Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-27-2011, 03:01 AM   #1
artdawg
Grammar butcher beeaTCH
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Lesnar

Hey mma fans, I was just wondering what was your take on him getting his ass kicked?i thought he looked very cowardly running like he did after getting hit once, I can watch that fight all day and I never your of it, specially after being praise by white; he even bought on to it himself and got a bit racist with the eat a burrito and drink a corona shit.

Your thoughts?
artdawg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Re: Lesnar

I don't dislike the man or buy into the hype leading into ufc 121. He has poor striking and went into that fight with the wrong game plan. Not one bit surprised by the outcome.

Lesnar has a lot to learn, I hope he succeeds.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2011, 03:41 AM   #3
Dave_j1985
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

He got whooped but still gotta give the man his due respect, his gots some big names on his resume and is always in exiting fights. But if he hopes too go further in his career he needs to learn to take a punch otherwise JDS is gonna crush him.
Dave_j1985 is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2011, 03:47 AM   #4
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I was saying from day one that it'd be a fast and powerful striker that'd take him out.
Carwin exposed a major weakness in his game and Cain exploited it beautifully. I'd love to see Cigano do the exact same thing. I will not be picking Lesnar to win against any decent heavyweight until I see him doing some dedicated work on his stand up, including some hard sparring against experienced strikers.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2011, 05:12 AM   #5
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by artdawg View Post
Hey mma fans, I was just wondering what was your take on him getting his ass kicked?i thought he looked very cowardly running like he did after getting hit once, I can watch that fight all day and I never your of it, specially after being praise by white; he even bought on to it himself and got a bit racist with the eat a burrito and drink a corona shit.

Your thoughts?
My thoughts are that, despite admittedly excellent wins over Couture & Mir, Brock Lesnar has not adapted to MMA sufficiently well to be able to cut it long-term at the top level. He is a physical phenomenon and a very very powerful wrestler, those things are not in doubt, but the fact is that this guy has not developed any sort of stand-up game, he doesn't look like he is learning or improving at all in this regard, despite being in MMA for several years now. His stand-up is weak and amateurish, and he has no concept of defence or composure when under attack. Now that Carwin and Cain have exposed this, expect JDS and any other top heavy with good TD defence and good striking skills to do much the same thing. Even though Couture was much smaller and even though Mir was stylistically suited to Brock, I still have great admiration for what Brock achieved, but ultimately I don't think he is evolving at a rapid enough rate for him to compete with the best heavyweights of right now. I dread to think what a striker like Overeem would do to him. I'd genuinely fear for the guy's safety.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #6
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
My thoughts are that, despite admittedly excellent wins over Couture & Mir, Brock Lesnar has not adapted to MMA sufficiently well to be able to cut it long-term at the top level. He is a physical phenomenon and a very very powerful wrestler, those things are not in doubt, but the fact is that this guy has not developed any sort of stand-up game, he doesn't look like he is learning or improving at all in this regard, despite being in MMA for several years now. His stand-up is weak and amateurish, and he has no concept of defence or composure when under attack. Now that Carwin and Cain have exposed this, expect JDS and any other top heavy with good TD defence and good striking skills to do much the same thing. Even though Couture was much smaller and even though Mir was stylistically suited to Brock, I still have great admiration for what Brock achieved, but ultimately I don't think he is evolving at a rapid enough rate for him to compete with the best heavyweights of right now. I dread to think what a striker like Overeem would do to him. I'd genuinely fear for the guy's safety.
Im surprised Dana is feeding his cash cow in lesnar to de santos..This could be another ugly 1st round loss for brock..

As for vs Overeem.Wow wouldnt brock get hurt very very bad..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #7
artdawg
Grammar butcher beeaTCH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler View Post
Im surprised Dana is feeding his cash cow in lesnar to de santos..This could be another ugly 1st round loss for brock..

As for vs Overeem.Wow wouldnt brock get hurt very very bad..
Cash cow ?? Last I remember he is the bob sapp of ufc aka joke now
artdawg is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #8
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Cash cow ?? Last I remember he is the bob sapp of ufc aka joke now
Joke or otherwise Brock is a ****ing huge PPV draw.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #9
artdawg
Grammar butcher beeaTCH
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
Joke or otherwise Brock is a ****ing huge PPV draw.
Might be a thing of the past, he gets blown away with the first taste of leather and hours into retreat, I wouldn't buy for one round.
artdawg is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2011, 11:47 PM   #10
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Might be a thing of the past, he gets blown away with the first taste of leather and hours into retreat, I wouldn't buy for one round.
I think all the wwe fans are embarrassed now I don't think he will be a big draw now either.
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2011, 12:05 AM   #11
vibit
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 920

I have a feeling Lesnar is basically the boss in his training camp, and his trainers aren't doing their jobs properly. If during his sparring sessions, he pulls the stuff he did against Velasquez, they should have fixed that pronto.

The guy is a professional fighter yet he had no clue how to deal with punches? That's something you see from someone who has only started sparring recently. But from a pro fighter that's inexcusable. His trainers didn't prepare him properly, that's for sure.
vibit is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2011, 03:51 AM   #12
Antsu
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1347

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBeast View Post
I think all the wwe fans are embarrassed now I don't think he will be a big draw now either.
Why would wwe fans be embarrased? He won Ufc title and beat some of the biggest names in the sport. He has done very good job

Losing is part of the sport.
Antsu is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #13
Money Shot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

he's better than Tim Sylvia, but that's as far as I'll go. He made Velasquez look like superman.
Money Shot is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #14
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1233

Cigano is gonna smash Lesnar then he'll do to Cain what Kongo did only he'll finish him off.
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #15
bigironmike
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

He should stop juicing and lifting so damn much, and sctually work on his mma game once in a while.
bigironmike is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum