boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #16
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why exactly is Rashad Evans getting a title shot anyway? He doesn't deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
Rashad doesn't want this fight. Nothing he has done/said gives the impression that he wants this fight. Bet he's ****ed off that the UFC own SF now, I'm sure he would have gone over to have a crack at Hendo instead.
Because Rashad wants to be friends with everyone. **** him off to SF. I would soooo love to see Evans vs Hendo!! Can you imagine Hendo's huge right hand splitting his dome?!?!!?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #17
The Prodigy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Why exactly is Rashad Evans getting a title shot anyway? He doesn't deserve it.

Why exactly is Rashad Evans getting a title shot anyway?

Simple answer - Because eveyone would like to see this again:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]http://img200.imageshack.us/i/rashadko.jpg/
The Prodigy is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #18
zarman

vCash:

I just hope the Machida / Couture winner gets the next title shot, and Rua meets Rampage
Old 03-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #19
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarman View Post
I just hope the Machida / Couture winner gets the next title shot, and Rua meets Rampage
Rashad is getting the next shot, and Rampage is fighting Hamill. Rampage might get the next shot should he win because machida has 2 previous loses and I don't want to see couture fight Jones.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #20
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
Rashad doesn't want this fight. Nothing he has done/said gives the impression that he wants this fight. Bet he's ****ed off that the UFC own SF now, I'm sure he would have gone over to have a crack at Hendo instead.
I wish Rashad had gone after Hendo instead. I'd have paid any amount to see a stud like Hendo ice a turd like him. Right hand good ****ing night Suga.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #21
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Machida should get the first shot once he ices Randy, and the winner of Davis vs L'il Nog should be next in line (most likely Davis).
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #22
(PimpThaSystem)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Rashad is getting the next title shot because he beat Rampage in an eliminator before getting injured and opting out of a fight with Shogun. Pretty self explanatory. Who else should be getting a shot at the title exactly?
(PimpThaSystem) is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #23
Flyin Ryan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 899

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
By all accounts the UFC "rankings" mean as much as the WBC rankings.
There's no such thing as UFC "rankings" dumbass.

He's getting the shot because he was supposed to have the shot this past weekend vs. Shogun but got injured.

If you looked at most "rankings" of MMA guys done by independent MMA writers and sites, Rashad was 2 or 3 in the division.

Here's the Consensus MMA rankings (combination of MMA rankings from about a dozen sources/people) at light heavy on February 24th. If not Rashad who was in line to get a title shot, who then?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

1. Shogun (just lost the title)
2. Rashad (2 wins since losing the title to Machida, defeating Thiago Silva and Rampage)
3. Rampage (Rashad beat him last year)
4. Machida (coming off 2 losses in a row to Shogun and Rampage, fighting Couture next)
5. Jones (just beat Shogun for the title)
6. Griffin (he's probably your next best bet after Rashad, coming off a good win over Rich Franklin)
7. Bader (lost to Jones in January)
8. Thiago Silva (Rashad beat him last year)
9. Rogerio Nogueira
10. Feijao (Strikeforce champ that just lost to Dan Henderson after these rankings were put out)

Other than maybe Dan Henderson as Dana White's way of giving a big f*ck you to Henderson with a Strikeforce/UFC title unification, Rashad makes the most sense, and he definitely should get it before Forrest Griffin.
Flyin Ryan is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #24
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

The UFC needs to declare an official ratings of its contenders. Otherwise we are left to wonder the rationale behind many of their fights.

I have to assume Evans is getting the shot because he was promised one last year, and was forced to wait because the champion was injured. A personal injury forced Evans out of his next opportunity at the title, and I guess the UFC has kept him next in line.

I can't see anyone else with a better argument to be next. I think Machida has the better chance, but he is on a 2 fight losing streak and is slated to fight April 30. That means Machida is tied up for the next 6 weeks, and the result of that fight has yet to unfold.

Jackson is signed to fight Hamill. Jackson has at least as good a chance as Evans, but has only fought once since losing to Evans. The winner of that fight was supposed to get a title shot, and that winner has yet to do so.

Couture is in the same situation as Machida.

Evans has a recent win over Thiago Silva, and I think Silva may be out on a drug suspension.

Whose left, Griffin, Bader, Franklin, Nogueira, Davis, Gustafsson?

The StrikeForce guys are still in StrikeForce.

Evans is the logical choice for Jones' first defense.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #25
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

I agree. Rashad gets totally destroyed vs Machida and KTFO cold, fights Thiago and basically gets KOed in the 3rd round until Thiago starts waving his hands all over like some kind of re**** and Rashad wins a decision, same deal with Rampage he wins a decision after barely surviving a near KO in the 3rd round. Now over a year later he gets the title shot ? Jones fought 2x in 6 weeks id give him a few months off (scary thought right) and let Rashad maybe fight the winner over Rampage-Hamill, Davis-Nogueira, Couture-Machida.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #26
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think the UFC is going all WWE with this whole Jones V Rashad ex team mate saga. We don't need out of the ring drama/storylines we just want to see the top guys fight each other. Rashad is not the number one top guy in the division. But he was supposed to fight Rua so it is only fair I suppose.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #27
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
I agree. Rashad gets totally destroyed vs Machida and KTFO cold, fights Thiago and basically gets KOed in the 3rd round until Thiago starts waving his hands all over like some kind of re**** and Rashad wins a decision, same deal with Rampage he wins a decision after barely surviving a near KO in the 3rd round. Now over a year later he gets the title shot ? Jones fought 2x in 6 weeks id give him a few months off (scary thought right) and let Rashad maybe fight the winner over Rampage-Hamill, Davis-Nogueira, Couture-Machida.
ummm no, that would mean Jones would be out for half a year or more. Rashad was suppose to get his shot wether you like him or not. And almost getting ko'd by Thiago doesn't count or else we could say Carwin beat Lesnar.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #28
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

I think Dana should force Bisping to move to lt Heavyweight and fight Jones. I would absolutely love to see that fight
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #29
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Matchmaking in compart sports is an art not a science.

Storylines have always been allowed to play into choosing challengers. If we had the pure sport ranking approach some seem to suggesting here then we'd never have had the greatest heavyweight title fight of all time (Ali vs. Frazier III). I think the UFC handles its championship matchmaking pretty well all things told. With the exception of the BJ Penn and Chael Sonnen instant rematches (the latter one obviously ended up not happening) I can't think of a title match in recent years that I thought was wrong.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #30
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan View Post
There's no such thing as UFC "rankings" dumbass.

You try so hard its ****ing pitiful. Learn to read **** stick. I already stated that here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

FFS i even highlighted it in capitals!!!
That's the reason why in my following post i included the word ranking in QUOTES.
But you knew that already didn't you. ****ing cretin. I honestly don't know why you bother to post.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum