Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 03-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 11500
Default Firat Arslan vs. Michal Bilak & Selcuk Aydin vs. Dzmitry Lubachkin 4/1

Can anyone tell me about the opponents for Arslan and Aydin, buried on the undercard of this show in Germany tomorrow?

Firat and Selcuk are the only names on the card I really know, and it seems neither is even headlining as both are scheduled for 8-rounders.

Arslan's comeback opponent, Bilak, is a former Olympian from the Czech Republic...but seems to lose - usually by KO - to anybody halfway decent he's faced. Aydin seems on paper to be in a little tougher (why he's regressed to an 8-rounder is very puzzling; at least Arslan has the excuse of being on the rebound). Lubachkin, a Belarusian, is 18-0 (17) but has a very padded record mostly against debutants.

I've heard of the Czech heavyweight Ondrej Pala (who has a couple of good wins and was last defeated five years ago by Denis Boytsov) - apparently he's rematching Oleksiy Mazykin of the Ukraine for the European HW title in the main event. There's also a German HW title bout between 27-0 (24) Yakup Saglam - a Turk - and 6-0 (4) Michael Wallisch, who actually is German.

Can anybody shed some more light on the opponents and/or the card?

Will the Arslan and Aydin fights be televised live? What time does the coverage start?

Thank you in advance.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
Fullhouse
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Firat Arslan vs. Michal Bilak & Selcuk Aydin vs. Dzmitry Lubachkin 4/1

Donīt know too much about the opponents, sorry, but live coverage will start at 9pm CET on Eurosport in Germany. Mazykin vs. Pala now the main event as far as I know.

The IBF elimination between Benjamin Simon and Sam Soliman originally was the main event, but Simon injured his hand.

Can anyone tell me about Erkan Teper's potential as a pro? Was a good amateur, I think. Heīs fighting his 5th pro fight tomorrow vs. Robert Hawkins, who already fought (and lost to) many decent fighters.
Fullhouse is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 11500
Default Re: Firat Arslan vs. Michal Bilak & Selcuk Aydin vs. Dzmitry Lubachkin 4/1

It's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find an English-language programming guide for Eurosport!

(the UK Yahoo site doesn't have a link anywhere with a daily schedule, horrible layout; and there are several dead links brought up by Google including the ones from the Eurosport page on Wikipedia)

I finally found this on a 3rd-party website:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

20:00 Live Boxing - Benjamin Simon v Sam Soliman
Benjamin Simon v Sam Soliman. Coverage of the bout for the IBF Inter-Continental middleweight title at the Pferdesportpark in Lichtenberg, Berlin. German fighter Simon makes the second defence of the belt against the Australian, who starts as the underdog having lost 11 of his 50 professional bouts. Sport/Boxing

Obviously they haven't updated since the Simon-Soliman bout was scrubbed but at least we know it's the right card...

So it's set to start at 8pm UK time (which fits with the equivalent 9pm local German time as reported by Fullhouse; or 3pm eastern USA time) but it's only set as a two hour broadcast, with something else starting at 10pm UK time.

Two hours of live coverage. It seems very unlikely we'll get to see the cruiserweight or welterweight 8-rounder, then.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2011, 06:23 AM   #4
Fullhouse
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

@IB

Itīs in the Eurosport UK schedule here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hereīs the fight card, I found (maybe theyīll show the Aydin fight live after the "main event"?):

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Edit: The card starts at 6.15 pm CET, I just read.

Last edited by Fullhouse; 04-01-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
Fullhouse
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Aydin fight live on Eurosport now.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

It is over. Aydin just won in the first round.Nice left hook.
Ivo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum