Old 04-19-2011, 04:26 AM   #76
Beekeeper
Bedtime Story, Aoki Style
ESB Addict

vCash: 277
Default Re: Zuffa Interjects in Fedor Emelianenko Negotiations with Strikeforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
There are plenty of guys who consistently put on exciting fights but don't get anywhere near a million PPV buys. Like I wrote before, I just don't think it's possible for Fedor to become a PPV star at this point.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that I think Lesnar is going to draw the same kind of interest for his future fights that he did before. I fully concede the point that Lesnar's drawing power has probably taken a serious hit in the wake of his recent loss. The ratings of the current season of The Ultimate Fighter are in the toilet in spite of his presence.
Disagree with vague "plenty of guys analogy".
Beekeeper is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 04:48 AM   #77
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Yes, Lesnar absolutely would have sold more PPVs than Fedor did due to his popularity from his pro wrestling days. He probably wouldn't have cracked a million buys without the UFC brand name, but I believe that he would have still easily outsold Fedor. UFC cards don't have a uniform buyrate. The numbers vary greatly based who's headlining. I also think that you're failing to take into account how poor Fedor's US PPV numbers were. PRIDE 32 did 40,000 buys, and the Afflication cards did about 100,000 a piece.

Look, all due respect to Fedor for what he's accomplished in the ring/cage over the years, but it's farcical to claim that the guy is the biggest draw in the sport. The numbers just don't support that claim. He doesn't have any real pull outside of hardcore fans who've been following MMA since before the post-TUF 1 explosion of popularity. Frankly, it's his own fault that he didn't effectively promote himself after the death of PRIDE. His "management" was more focused on bleeding struggling orgs dry than cementing his legacy.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 07:11 AM   #78
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
There are plenty of guys who consistently put on exciting fights but don't get anywhere near a million PPV buys. Like I wrote before, I just don't think it's possible for Fedor to become a PPV star at this point.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that I think Lesnar is going to draw the same kind of interest for his future fights that he did before. I fully concede the point that Lesnar's drawing power has probably taken a serious hit in the wake of his recent loss. The ratings of the current season of The Ultimate Fighter are in the toilet in spite of his presence.
fedor hasnt been finished in his entire career and by that i mean as many others go out like chuck liddell, he is almost now more remembered more by the ways he got KTFO in that his 14 KO victories.
if fedor was in the ufc or even if he entered now i think he would take over lesnars PPV count
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #79
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
fedor hasnt been finished in his entire career and by that i mean as many others go out like chuck liddell, he is almost now more remembered more by the ways he got KTFO in that his 14 KO victories.
if fedor was in the ufc or even if he entered now i think he would take over lesnars PPV count
WTF did Silva and Werdum do to him then?

And no a fat, non-English speaking, sweater wearing, ice cream eating, reserved, nice man from Russia would not outdraw Lesnar. You do realise that Lesnar is the ONLY man other than Tyson to draw over a million buys on multiple ppvs in the same year? He is a mega draw way beyond what the UFC has ever been able to promote before.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 07:25 AM   #80
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
WTF did Silva and Werdum do to him then?
did you even read my post? i said he didnt get KTFO! silva won due to doctor stoppage meaning he didnt get KTFO and he tapped to werdum meaning he also didnt get KTFO!
FYI KTFO = Knocked The **** Out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
And no a fat, non-English speaking, sweater wearing, ice cream eating, reserved, nice man from Russia would not outdraw Lesnar. You do realise that Lesnar is the ONLY man other than Tyson to draw over a million buys on multiple ppvs in the same year? He is a mega draw way beyond what the UFC has ever been able to promote before.
now if muhammad ali would come back into the ring wouldnt he get more than 1 mil PPV?
Old 04-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #81
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Hmmmmm!
I wont respond to this, Will has been much more polite that I ever could, and it's very uncouthed and not at all Gentlemanly and British whats floating round my head in terms of this post. Anyway, here's some Abba
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuJl1T-trLw[/ame]
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #82
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
did you even read my post? i said he didnt get KTFO! silva won due to doctor stoppage meaning he didnt get KTFO and he tapped to werdum meaning he also didnt get KTFO!
FYI KTFO = Knocked The **** Out.

now if muhammad ali would come back into the ring wouldnt he get more than 1 mil PPV?
You said he never been finished. He has been.

If Muhammed Ali existed today he'd have been PPV gold for the same reason Lesnar and Mayweather are today. He was charismatic and controvesial.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #83
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Hmmmmm!
I wont respond to this, Will has been much more polite that I ever could, and it's very uncouthed and not at all Gentlemanly and British whats floating round my head in terms of this post. Anyway, here's some Abba
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 04-19-2011, 07:34 AM   #84
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I sense a Moronocunty Mark II is in the making with Abba boy. What a silly statement. Simple experiment greathamza. Turn off Abba on your Ipod, go outside, and ask the next 10 passers by if they've heard of Ali, then ask if they've heard of Fedor. That will put that rediculous statement you've just made into the context of reality
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #85
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Hmmmmm!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
i just cant stop laughing at that you know more about abba than i do
Old 04-19-2011, 08:28 AM   #86
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

guys you have to read the whole sentence to know what im talking about not read 2-3 words then say i dont agree with that
Old 04-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #87
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
i just cant stop laughing at that you know more about abba than i do
It's the name of the game...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #88
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

guys you have to read the whole sentence to know what im talking about not read 2-3 words then say i dont agree with that
I see your point. Shogun, Franklin and Evans are hardly at the top of their weightclass like Lindland, Choi and Zulu are they
You're posts are getting silly. I doubt you could even spell Abba backwards
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2011, 08:37 AM   #89
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I see your point. Shogun, Franklin and Evans are hardly at the top of their weightclass like Lindland, Choi and Zulu are they
You're posts are getting silly. I doubt you could even spell Abba backwards
i am a fedor nuthugger and therefore i will never stop defending fedor even if i fail worse than george W. bush did
Old 04-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #90
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
i am a fedor nuthugger and therefore i will never stop defending fedor even if i fail worse than george W. bush did
Being a nuthugger is bad for your health. Im a Fedor fan. I love him more than you love Abba.
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum