Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-20-2007, 11:08 AM   #16
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202
Default Re: Can someone help me get bigger traps?

I wonder if the folks at bodybuilding.com get as many boxing questions as we get bodybuilding questions.
RDJ is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2007, 02:37 PM   #17
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Pull ups are an excellent test of pure strenth aswell as working your back in its entireity.Do plenty of them and you`ll see your wings grow in no time.It also works the small of the back including the thickness of your traps if you use a small grip.Works for me!
yeah pullups have been in my workouts for a while, they gave me big strong back just not the traps. I will however take your advice on the bent over rows, there definitely a good exercise that I will incorperate into my next workout.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2007, 08:01 PM   #18
average_joe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Do slightly-wide-gripped pullups. Not all the way out but a little past shoulder-width.
average_joe is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #19
average_joe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ
I wonder if the folks at bodybuilding.com get as many boxing questions as we get bodybuilding questions.
Actually, I once read a mensfitness issue that gave a boxing workout.
average_joe is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2007, 08:10 PM   #20
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe
Actually, I once read a mensfitness issue that gave a boxing workout.
I bet the goal was to "look like a boxer".
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2007, 09:32 PM   #21
Nwil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

just stumbled upon this thread....it's gay as shit. why would you post a thread on how to increase trap size on a boxing forum? there are bodybuilding forums specifically for that, but more so, size doesn't mean shit. when you get popped in the mouth, your perfectly chiseled traps won't help you.

GAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ
I bet the goal was to "look like a boxer".
lmao
Nwil is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 02:28 PM   #22
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwil
just stumbled upon this thread....it's gay as shit. why would you post a thread on how to increase trap size on a boxing forum? there are bodybuilding forums specifically for that, but more so, size doesn't mean shit. when you get popped in the mouth, your perfectly chiseled traps won't help you.

GAY

lmao
Its the training section, just like theres an MMA section on a boxing forum. I personally dont care what you have to say, I just wanted other peoples thoughts on it and what worked for them. I have boxed and yes I been told by 2 trainers already about how working your traps out is important, so suck a dick and swallow bitch.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:52 PM   #23
Nwil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33
Its the training section, just like theres an MMA section on a boxing forum. I personally dont care what you have to say, I just wanted other peoples thoughts on it and what worked for them. I have boxed and yes I been told by 2 trainers already about how working your traps out is important, so suck a dick and swallow bitch.
yeah, this is boxing training, not bodybuilding. The only reason you don't "care" what I have to say is because it doesn't benefit you, you dumb****. Or did you have it in the back of your mind when you made this thread that nwil's thoughts don't matter?

hey buddy, never said working traps was unimportant. I said size doesn't matter because it is very loosely correlated with strength. Your thread should have been about strengthening traps, not increasing size.

My reply wasn't anything against you, but there have been stupid questions in the past that belonged in a bodybuilding forum, so I was just annoyed.
Nwil is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #24
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwil
yeah, this is boxing training, not bodybuilding. The only reason you don't "care" what I have to say is because it doesn't benefit you, you dumb****. Or did you have it in the back of your mind when you made this thread that nwil's thoughts don't matter?

hey buddy, never said working traps was unimportant. I said size doesn't matter because it is very loosely correlated with strength. Your thread should have been about strengthening traps, not increasing size.

My reply wasn't anything against you, but there have been stupid questions in the past that belonged in a bodybuilding forum, so I was just annoyed.
I honestly got no problem with you, but when you posted something like me being gay for me making this thread, I got a little mad. I just seen posts in the past about losing a gut or how can I get through fatigue when working out, I assumed it was ok to make a thread to find out how to get bigger traps and what worked for them.

Its cool, I probably should of worded it differently. I just thought saying it that way would get more responses, which I think alot of people gave helpful advice to IMO.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:00 PM   #25
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Seige-
if he wants to increase the size of his traps, who are we to stop him?

you do what you want, there is nothing wrong with wanting to look good, it gives you alittle extra motivation.
Being an insanely handsome person myself I don't bother with bodybuilding programs, but I understand you ugly people want to look good as well.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #26
Mohak
RIP Smokin' Joe
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Can someone help me get bigger traps?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Mohak is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #27
Mohak
RIP Smokin' Joe
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Pull up's or one of those machines that you sit on and pull this weighted handles. I forget what it's called.
Mohak is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 05:39 PM   #28
Nwil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33
I honestly got no problem with you, but when you posted something like me being gay for me making this thread, I got a little mad. I just seen posts in the past about losing a gut or how can I get through fatigue when working out, I assumed it was ok to make a thread to find out how to get bigger traps and what worked for them.

Its cool, I probably should of worded it differently. I just thought saying it that way would get more responses, which I think alot of people gave helpful advice to IMO.
yeah, it's cool. And btw, I mistakenly thought you meant lats on first read, so that was kind of why I responded that way, but w/e.

Shrugs are the fundamental exercise for traps, but if you're not big on weights (like me), pull ups and other random calisthenics will work them. I've felt a slight soreness in them from my most recent routine, which involves no weights....I think it may have been the punch out drills

size=8-12 reps
Nwil is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing