Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
Haye
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Khan and ******

Now, with me being 16 I didn't think anything of it when Khan signed with ******. But to you old vets out there - did your hearts sink knowing he had a future of fighting cans for WBU belts?

What was the reaction at the time when Britains best prospect (or so it seemed) for years signed with Frank 'WBU' ******.

Or did you see it as a good move where Khan would be developed nice and slow.
Haye is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Khan and ******

i was most disappointed when they gave hium to harrison to train, they should have installed him into the calzaghe or ingle camp.
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

The greatest thing Khan will achieve is making boxing a mainstream sport in Britain again. Boxing geeks like our goodselves may think he's a hype job and possibly a fraud but you can't deny he's having a positive effect at the moment. Boxing is enjoying as high a profile since the glory days of the early 90's!
As long as the England football team continue to act like a bunch of over paid twats boxing will hopefully continue to grow.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

To sign with ****** is not a bad way to go if you're are a prospect, Khans been brought along pretty well so far IMHO. He's 21 (?), 14-0 and the Commonwealth champ, he is roughly where he should be at this stage in his career.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 08:16 PM   #5
Napuis
Straight talkin' mo'fuhha
ESB Full Member

****** will be more interested in him fighting bums and notching more wins than for the good of Khan's career. Khan will be 27 before he fights for a world title, or he will split with ******. I bet he'll split with ****** soon.
Napuis is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 08:25 PM   #6
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoppelGanger
Khan will be 27 before he fights for a world title, or he will split with ******.
Nah, don't exagerate.....26....

Khan will fight for a belt before he's 23...lets hope its not a BS title.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 04:15 AM   #7
Haye
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
To sign with ****** is not a bad way to go if you're are a prospect, Khans been brought along pretty well so far IMHO. He's 21 (?), 14-0 and the Commonwealth champ, he is roughly where he should be at this stage in his career.
True, but its getting your career going when you are in your late 20's and prime thats difficult with ******.
Haye is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 05:57 AM   #8
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Name a fighter thats done more in 14 fights in british boxing history!
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 06:28 AM   #9
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
Name a fighter thats done more in 14 fights in british boxing history!

Didn't Prince Naseem Hamed win the EBU European Title in his 12th fight?

Then the WBC International Title in his 14th fight?

Think he was only 20 years old.
elle is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 06:33 AM   #10
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Ok Prince Nas who was the one of the biggest punchers pound for pound in history, name another.

Oh and who was his promoter? ****** is a wanker but he is the best bet for any british boxer starting out. They will get the most exposure, fight on the biggest cards. Look how long its taken Hennasy to get Witter and Froch world title shots, and Maloney for Haye.

Khan is gonna be top 5 p4p when hes older trust me.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:22 AM   #11
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
Ok Prince Nas who was the one of the biggest punchers pound for pound in history, name another.

Oh and who was his promoter? ****** is a wanker but he is the best bet for any british boxer starting out. They will get the most exposure, fight on the biggest cards. Look how long its taken Hennasy to get Witter and Froch world title shots, and Maloney for Haye.

Khan is gonna be top 5 p4p when hes older trust me.

I named you one and now another? Whats this, name this tune?

Yes Prince Nas was with ****** initially .... think Hatton was also but leaving ****** hasn't done his career any harm.

******'s fighters do tend to get a lot of exposure but in Khan's case I tend to feel he has been over exposed and that has added to some of the criticism he gets. Also I feel the pace Khan is coming along is more down to ITV and Khans team than ******. I don't think its any coincidence that Khan was put in with Limond directly after the widespread criticism the Steffy Bull fight attracted. Do you think Khan would be facing Earl next if it was just down to ******? I suspect not.

As for Hennessy and Maloney - the latter in particular always tends to come up with packed bills full of competitive fights. On the other hand, ****** tends to promise far more than he delivers on his bills usually.

You mention about how long it has taken Maloney to come up with Title shots for Haye - I know you are a big fan of Haye but surely this is preferable to him being signed by ****** and his career managed like Maccarinelli is currently?
elle is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 08:05 AM   #12
Doyley10
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

It might sound cynical, but pro boxers are there to make money, and ****** does that better than other promoters. Once Khan has a million quid in the bank he can start to worry about risk taking and the pursuit of glory. For someone of Khan's exposure that shouldn't be too far away...
Doyley10 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 08:35 AM   #13
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haye
True, but its getting your career going when you are in your late 20's and prime thats difficult with ******.
If Khan keeps winning he'll have the promotional leverage to be able to do what the hell he likes in a few years. If he's got any sense he'll go self managed and retain a few advisors.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 09:12 AM   #14
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
I named you one and now another? Whats this, name this tune?

Yes Prince Nas was with ****** initially .... think Hatton was also but leaving ****** hasn't done his career any harm.

******'s fighters do tend to get a lot of exposure but in Khan's case I tend to feel he has been over exposed and that has added to some of the criticism he gets. Also I feel the pace Khan is coming along is more down to ITV and Khans team than ******. I don't think its any coincidence that Khan was put in with Limond directly after the widespread criticism the Steffy Bull fight attracted. Do you think Khan would be facing Earl next if it was just down to ******? I suspect not.

As for Hennessy and Maloney - the latter in particular always tends to come up with packed bills full of competitive fights. On the other hand, ****** tends to promise far more than he delivers on his bills usually.

You mention about how long it has taken Maloney to come up with Title shots for Haye - I know you are a big fan of Haye but surely this is preferable to him being signed by ****** and his career managed like Maccarinelli is currently?

yeh your spot on there in most respects, i jst get annoyed with people slagging of Khan, he is the biggest prospect in pro boxing worldwide, who his age is ahead of him, how many other 18 year olds have got to olympic finals?
Old 11-19-2007, 09:13 AM   #15
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyley10
It might sound cynical, but pro boxers are there to make money, and ****** does that better than other promoters. Once Khan has a million quid in the bank he can start to worry about risk taking and the pursuit of glory. For someone of Khan's exposure that shouldn't be too far away...
he has alot more than a million already mate trust me on that.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum