Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default No one has defended their UFC 205 title more than once since Liddell

Will Jones be the first man to change that? The 205 title has been changing hands ALOT despite every champ being a top fighter but without enough to establish a strong reign.

Also, don't sleep on new stars coming after Jones as he ain't the only one. Phil Davis could be one to watch and he wouldn't be scared to wrestle. He has been fighting less than 3 years, is undefeated and beating Lil Nog throws him right into the mix. One more top win and after 3 years of fighting and a 10-0 record, he'll be next in line for the title!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Re: No one has defended their UFC 205 title more than once since Liddell

I'm also big on Phil Davis.. He has potential, but somewhat raw.

Don't see anyone taking his belt from him, Hendo or Anderson Silva would tell us a lot.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: No one has defended their UFC 205 title more than once since Liddell

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I mention this on the i don't see any lightheavyweight beating jon jones thread. It will be very hard for jones to keep that title for a while considering all the talents @ 205.

The 205 lbs talent is too deep that is why it's hard to keep that title around your waist for a while. Since liddell championship era ended here's how the past champions has done.

Rampage jackson- 1 title defense
Forrest Griffin- lost 1st defense
Rashad Evans- Lost 1st defense
Lyoto Machida- 1 title defense (controversial)
Mauricio Rua- lost 1st defense

See the pattern? The hype is high right now on jones just like it was when machida won and when shogun won. Many people thought they'll be keeping the title for a while then BOOOOOM IT'S GONE

like i said machida-rampage-evans etc shogun don't come him out yet. That title might be changing hands for a while. HISTORY IS NOT ON JON JONES SIDE. Not hating just stating FACTS
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Nobody is beating Jones.

He's going to dominate like GSP and Silva at 170 and 185 for as long as he wants to.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnutz View Post
Nobody is beating Jones.

He's going to dominate like GSP and Silva at 170 and 185 for as long as he wants to.
205 lbs is too loaded. No one has defended it more than once since iceman. Jones would probably beat rashad but if machida gets a shot next. I could see him beating jones.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Belfort View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I mention this on the i don't see any lightheavyweight beating jon jones thread. It will be very hard for jones to keep that title for a while considering all the talents @ 205.

The 205 lbs talent is too deep that is why it's hard to keep that title around your waist for a while. Since liddell championship era ended here's how the past champions has done.

Rampage jackson- 1 title defense
Forrest Griffin- lost 1st defense
Rashad Evans- Lost 1st defense
Lyoto Machida- 1 title defense (controversial)
Mauricio Rua- lost 1st defense

See the pattern? The hype is high right now on jones just like it was when machida won and when shogun won. Many people thought they'll be keeping the title for a while then BOOOOOM IT'S GONE

like i said machida-rampage-evans etc shogun don't come him out yet. That title might be changing hands for a while. HISTORY IS NOT ON JON JONES SIDE. Not hating just stating FACTS
Ok, sooo, you think that the belt/title determines the outcome of fights rather than the fighter that holds the belt? Is that what you are saying?
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #7
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Well, his first defence is an easy 1st round KO over the glass-jawed Evans, so he is halfway there already.

Whoever is more impressive in their next fights between Machida (vs Randy) and Phil Davis (vs L'il Nog) should get the next shot. Either one would be a much tougher test than the glass-jawed Evans.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #8
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
The hype is high right now on jones just like it was when machida won and when shogun won. Many people thought they'll be keeping the title for a while then BOOOOOM IT'S GONE
Jones is different man.

This guy is something else.

I was never sold on Machida and obviously knew that Shogun was beatable.

Jones is ridiculous.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnutz View Post
Jones is different man.

This guy is something else.

I was never sold on Machida and obviously knew that Shogun was beatable.

Jones is ridiculous.
I still am sold on Machida. I think he's fantastic. I doubt he'd have the size/strength to beat Jones, but I think he'd give Bones something different to deal with, something tricky.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
205 lbs is too loaded. No one has defended it more than once since iceman. Jones would probably beat rashad but if machida gets a shot next. I could see him beating jones.
Jones is the GSP and Silva of the 205 division. He's going to beat them all and make them look like shit doing it.

He's going to kill any interest in the 205lb division.

People are going to get bored watch Jones beat up dudes like they are bored of watching GSP and Silva beat up dudes at 170 and 185.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #11
Funfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

I think Brock Lesnar & Anderson Silva would beat Jon Jones... he’s probably the 3rd best on the planet at any weight.

Even Kimbo after more experience.

Fedor is a bit underrated after his loss too.
Funfan is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #12
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
I still am sold on Machida. I think he's fantastic. I doubt he'd have the size/strength to beat Jones, but I think he'd give Bones something different to deal with, something tricky.
Machida will be ultra negative against Jones.

If he tries to fight, he'll go to sleep.

This fight will happen after Machida KTFO Randy and Jones will still be holding his title at the end of it.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #13
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
Ok, sooo, you think that the belt/title determines the outcome of fights rather than the fighter that holds the belt? Is that what you are saying?
No i'm saying it will be hard for jones to keep the title for a long time since the talent @ 205 is so deep especially now that the strikeforce light heavyweights are also in the ufc.

Mousasi and henderson joining the likes of rua-machida-rampage-evans-davis etc. Jones won't be able to beat them all.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #14
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfan View Post
Brock Lesnar

Jones would easily beat Brock.

Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #15
Shogun Assassin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfan View Post
Even Kimbo after more experience.
You may have just cracked the Jon Jones puzzle.
Shogun Assassin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum