Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 04-02-2011, 01:55 AM   #1
Tuaman
Return Of The Terminator
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default David Tua On 60 Minutes (2010)

It's a behind the scenes look at the Tua Camp before the fight with Friday Ahunanya.

Part 1
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa6GTuLP-ks&feature=related[/ame]

Part 2
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLugY4Sygrg&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/ame]
Tuaman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2011, 02:08 AM   #2
smoketh thou

vCash:
Default Re: David Tua On 60 Minutes (2010)

Your obsession with tua isnt normal, are you rooting him or something?
Old 04-02-2011, 02:21 AM   #3
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

David Tua hit hard enough to knock my headgear clean around my face. Dude had a pretty limited style, but that left was quick as a cobra when he was sharp, and boy did it have bite.

He doesn't train that well over here in NZ, in my opinion. He got real sharp for Cameron, but a lot has been missing since.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 02:33 AM   #4
Tuaman
Return Of The Terminator
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
David Tua hit hard enough to knock my headgear clean around my face. Dude had a pretty limited style, but that left was quick as a cobra when he was sharp, and boy did it have bite.
You trained with David Tua? That's wassup. How is it sparring with that guy? Did he work the body or was he focusing on left hooks?

Quote:
He doesn't train that well over here in NZ, in my opinion. He got real sharp for Cameron, but a lot has been missing since.
Yeah, man. He hasn't had a knockout since 2009 when he slaughtered Shane Cameron. I'm afraid that his power may be on the decline. It hurts me to say that. :(
Tuaman is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 02:38 AM   #5
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He did a bit of both. Body shots don't tend to bother me that much; I'm a thick dude and I absolutely annihilate my core on a daily basis. He mostly tried to come over my rights with left hands, as I recall.

Got into a fair few heated exchanges. Us punchers love a bit of a padded firefight.

Nice guy. Thicker than he even looks. After seeing him, I can't imagine him as a small heavyweight. 220-230 is really the best this guy can do.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:44 AM   #6
Tuaman
Return Of The Terminator
ESB Jr Member

MagnaNasakki, since you sparred with him, do you think he's still a threat to any top contenders in the heavyweight division? I honestly don't see him winning a belt. I'd like to see him fight Shannon Briggs and Evander Holyfield. He'd whoop Shannon for sure, and if he keeps his hands busy the way he did against Demetrice King, I think he'd get a late KO or decision win against Holyfield.

What do you think of his chances? It's now or never for him.
Tuaman is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2011, 02:48 AM   #7
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuaman View Post
MagnaNasakki, since you sparred with him, do you think he's still a threat to any top contenders in the heavyweight division? I honestly don't see him winning a belt. I'd like to see him fight Shannon Briggs and Evander Holyfield. He'd whoop Shannon for sure, and if he keeps his hands busy the way he did against Demetrice King, I think he'd get a late KO or decision win against Holyfield.

What do you think of his chances? It's now or never for him.
Not good, friend... He's not hard to hit, and while he's tough and strong and powerful, he's also kind of predictable.

Demetrice King is a flat out horrible opponent. That match up didnt say good things for Tua how it turned out.

Having sparred them both, Wladimir would school Tua and probably turn out his lights. He just lacks almost any sort of refinement to his violence. Granted, I don't really either unless I'm really, really on that day, but the best heavyweights I've sparred handled me a lot easier than David did.

Feels kinda bad critiquing the dude, though. He's a fun guy, super hospitable and friendly, hit like a truck and put me through plenty of painful paces. I only hope our careers and lives don't end up with me required to face him with 12's and no mask. I can't afford the surgery.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #8
Hydraulix
Left Hook From Hell..
ESB Senior Member

I hope the Tuaman can win a belt. If he doesn't at least win one title, then his entire career will have been a waste.

He should face Monte Barrett in a rematch, then fight Holyfield for his belt, and then retire.
Hydraulix is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #9
Boggle
∆≈Ω≈∆

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydraulix View Post
I hope the Tuaman can win a belt. If he doesn't at least win one title, then his entire career will have been a waste.

He should face Monte Barrett in a rematch, then fight Holyfield for his belt, and then retire.
He should fight Toney for his "belt."
Boggle is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #10
Tin_Ribs
Me
ESB Senior Member

Nice stuff Magna. I'd never really understood how big of a thing Tua is in Kiwiland until I travelled throughout and worked there for all of 2009. You'd think that my being English would have gone some way to making nationalistic fervour something of a familiar concept to me......

Saw David in Hamilton when I went to watch the Cameron fight and he was, like you say, really friendly and hospitable to everyone around him. Seemingly a very nice bloke even though I've never been his biggest admirer. It surprised me how many of the folk I knew at the time favoured Cameron to win. Earned me a nice few dollars too.
Tin_Ribs is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2011, 04:45 AM   #11
Hydraulix
Left Hook From Hell..
ESB Senior Member

David seemed pretty ****y before the Lewis fight, though. I actually thought he had a chance. Based on David's performance with Ike Ibeabuchi, I was expecting him to really take it to Lewis. I figured that if David didn't KO Lewis, it would end up like the Lewis/Mercer fight at the very least. But it's strange to look back and see how arrogant David was before this battle. If only he took that confidence into the ring..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hl-0NsGXGg[/ame]

Though ****y, David is still charming. He reminds me of his cousin, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ0IgNGSPSY[/ame]
Old 04-05-2011, 04:50 AM   #12
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Quote:

Shot Holyfield's polystyrene title is worthless.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2011, 05:47 AM   #13
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
David seemed pretty ****y before the Lewis fight, though. I actually thought he had a chance. Based on David's performance with Ike Ibeabuchi, I was expecting him to really take it to Lewis. I figured that if David didn't KO Lewis, it would end up like the Lewis/Mercer fight at the very least. But it's strange to look back and see how arrogant David was before this battle. If only he took that confidence into the ring..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Though ****y, David is still charming. He reminds me of his cousin, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I know and worked with all Tua's people. The problem with the Lennox fight was he trained AND fought with that attitude.

Called Punchers Cancer where I come from. You get really high on your ability to end mens nights in the ring, you start neglecting training REALLY hard in favor of training hard, and you fight with an almost lazy entitlement: That all you need is one clean connect, and your night is done, no matter what came before.

Lennox Lewis, when motivated, well trained, and laser focused(And you are a FOOL if you assume your opponent is anything less in this game) is not gonna be blown away, is not gonna go away, and is gonna be the toughest night you ever had. David's attitude and what his style had become meant ass whupping. David was always gonna lose to Lennox-He wasn't in position to fight him till about then in boxing history, and by then, he had become the man he was, and wasn't gonna change.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #14
Hydraulix
Left Hook From Hell..
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I know and worked with all Tua's people. The problem with the Lennox fight was he trained AND fought with that attitude.

Called Punchers Cancer where I come from. You get really high on your ability to end mens nights in the ring, you start neglecting training REALLY hard in favor of training hard, and you fight with an almost lazy entitlement: That all you need is one clean connect, and your night is done, no matter what came before.

Lennox Lewis, when motivated, well trained, and laser focused(And you are a FOOL if you assume your opponent is anything less in this game) is not gonna be blown away, is not gonna go away, and is gonna be the toughest night you ever had. David's attitude and what his style had become meant ass whupping. David was always gonna lose to Lennox-He wasn't in position to fight him till about then in boxing history, and by then, he had become the man he was, and wasn't gonna change.
If he had gotten a title shot years earlier, (1996-1997) do you think he would have performed better?
Old 04-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #15
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
If he had gotten a title shot years earlier, (1996-1997) do you think he would have performed better?
I think he might have been stopped, but he'd had gone down with honor.

My opinion of Lewis is high though. Dude was a lot more formidable than most realize, and most rate his as quite formidable.
Think he'd have eaten old Holyfield up, though.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum