Old 04-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #31
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450
Default Re: Mousasi vs. Jardine

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Jardine needs better management to maintain the mystique of a fighter. He is a good fighter but needs the odd rebuild fight, good style matchup etc Make the record look pretty and everyone loves a hot run in MMA. He needs to string some wins together. I think Mousasi is too good for him but Jardine has gone tooth and nail with the best.
People shouldn't count Jardine out, like you said he's fought a ton of tough guys and has wins over Vera,Chuck and Forrest and almost beat Rampage. Jardine has had chin issues of course which has caused him some grief.
AJAX is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #32
caleb_forrest_g
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

it might be a good fight depends what jaedine shows, if the jardine from the rampage fight shown up it could be fireworks, ut most likey jardine will get caught at some point, but moussasi is a very good striker
caleb_forrest_g is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #33
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Am I the only one who thinks this mythical beast Jardine from the Page fight had more to do with Quentin being over confident?
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #34
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

I think Jardine has a good shot if he uses his wrestling. Jardine has underated wrestling and with Mousasi he doesnt even try to stuff takedowns just because he wants to look cute and relaxed and save energy although he has bad cardio exposed vs King Mo. Jardine can put Mousasi on his back and land some GNP he could pull it off. Most likely Jardine wants to stand up and kickbox and get KOed brutally.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #35
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
i think jardine has a good shot if he uses his wrestling. Jardine has underated wrestling and with mousasi he doesnt even try to stuff takedowns just because he wants to look cute and relaxed and save energy although he has bad cardio exposed vs king mo. Jardine can put mousasi on his back and land some gnp he could pull it off. Most likely jardine wants to stand up and kickbox and get koed brutally.
+1
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #36
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
I think Jardine has a good shot if he uses his wrestling. Jardine has underated wrestling and with Mousasi he doesnt even try to stuff takedowns just because he is good off of his back
fixed
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #37
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
fixed
Well he wasnt that good vs King Mo was he ?
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #38
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

No. He was doing damage from his back, but he wasn't really doing anything dramatic, or trying very hard for submissions. It was the worst performance of his career, and hopefully he has learned a lot from it.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #39
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
No. He was doing damage from his back, but he wasn't really doing anything dramatic, or trying very hard for submissions. It was the worst performance of his career, and hopefully he has learned a lot from it.

What I learned:

Top position > damage

Takedown > punch to the face

But I guess I already knew that....
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 05:44 AM   #40
james4210
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

In my view, Jardine was cut from the UFC because he became gun shy. It's nothing to do with his character or bravery. Basically he got overly sensitive to being hit, it's just an involuntary response.

Also because MMA is so violent, the best state of mind to be, is sorting out the guy who has raped your daughter. or fighting for your life. that the natural way of things.

Just to conjure up this mindset where you don't give a shit about barely protected fists smashing into your face, or care about seriously hurting another person takes some serious mental power. and I should imagine is very stressful. Jardine's early fights were legendary because they were so brutal, I think that takes a toll.
james4210 is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #41
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Jardine is the confirmed replacement for the injured Mike Kyle. He will most likely suffer another brutal KO.
If he watches the Lawal fight he may decide to wrestle Mousasi ............... if so he will have some success
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #42
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Why would you compare King Mo vs Gegard with Jardine? They're two entirely different fighters and styles. Gegard is the clear favourite here and its very likely this bout will remain on its feet with Jardine on the end of another TKO.
As for Gegard not fighting any live opponents seriously WTF are you talking about?
If Jardine was a professional wrestler he could have been called "The Spoiler." He has a way of winning fights that he's not supposed to win - against top opposition at that. His problem is that he's been inconsistent.

I wasn't saying that Jardine is comparable to King Mo style-wise, but rather that Jardine will be the first real top ten/former top five light heavyweight that Mousasi will be fighting. He's not a middleweight like Mayhem or Jacare, but a solid 205lber with experience against the best fighters in the world. I think it will be a good measuring stick for Mousasi against the UFC divisions and even Gegard himself said as much in a recent interview.

I think Jardine's well rounded approach to MMA coupled with his all around toughness will make him competitive against Mousasi. If Mousasi walks in and blows him out like he's the second coming of vitor Belfort then I'll be just as proud as anyone to congratulate him for it - but until he actually get in the ring and actually does it I'm not going to pretend it's going to be a cakewalk for him because against a seasoned fighter like Jardine it will be anything but.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #43
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
If Jardine was a professional wrestler he could have been called "The Spoiler." He has a way of winning fights that he's not supposed to win - against top opposition at that. His problem is that he's been inconsistent.

I wasn't saying that Jardine is comparable to King Mo style-wise, but rather that Jardine will be the first real top ten/former top five light heavyweight that Mousasi will be fighting. He's not a middleweight like Mayhem or Jacare, but a solid 205lber with experience against the best fighters in the world. I think it will be a good measuring stick for Mousasi against the UFC divisions and even Gegard himself said as much in a recent interview.

I think Jardine's well rounded approach to MMA coupled with his all around toughness will make him competitive against Mousasi. If Mousasi walks in and blows him out like he's the second coming of vitor Belfort then I'll be just as proud as anyone to congratulate him for it - but until he actually get in the ring and actually does it I'm not going to pretend it's going to be a cakewalk for him because against a seasoned fighter like Jardine it will be anything but.
Mousasi D3 Jardine

Can I get an /thread.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #44
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

For the record I thought Mousasi looked great and deserved a unanimous decision. I hope he gets to fight Dan Henderson if the Fedor fight doesn't come off.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #45
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Stupid ****ing referee, mousasi should have won if that retard didn't take the point away and kept stopping the fight when jardine obviously is just looking to get a break.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum