whose your daddy" thing over Bowe.

Man if i could Pick a fight to watch, Prime Tyson Vs Prime Bowe, Holyfield or Lewis, i would pick Bowe.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum