Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346
Default I don't see any lightheavyweight beating Jones

I think he'll beat everybody in the division. One thing I don't like about him is he gets a little ametuerish with his "creative" shots and I feel he can get KOed trying that against a good striker, but I guess it works every now and then.
But like I was saying, I think he'll be keeping that belt for a while unless Silva comes back up in weight and that'll be interesting seeing Silva fight a guy with a longer reach than him
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685
Default Re: I don't see any lightheavyweight beating Jones

can't wait to see if he will pass his first chin test.

I don't see anyone 205 down beating him.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 01:07 AM   #3
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Yeah I got a bad feeling about his chin. That's why i don't like him doing all those video game and movie punches
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 01:19 AM   #4
kokoko
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

The person with the best chance is probably Machida. Would still favor jones, though.
kokoko is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 01:43 AM   #5
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

When he came out with his jumping knees I really didn't hold out much hope for him. I thought if he tried that shit with Rua he'd pay the price but he just didn't. He was too much for him and showed how creative he is with his striking, and successful. I think he got hit clean with a combo once and was soon dominating Rua again. Scary dude. I'd give anything to see him face Silva. However, I'm interested in the Rashad fight. Matching them up, Rashad offers nothing Shogun could deal with but Bones is clearly pissed off with him for taking the fight, as are the fans, so it's going to be very interesting to see how he handles business.

Superb fight, very happy for JJ.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 01:47 AM   #6
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

I like Machida and Couture's chances of beating Jones. Machida fights at long range better than anyone and Jones always tries to snipe people from long range. Couture is the only guy with strong enough Greco-Roman wrestling to be able to keep Jones from throwing him around like a ragdoll.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 01:51 AM   #7
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
I like Machida and Couture's chances of beating Jones. Machida fights at long range better than anyone and Jones always tries to snipe people from long range. Couture is the only guy with strong enough Greco-Roman wrestling to be able to keep Jones from throwing him around like a ragdoll.

C'mon dude. Couture was having trouble imposing his will on Vera. You really think that he's got anything for Jones at this point? Maybe a few years ago.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 01:52 AM   #8
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I think he'll beat everybody in the division. One thing I don't like about him is he gets a little ametuerish with his "creative" shots and I feel he can get KOed trying that against a good striker, but I guess it works every now and then.
But like I was saying, I think he'll be keeping that belt for a while unless Silva comes back up in weight and that'll be interesting seeing Silva fight a guy with a longer reach than him
Honestly I don't either. He seems to be completely untouchable. The way be beat Rua shows me he would also probably beat everybody else in that weight division. And what is funny is Jon Jones standup isn't even fully developed yet.

Once he starts throwing combos better and setting up his punches, he is going to be unstoppable. I'd love to see him fight Anderson Silva or Brock Lesnar and I think he has a legit shock at beating either one of them either in stand up or on the ground.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 01:56 AM   #9
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

That was an absolutely dominant performance. It was amazing. Jones beat him everywhere, including the stand up, where most people wrote him off completely. He is still so young, too, and has so much to learn. On top of than, he has an aura now. He will be an intimidating figure to the next person to face him. The sky is the limit for Jones. It is seriously insane that he has only been training MMA full time for three years.

I truly didn't expect it to be that easy for him.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 02:35 AM   #10
Aeolus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Dont want to take anything away from Jones,but I am holding any judgement until he proves himself further,for how long the LHW belt shifted hands until now?
Probably from 2007/2008 until now,everytime its was this story that so so was unbeatable.......
Aeolus is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 02:43 AM   #11
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolus View Post
Dont want to take anything away from Jones,but I am holding any judgement until he proves himself further,for how long the LHW belt shifted hands until now?
Probably from 2007/2008 until now,everytime its was this story that so so was unbeatable.......
The thing is, nobodies run has been as ridiculously dominant as Jones'. Literally nobody has managed to mount any offense on him, and that includes the person that many consider to be the greatest LHW of all time.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:48 AM   #12
James23
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolus View Post
Dont want to take anything away from Jones,but I am holding any judgement until he proves himself further,
Yeah, totally. He hasn't done anything.

You win an Olympic Gold Medal, psh, win another one then maybe we'll consider you meh.
James23 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 02:52 AM   #13
Aeolus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
Yeah, totally. He hasn't done anything.

You win an Olympic Gold Medal, psh, win another one then maybe we'll consider you meh.
well I didnt say he didnt win anything,he has the ufc belt,I just dont want to get the get over my head,I will wait until he proves he is unbeatable to say he is,remember Machida,Rashad,all were without losses,I am not taking anything away from him,he was amazing untill now.
Aeolus is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 02:55 AM   #14
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Nobody ever thought Rashad was unbeatable.

I actually think that Machida is a harder match for Jones than Shogun was.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:55 AM   #15
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

Man... Jon Jones, the hype was real. Just beasted one of the ATG's. I don't see anyone beating him at this weight either. Too big, too strong, too rangy, too fast.
VIP is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum