boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Who beats Joe at 175??
Bernard Hopkins 18 23.68%
Clinton Woods 0 0%
Glen Johnson 0 0%
Chad Dawson 37 48.68%
Roy Jones Jr 13 17.11%
Antonio Tarver 0 0%
Adrian Diaconu 4 5.26%
All of the above, Joe is too small to have an effect on these larger more powerful fighters. 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 04:39 PM   #46
Popshots
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 729
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

who beats Calzaghe at 175. NOBODY. There is no need in talking about prime RJJ because he's not prime anymore. At this point, Calzaghe might be pretty safe to retire undefeated.
Popshots is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2007, 04:44 PM   #47
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Rotten Apple!
Posts: 6,128
vCash: 818
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

Dawson.
Ring Master is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:02 PM   #48
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

The only one of the group who would have a serious chance is Dawson.

That should be Joe's next encounter.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:02 PM   #49
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,230
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike464
You're a bit of a **** aren't you? I actually think Mayweather will win but you're telling people I'm picking Hatton.
You think he has a good chance, will make it a tough fight and you overrate Hatton and slash on a superior Briton in Calzaghe. You're delusional to think old Jones and old Hopkins can win and you're posts consist of nothing but anti-Calzaghe and pro-Hatton.

The reality is the Hatton train ends when he loses every round and gets stopped, showing that he's not anywhere near a true elite.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #50
Symphenyceo
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bed-Stuy Brooklyn,NY
Posts: 5,619
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

Hopkins
Symphenyceo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #51
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 623
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld
Hopkins, Dawson, and quite possibly, Tarver and Jones

I agree with you.
DOnt care, I know a lot of you wont agree, but I think these 4 can actually beat him IMO
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #52
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,926
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
The reality is the Hatton train ends when he loses every round and gets stopped, showing that he's not anywhere near a true elite.
Well of course it does. Getting stopped by Mayweather at welterweight isn't something that should happen to elite boxers. But IF he wins, and of course he probably won't, he will have to be placed above Calzaghe. That much should be obvious. It would be the equivalent of Calzaghe moving up to LHW and beating a prime Roy Jones, only Hatton has already beaten the man at his own weight.
mike464 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:53 PM   #53
Quik
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,924
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

Diaconu has the more chance because of the puncher's chance, which gives him about 5% chance.
Quik is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:29 PM   #54
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 36,591
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik
Diaconu has the more chance because of the puncher's chance, which gives him about 5% chance.
I disagree. Diaconu would be absolutely outclassed by someone as good as Calzaghe.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #55
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: I don't always sleep with my eyes open, but when I do it's because of Maravilla.
Posts: 6,021
vCash: 800
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
I disagree. Diaconu would be absolutely outclassed by someone as good as Calzaghe.
This has to be the funniest **** I've ever heard and I like Joe alot I just don't wash his *****. Diaconu is a big version of Kostya Tszyu, timing and distance, power, ring intelligence, great defense and lastly speed. He would be a nightmare for Joe or anyone for that matter. The non-believers will be shocked and I'll just say I told you so Cheers
RealIzm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:36 PM   #56
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: I don't always sleep with my eyes open, but when I do it's because of Maravilla.
Posts: 6,021
vCash: 800
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

Why no one for Glen Johnson?
RealIzm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:38 PM   #57
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,522
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

Dawson beats him EASY
markbrooklyn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:43 PM   #58
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,469
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

Dawson and fairly easy. Calzaghe would meet a fellow southpaw that would whoop his ass.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:46 PM   #59
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: I don't always sleep with my eyes open, but when I do it's because of Maravilla.
Posts: 6,021
vCash: 800
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrooklyn
Dawson beats him EASY
All in good time mate. Dawson wont be recognized by his family after Diaconu mangles his face to bits. It's quite laughable how many people are nutdraggin this boring Chad Dawson. I just watched the fight with Adamek. It was two fighters scared of each other and fighting as such= BORING. Dawsons a good boxer however not skilled enough to keep Diaconu from spilling his blood all over the place. It's like saying Tyson won't beat Spinks before the fight You Dawson huggers are in for a big surprise
RealIzm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #60
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,469
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who beats Calzaghe at 175?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIzm
All in good time mate. Dawson wont be recognized by his family after Diaconu mangles his face to bits. It's quite laughable how many people are nutdraggin this boring Chad Dawson. I just watched the fight with Adamek. It was two fighters scared of each other and fighting as such= BORING. Dawsons a good boxer however not skilled enough to keep Diaconu from spilling his blood all over the place. It's like saying Tyson won't beat Spinks before the fight You Dawson huggers are in for a big surprise
Hey clown, we all seen Diaconu fight. And you canadiens lied. He is not that good at all. The other guy that fights at 154 is 100 times better then him. Diaconu is going to get his ass whooped.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015