Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #16
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jones vs. Silva

Silva although not a beetle from his back with great BJJ is very easy to take to the mat. Thats exactly what Jones would do. He has all the physical advantages over Silva who would be disadvantaged at the higher weight. Realistically i don't see anyone beating Jones at 205 for a long long time.
He hasn't been chin checked yet so we don't know what he's like when hurt or taken away from his game plan. That said the manner of Jone's victory's have been pure and utter domination.
The only guy i see giving Jones potentially some trouble is Rampage. And that's only because Rampage has fight changing power. The key to beating Jone's is keeping him on his feet and stuffing every one of his take downs. Prime Rampage would have zero problem with that.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #17
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Belfort View Post
Silva is pretty big himself. He could fight @ 205 and he has before. I would love to see this fight more than a silva-gsp fight.

silva is 6-2 jones is 6-4 height difference is not too big. Silva is a great striker just like jones. I would love to see this fight.
i would love to see this fight also. however i see jones outstriking silva and beating him on the ground.
latineg is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #18
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Silva although not a beetle from his back with great BJJ is very easy to take to the mat. Thats exactly what Jones would do. He has all the physical advantages over Silva who would be disadvantaged at the higher weight. Realistically i don't see anyone beating Jones at 205 for a long long time.
He hasn't been chin checked yet so we don't know what he's like when hurt or taken away from his game plan. That said the manner of Jone's victory's have been pure and utter domination.
The only guy i see giving Jones potentially some trouble is Rampage. And that's only because Rampage has fight changing power. The key to beating Jone's is keeping him on his feet and stuffing every one of his take downs. Prime Rampage would have zero problem with that.
i think you got a little carried away when you stated "ZERO-PROBLEM"

you almost had a good post as your other points were bang on, until you flew out of control again at the end. Try deep breathing through your entire post.
latineg is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #19
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
Scurla Rampage would rather retire than face Bones. And had he seen this kid before he started MMA, he would have chose to be an actor instead. And yeah he would get ragdolled like pretty much everyone else.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 10:24 AM   #20
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
Scurla Rampage would rather retire than face Bones. And had he seen this kid before he started MMA, he would have chose to be an actor instead. And yeah he would get ragdolled like pretty much everyone else.
I don't agree. Rampage was one of the if not THE strongest guys ever to compete at 205. Rampage also has VERY heavy hands. Granted he is in the twilight of his career and doesn't fight that often any more. But stylistically he does represent a challenge in my opinion because of his heavy hands.
There's no way Jones will be able to toss Rampage around as kilo for kilo Rampage will match him and more than likely be stronger than him. Although the Octagon doesn't afford him the slams he used to pull off in PRIDE nor does he waste time expending energy looking for crow pleasing slams any more.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #21
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
I don't agree. Rampage was one of the if not THE strongest guys ever to compete at 205. Rampage also has VERY heavy hands. Granted he is in the twilight of his career and doesn't fight that often any more. But stylistically he does represent a challenge in my opinion because of his heavy hands.
There's no way Jones will be able to toss Rampage around as kilo for kilo Rampage will match him and more than likely be stronger than him. Although the Octagon doesn't afford him the slams he used to pull off in PRIDE nor does he waste time expending energy looking for crow pleasing slams any more.

Look Rampages base is freakishly strong, seriously has he ever been down or taken down? I just think that Jones leverage is out of worldly, he traps your arms while standing and he just takes your weak line and slams you. The Bader fight surprised me coz even if Bader was a meathead, the man is built like a truck and strong as fck and Jones threw him like paper.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #22
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Look Rampages base is freakishly strong, seriously has he ever been down or taken down? I just think that Jones leverage is out of worldly, he traps your arms while standing and he just takes your weak line and slams you. The Bader fight surprised me coz even if Bader was a meathead, the man is built like a truck and strong as fck and Jones threw him like paper.
Bader doesn't have a fraction of the quality that Rampage has. Whilst im not saying Jones can't get Rampage to that mat ( which these days is relatively easy ) what i am saying is his path there will be more difficult. As all it takes is a well timed clip or punch and Jones is chin checked and your fights just changed.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #23
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

Quote:
You know I was thinking about this last night and actually thought of Rampage for the reasons of Rampage having a pretty good chin (although he is more prone to being hurt these days) and his power in either hand. Then reality sets in and I think of how bad he's performed as of recent, especially when he needs to. However, with that said, he probably has the best chance of stopping the fight with one punch if Jones is at all fragile in the chin dept. But he would need to get there in order to test his chin and that is where the problem lies. Rampage still had trouble and could not put away guys like Forrest, Jardine, or Evans-- which doesn't convince me he would be too successful at getting to Jones, especially due to Jones' freak size and awkwardness.

Here is the issue. What if in a worst case scenario, Jones is in fact china chinned. But even at that what if he is simply too good and to big, and uses his range to well to allow anyone to land cleanly? Its very well possible he can go a few fights without getting tagged due to how he uses his range and how athletic the guy is. We saw how the Jones of boxing was in fact fragile after all but avoided damage for a long time due to how much better he was than the competition, I wonder if the Jones of MMA will do same, or what if he is in fact somewhat durable but still that hard to hit.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #24
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Jones will destroy Silva just as easy as he did Rua. Maybe easier.

He will take him down and pound him out.

Wait, I feel like Ive said this before.

Nevermind
And there will be no triangle to save Anderson this time!
Boinko is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #25
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

actually rewatching the fight shogun had some opportunities to cap on some of Jones' mistakes but went for broke and made some mistakes himself by going for the subs which lead to him being on his back to take more punishment. despite size and strength disadvantage silva has a better shot than i thought, specifically if he could keep the fight standing. jones has good knees and elbows but sloppy hands standing Silva would pick him apart. shogun was too tired or hurt from the first grappling incident to take advantage. key thing for silva in this fight would be to avoid being taken down and end it early. easier said than done but not impossible.
bachatu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum