Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #46
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why exactly is Rashad Evans getting a title shot anyway? He doesn't deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Machida KTFO Evans and Silva though, then robbed by Rampage.

Machida is far more deserving than Evans IF he beats Couture (which he will).

And then the Davis-L'il Nog winner (I expect Davis) should be next in line.

When Rashad stops mummifying opponents to protect his china chin, then he can be considered a contender again.
The Ramage-Machida fight was a close call...to call it a robbery is ****ing stupid. Now what was a robbery was Machida's victory against Shogun. Plus Machida got DESTROYED by Shogun in the rematch. No way in hell does Machida earn a title match by beating Couture.

Whoever wins L'il Nog-Davis needs one more win at least before getting a title shot.

This is why I really dislike the Jackson-Hamill match because its not a big enough clash to propel Jackson into a title fight. Jackson-Griffin II would have been a much better fight.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #47
Wige247
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1014
Default Re: Why exactly is Rashad Evans getting a title shot anyway? He doesn't deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
I agree. Rashad gets totally destroyed vs Machida and KTFO cold, fights Thiago and basically gets KOed in the 3rd round until Thiago starts waving his hands all over like some kind of retard and Rashad wins a decision, same deal with Rampage he wins a decision after barely surviving a near KO in the 3rd round. Now over a year later he gets the title shot ? Jones fought 2x in 6 weeks id give him a few months off (scary thought right) and let Rashad maybe fight the winner over Rampage-Hamill, Davis-Nogueira, Couture-Machida.
So rather than let the #1 contender fight the champ in 3-4 months, make the champ sit out 8-9 months while the #1 contender waits 3-4 months to fight the winner of another match to earn the #1 contender position?
Wige247 is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #48
Ubersteve
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 888

Fighting style shouldn't have anything to do with it, Rashad gets the job done, in his last 4 fights he's gone 3-1 against Griffin, Machida, Alves and Rampage, hard to argue with.
Ubersteve is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #49
Mike W
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Rashad Evans earned his title shot. Trust me, Rashad is going to win back his UFC LHW Title.

Jones is a great fighter. I think he would keep his new UFC LHW title for along time if he was not fighting Rashad Evans. But Rashad Evans is the best. He is even good enough to win the UFC HW title from Cain Valasquez.
Mike W is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #50
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

rashad is a broing figther but he does what he is suppose to do.
his coach said if the crowd is booing then we are doing the right thing and that pretty much says it all.
tho rashad is a really strong dude for being in 205 remeber he use to fight at 220-260 (HW) but jones is also strong
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #51
FORMIDABLE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275

I'd rather see Rashard-Machida II, with the winner getting another shot. Machida was robbed against Rampage.
FORMIDABLE is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum