Old 03-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #46
Aeolus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: I don't see any lightheavyweight beating Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by latineg View Post
i think why you got jumped on is because you CHANGED the POINT from, "i dont see any LH beating Jones" to, "I am not ready to say he is "UNBEATABLE" and i bet you didnt even REALIZE it. Theres a HUGE difference between the TWO STATEMENTs and someone already tried to point this out to you.

Did the THREAD starter say Jones will hold his LH belt until he retires undefeated because he is UNBEATABLE ?

NOPE he did not. That is the POINT you choose to ARGUE and thats why you got JUMPED on. Read the THREAD TITLE, you created a MISPERCEPTION in YOUR mind and then went about DEBATING others on your MISPERCEPTION.

"i dont see any LH beating jones" implies only one thing. The thread starter doesnt see anyone CURRENTLY that he feels is capable of beating Jones.

What is so hard about that ?

You feel different then debate him on who you see beating Jones.
I didnt chose to argue anything,I only stated my opinion that I am not ready to put Jones above all the division until he proves,as I got over my head before,only to be proven wrong.
Aeolus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #47
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolus View Post
I didnt chose to argue anything,I only stated my opinion that I am not ready to put Jones above all the division until he proves,as I got over my head before,only to be proven wrong.
oh so this is simply about how you got over your head before and got proven wrong and you dont ever want to deal with that again ?

Well thats different then, fair point, my apologies

by the way i dont think Jones is UNBEATABLE, i dont even know if he could clear out the CURRENT crop of 205's,,,i just dont see any of them that i would currently bet on to beat him. How bout you ?
latineg is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #48
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Only Silva could beat him.

It's time for Silva vs GSP and Jones to be made.

Jones vs Overeem at heavy would be good too.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #49
Ubersteve
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 888

It'll take someone insanely strong to beat him. I'd still heavily back Jones but I think Phil Davis has the best tools for the job.
Ubersteve is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #50
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubersteve View Post
It'll take someone insanely strong to beat him. I'd still heavily back Jones but I think Phil Davis has the best tools for the job.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #51
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
you seem to be very anti-jones! Have fun eating your steady diet of crow for years to come because I dont see no one beating him for a while! Did you see how big that mother ****er was tonight? He looked like he weighed 230! LMAO
No not anti jones, dude is very talented and very humble at the same time. Can't really dislike someone like that but nobody has defended the title more than once since chuck liddell was the champion.

The 205 lbs talent is too deep that is why it's hard to keep that title around your waist for a while. Since liddell championship era ended here's how the past champions has done.

Rampage jackson- 1 title defense
Forrest Griffin- lost 1st defense
Rashad Evans- Lost 1st defense
Lyoto Machida- 1 title defense (controversial)
Mauricio Rua- lost 1st defense

See the pattern? The hype is high right now on jones just like it was when machida won and when shogun won. Many people thought they'll be keeping the title for a while then BOOOOOM IT'S GONE

like i said machida-rampage-evans etc shogun don't come him out yet. That title might be changing hands for a while. HISTORY IS NOT ON JON JONES SIDE. Not hating just stating FACTS
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #52
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I dont see anyone beating Jones based on his performances but in all the hype even Jones can be exposed. Tyson-Douglas
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #53
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Fedor? Nog? Anderson Silva? Matt Huges?
And no Rua is NOT the greatest of all time. I don't know anyone who has ever said that. He never even held the Middleweight title in PRIDE so why would he be the GOAT when Wandy held the title for 6 years?
Greatest light heavys is a toss up between Liddell and Wand.

Some people do think Rua was the best lhw of all time (exp moreorless), though I agree with you its between wand and Liddell.

I do think liddell in his prime would have a shot against Bones liddell had fantastic power a good chin and very good recovery skills, not to mention was very, very difficult to take down.

On MMA live jones said that "Shogun will have a hard time fighting someone who is coming forward" It makes you wonder what kind of style will jones have a hard time with?

GSP seems to always have the advantage even when he's supposed to struggle he easily comes out on top, thats what jones reminds me of a younger GSP who went for the finish.

I do really like jones though I think he is sloppy at times, he has impressed me and the rest of the MMA world last night with a shocking easy victory.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #54
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
And no Rua is NOT the greatest of all time. I don't know anyone who has ever said that. He never even held the Middleweight title in PRIDE so why would he be the GOAT when Wandy held the title for 6 years?
Wanderlei was a beast in pride but the reason shogun never held the title is because him and wanderlei are training partner. They never wanted to fight each other. If they had i would have given shogun a good chance of taking that title away.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #55
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
I dont see anyone from 205 and below beating this kid... Jones is a great fighter, I called this one.. I said jones would beat up shogun! Jones is amazing, hes also huge for 205.. is he really 6"4? he looks more like 6'5 or 6'6... his reach is crazy and hes so strong and quick.. If rashad is smart he will not fight jones.. he should just save face and say he wont fight his "friend"... He would get his ass handed to him.. shogun couldnt even reach jones face, will rashad be able to do anything? I doubt it.
I agree with you about that. Rashard needs to duck the shit out of him and I wouldn't blame him at all
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #56
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I think he'll beat everybody in the division. One thing I don't like about him is he gets a little ametuerish with his "creative" shots and I feel he can get KOed trying that against a good striker, but I guess it works every now and then.
But like I was saying, I think he'll be keeping that belt for a while unless Silva comes back up in weight and that'll be interesting seeing Silva fight a guy with a longer reach than him
Bear in mind what people were saying about the Machida era, before Rua got to him.

Jones looks invincible... but his chin will be tested at some point.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #57
Mike W
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Rashad Evans is the best Lightheavyweight fighter. He could even win the UFC Heavyweight Title easily.

Besides Rashad Evans, Jon Jones is the best.
Mike W is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #58
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2023 View Post
I know everyone get excited, its like a new laptop, or car faster than before....all shiny BUT Jones still needs to face a variety of fighters with different mental strengths and styles.

Look at Brock Lesnar....everyone jumped on the bandwagon, but i remember saying the same thing, yes he did well versus Mir and Couture but lets see him with other styles etc.....greatness comes from facing all types of opponents.
Brock Lesnar had some trouble with Couture, and lost to Mir once. He only has two dominant wins that I can think of.

Quote:
I was only talking about recent light heavyweights, which was the argument.

And lots of people thought that Shogun was the LHW GOAT. And if not, certainly top 3.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #59
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
Rashad Evans is the best Lightheavyweight fighter. He could even win the UFC Heavyweight Title easily.

Besides Rashad Evans, Jon Jones is the best.
The same rashad that got knocked the **** out by machida!!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #60
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Bear in mind what people were saying about the Machida era, before Rua got to him.

Jones looks invincible... but his chin will be tested at some point.
No one could reach his chin... when they try they taste one of those flying elbows!
slugger3000 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum