Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-20-2011, 04:16 AM   #31
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I don't see any lightheavyweight beating Jones

Same thing was being said about machida after he destroyed evans then shogun came along and beat him. Someone will come and beat jones. Jones has look good lately but there's a lot of challenger out there @ 205. I still like machida's chance against him.

Rampage-Evans are also good challenger for him. We might be watching the title change hands again in the near future.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2011, 04:18 AM   #32
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Belfort View Post
Same thing was being said about machida after he destroyed evans then shogun came along and beat him. Someone will come and beat jones. Jones has look good lately but there's a lot of challenger out there @ 205. I still like machida's chance against him.

Rampage-Evans are also good challenger for him. We might be watching the title change hands again in the near future.
Fans do the whole joy boy crap in cycles. Its just one giant circle jerk. The difference with Jones is his size length and wrestling base. Jones is a stylistically nightmare for almost every light heavy in the UFC simply because of his size. As long as he can continue to make 205 he WILL have a dominant run.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 04:18 AM   #33
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

vCash: 3111

jon bones jones....he's a beast
timmyjames is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 05:37 AM   #34
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Fans do the whole joy boy crap in cycles. Its just one giant circle jerk. The difference with Jones is his size length and wrestling base. Jones is a stylistically nightmare for almost every light heavy in the UFC simply because of his size. As long as he can continue to make 205 he WILL have a dominant run.
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 05:39 AM   #35
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:

you seem to be very anti-jones! Have fun eating your steady diet of crow for years to come because I dont see no one beating him for a while! Did you see how big that mother ****er was tonight? He looked like he weighed 230! LMAO
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 06:01 AM   #36
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
The thing is, nobodies run has been as ridiculously dominant as Jones'. Literally nobody has managed to mount any offense on him, and that includes the person that many consider to be the greatest LHW of all time.

I know everyone get excited, its like a new laptop, or car faster than before....all shiny BUT Jones still needs to face a variety of fighters with different mental strengths and styles.

Look at Brock Lesnar....everyone jumped on the bandwagon, but i remember saying the same thing, yes he did well versus Mir and Couture but lets see him with other styles etc.....greatness comes from facing all types of opponents.
Black2023 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 06:18 AM   #37
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
The thing is, nobodies run has been as ridiculously dominant as Jones'. Literally nobody has managed to mount any offense on him, and that includes the person that many consider to be the greatest LHW of all time.
Fedor? Nog? Anderson Silva? Matt Huges?
And no Rua is NOT the greatest of all time. I don't know anyone who has ever said that. He never even held the Middleweight title in PRIDE so why would he be the GOAT when Wandy held the title for 6 years?
Greatest light heavys is a toss up between Liddell and Wand.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #38
will4009
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

its going to be hard. i would have loved to see a prime chuck test him. imo this would have been great as it would be interesting to see him against a top striker, who will create angles with a good take down defense. but thats obviously not going to happen now.
will4009 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 06:35 AM   #39
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by will4009 View Post
its going to be hard. i would have loved to see a prime chuck test him. imo this would have been great as it would be interesting to see him against a top striker, who will create angles with a good take down defense. but thats obviously not going to happen now.
Chuck was never good with aggressive guys that can strike. Look at the problems he had with Overeem in the GP prior to the TKO. And then look at what Rampage did to him. He OWNED him on the mat and brutalised his body with some vicious elbows. In my opinion Jones would have little trouble dealing with Chuck.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:12 AM   #40
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

GSP, A. Silva, and Jones don't have competition in their respective division. Unless they somehow fight each other, it's going to be a complete snoozefest whenever any of those guys have a match. I think Dana has to strong-arm Silva into choosing his poison: either GSP or Jones.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #41
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Someone will come and beat Jones? Well no fooling thats a easy statement to make as it has no freakin time limit.

The same thing was said about machida but not to the degree its being said about Jones. Not even CLOSE. I do agree that machida would be one that at least had a decent chance of beating Jones, however when i say decent i dont mean i would bet on Machida
latineg is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #42
Big T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

When Machida was the champ they said the samething about him. Who can beat him? The Next Gen fighter..... Same old.... I like to watch Jon Bones fight..but like they say..there is always someone that can beat him..and we still don't know how he can handel deep waters.... But right now he is that good that he isn't getting tested.
Big T is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #43
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolus View Post
my point is that I am not ready to say he is unbeatable,I want to wait to see what happens,you guys are the ones who jumped on me.
i think why you got jumped on is because you CHANGED the POINT from, "i dont see any LH beating Jones" to, "I am not ready to say he is "UNBEATABLE" and i bet you didnt even REALIZE it. Theres a HUGE difference between the TWO STATEMENTs and someone already tried to point this out to you.

Did the THREAD starter say Jones will hold his LH belt until he retires undefeated because he is UNBEATABLE ?

NOPE he did not. That is the POINT you choose to ARGUE and thats why you got JUMPED on. Read the THREAD TITLE, you created a MISPERCEPTION in YOUR mind and then went about DEBATING others on your MISPERCEPTION.

"i dont see any LH beating jones" implies only one thing. The thread starter doesnt see anyone CURRENTLY that he feels is capable of beating Jones.

What is so hard about that ?

You feel different then debate him on who you see beating Jones.
latineg is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #44
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
So, basically, you want him to remain undefeated (Yes, undefeated) until the end of his career and then once he retires, and only then, will you be comfortable saying, "Okay, he's good."

Get a clue.
i felt your frustration debating this fella
latineg is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #45
Aeolus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by latineg View Post
i felt your frustration debating this fella
What frustration,I will hold any statement that he will beat everybody in the division until he does,why cant I?
Aeolus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum