Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
TheBradyHawkes
۞
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 2362
Default Diaz/Daley Odds

Diaz -240
Daley +190

Anyone backing Daley here? I'm a big fan of Diaz, but given his propensity to stand and trade, and Daley's punching power, is the winning streak gonna end for Nick?
TheBradyHawkes is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mutantville, North Carolina
Posts: 9,281
vCash: 157
Default Re: Diaz/Daley Odds

Daley won't beat Diaz. He has zero ground game. Nick is going to snap off his arm and use it as a toothpick.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
One Punch KO
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Diaz/Daley Odds

I see Diaz trading with Daley for at least part of the fight, despite the fact that it's an easy win if he takes it to the mat. Diaz just loves to throw down and recent wins will have given him all the confidence he needs. This actually gives Daley a solid chance in this fight.

So we'll see how good Daley's technical striking really is.
One Punch KO is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
james4210
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brighton UK
Posts: 461
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Diaz/Daley Odds

what do those odds mean in old money???
james4210 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
TheBradyHawkes
۞
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 2362
Default Re: Diaz/Daley Odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by james4210 View Post
what do those odds mean in old money???
You would need to bet $240 to win $100 on Diaz, and betting $100 on Daley would win $190.
TheBradyHawkes is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #6
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mutantville, North Carolina
Posts: 9,281
vCash: 157
Default Re: Diaz/Daley Odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Punch KO View Post
I see Diaz trading with Daley for at least part of the fight, despite the fact that it's an easy win if he takes it to the mat. Diaz just loves to throw down and recent wins will have given him all the confidence he needs. This actually gives Daley a solid chance in this fight.

So we'll see how good Daley's technical striking really is.
I agree but unless Daley sparks Nick right out Diaz will recover and take it to the mat. Either way it should be a great fight for as long as it lasts.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:58 PM   #7
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mutantville, North Carolina
Posts: 9,281
vCash: 157
Default Re: Diaz/Daley Odds

This is a fight where Nick's style is to his advantage. He's not a power puncher - he just punches in combination. He always puts his punches together but he doesn't rush in. Daley caught Smith running in with a punch and put him out. It is much harder to counter Diaz on the way in because of the way he uses his reach and comes from all angles with punches AND kicks.

People don't ever talk about Nick's kicks but it's just as effective as a jab for keeping his opponent at bay and setting them up for the next attack.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #8
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Diaz/Daley Odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
This is a fight where Nick's style is to his advantage. He's not a power puncher - he just punches in combination. He always puts his punches together but he doesn't rush in. Daley caught Smith running in with a punch and put him out. It is much harder to counter Diaz on the way in because of the way he uses his reach and comes from all angles with punches AND kicks.

People don't ever talk about Nick's kicks but it's just as effective as a jab for keeping his opponent at bay and setting them up for the next attack.
^^

Nick's stand up is underrated. He will handle himself fine against Daley, people will see. He uses range, timing, and variety effectively.
bachatu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #9
caleb_forrest_g
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: nashville tennessee
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Default Re: Diaz/Daley Odds

i hope daley knocks him the **** oput, i cant stand diaz!!!!!!!!!!!
caleb_forrest_g is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:47 AM   #10
james4210
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brighton UK
Posts: 461
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Diaz/Daley Odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBradyHawkes View Post
You would need to bet $240 to win $100 on Diaz, and betting $100 on Daley would win $190.
thanks, those odds are incredible. But I suppose in the betting odds are the only pre-fight opinion one needs to listen to.

As you can't get any more sincere than where people are placing their money. Not exactly an overwhelming vote of confidence for Daley.
james4210 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #11
RJJ's Jab
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 882
vCash: 1185
Default Re: Diaz/Daley Odds

I love this fight and love both fighters style and attitude but I can not bet against Diaz he has a lot more variety over Daley.

The odds seem about right.
RJJ's Jab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #12
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 121,788
vCash: 32000
Default Re: Diaz/Daley Odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBradyHawkes View Post
Diaz -240
Daley +190

Anyone backing Daley here? I'm a big fan of Diaz, but given his propensity to stand and trade, and Daley's punching power, is the winning streak gonna end for Nick?
What about Diaz's propensity to stand and trade combined with Noon's punching power? Or Cyborg's? Or MZ's?

I hardly think Daley is light years ahead of those guys as a hitter.

Nick will smoke this UFC hypejob. -240 is a steal.

IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #13
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 121,788
vCash: 32000
Default Re: Diaz/Daley Odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
This is a fight where Nick's style is to his advantage. He's not a power puncher - he just punches in combination. He always puts his punches together but he doesn't rush in. Daley caught Smith running in with a punch and put him out. It is much harder to counter Diaz on the way in because of the way he uses his reach and comes from all angles with punches AND kicks.

People don't ever talk about Nick's kicks but it's just as effective as a jab for keeping his opponent at bay and setting them up for the next attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachatu View Post
^^

Nick's stand up is underrated. He will handle himself fine against Daley, people will see. He uses range, timing, and variety effectively.


Not only does Diaz rarely get hit too cleanly when he stands in and goes to war (at least not without landing his own counter flurries and/or kicks), he has one of the best pound for pound chins in MMA.

Listen to me. You'd think I haven't been rooting against Diaz in his last dozen fights. This might be the combo breaker.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #14
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Diaz/Daley Odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
What about Diaz's propensity to stand and trade combined with Noon's punching power? Or Cyborg's? Or MZ's?

I hardly think Daley is light years ahead of those guys as a hitter.

Nick will smoke this UFC hypejob. -240 is a steal.

Daley is light years away from both. Noon is a natural lightweight whose power didn't translate to welterweight. Cyborg has no record to suggest he's a power puncher.

Daley has real KO power and was hardly hyped by a UFC who thrown him at short notice against Martin Kampmann after originally putting him in the prelims and after two wins paired him up against Koscheck in a HORRIBLE stylistic match up.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #15
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,170
vCash: 100
Default Re: Diaz/Daley Odds

Dan Hardy is saying Daley will take him out in round 2. Mayhem is saying Diaz's weakness is his takedowns and Daley will knock him out.

Just sayin'. Everyone else for Diaz. I think if Diaz takes it to the ground it's his game. But seriously, you do not trade with Daley. You just don't. Even if you're an accomplished striker which Diaz is, Daley has the power and the technique to put you out like a light at any point in the fight. It's not just that he has the power like an Anthony Johnson or a Shane Carwin, but the technique and ability to get it to land. Diaz would be very foolish to stand with him, and I believe he's smart enough in the cage to take the fight to the ground as soon as he can.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013