Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #16
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who wants to see Jones vs Anderson Silva ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leejunfan777 View Post
i really think this fight would be epic right now

makes much more sense than GSP vs Silva
Come on. If Anderson couldn't compete with Sonnen's grappling, how the hell is he going to deal with Jones?!
Popkins is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #17
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Come on. If Anderson couldn't compete with Sonnen's grappling, how the hell is he going to deal with Jones?!
Silva won that fight last time i check. Silva match up with jones better cuz of his height and style. A striker with long reach, he could give jones a tough match up. I won't be surprise if silva who is UNDEFEATED in the ufc beat jones.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #18
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Silva is the only fighter I would confidently pick against Jones at this stage - but I'd much rather see Jon Jones defend his belt against Machida, Rampage and Couture first. LHW is a stacked division and Jones needs to make some defenses before he can enter any superfight discussions.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #19
OCAVE
Journeyman

It better happen soon if Anderson is going to beat Jones because hes not even 24 yet and is getting better with each fight compared to Silva who will be 36 in April...At this point I would still favor Jones to win though based on what I have seen..Jon Jones height and reach plus freakish athletic ability is scary
OCAVE is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #20
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

I don't see Silva/GSP happening if Anderson Silva fights Bones Jones first.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #21
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

IMO , Silva - GSP & Jones - Silva rank shoulder to shoulder as genuine super fights , in the eyes of the public i think Silva GSP is much much bigger
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #22
leejunfan777
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

i really think silva could surprise jones
leejunfan777 is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 03:56 AM   #23
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

As someone mentioned earlier, I really think Jones should defend his title a few times before he's thrown into a superfight with Silva because if the fight is made now and Anderson wins then people are gonna say Jones was inexperienced and had fought a rusty version of Shogun. Basically I want two ATG fighters at the top of their game fighting each other. I can see Anderson rematching and beating both Okami and Sonnen and then taking on Jones as his final match before retiring.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 04:34 AM   #24
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
As someone mentioned earlier, I really think Jones should defend his title a few times before he's thrown into a superfight with Silva because if the fight is made now and Anderson wins then people are gonna say Jones was inexperienced and had fought a rusty version of Shogun. Basically I want two ATG fighters at the top of their game fighting each other. I can see Anderson rematching and beating both Okami and Sonnen and then taking on Jones as his final match before retiring.
Thing is, if you want Anderson superfights, they will have to happen relatively soon. He is already 35, and has talked about retirement in the past. I don't see him retiring any time soon, since he still has a great chin, speed advantage over pretty much everyone, and excellent reflexes, but he might be the kind of guy that retires before he loses any of that.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 05:57 AM   #25
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Thing is, if you want Anderson superfights, they will have to happen relatively soon. He is already 35, and has talked about retirement in the past. I don't see him retiring any time soon, since he still has a great chin, speed advantage over pretty much everyone, and excellent reflexes, but he might be the kind of guy that retires before he loses any of that.
Although Jones is a monster he's still not as accomplished as GSP. So if a superfight were to be made now, Silva should pick GSP. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Silva fight Jones. But I'd like to see the kid get maybe two more wins under his belt before they throw him in the pit with Silva. There is a risk though. We really can't assume either Silva or Jones will win in their next two fights. I'm not worried about Silva moving past his prime after just a couple of fights. In any case, I guess I can't complain if Dana sets up Silva with either GSP or Jones in the near future. I just hope Silva gets full credit if he wins which is definitely not a safe bet.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 06:04 AM   #26
darkman

jones would be silvas nightmare vicious stand up to equal his own and wredtling that he would have no chance of avoiding, plus much more damaging on the ground than sonnen ever was
darkman is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #27
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

jones is too strong
elmaldito is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #28
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by leejunfan777 View Post
i really think silva could surprise jones
Ill be surprised at how long Silva lasts, but to be fair he lasted long enough to put a triangle on Sonnen.

But just because Silvas a great fighter and one of the truly atgs, he may not last as long as Shogun did but he'll have some moments.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #29
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Belfort View Post
Silva won that fight last time i check. Silva match up with jones better cuz of his height and style. A striker with long reach, he could give jones a tough match up. I won't be surprise if silva who is UNDEFEATED in the ufc beat jones.
I prefer Silva to Jones as a fighter, but Jones's wrestling makes this fight a non-event. Takedown, vicious GnP, over. Jones is all wrong for the Spider. All wrong.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #30
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

I cant wait to see this fight. Cannot wait! When Jones becomes the posterboy of MMA this will be huge.

For the first time, we have someone standing across Silva who will not be intimidated and actually surpasses him in size, athleticsm and match his skill level.

Not that Anderson has much more to prove but if he pulls this out, he is the greatest of all time w/o a doubt.
chimba is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum