Old 04-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #16
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Jon "Bones" Jones, how far will he go? discuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 196osh View Post
Hendrson got taken down at will controlled and dominated on the ground by Sheilds who is a great fighter but is realy a WW, at this stage Dan does not want to be fighting Jones.
meh, such an unbelievable fight I have to believe he was drained beyond repair..big heavyweight wrestlers cant control Hendo, a small unathletic guy def cant...unless theres something very wrong.
Polymath is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #17
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymath View Post
meh, such an unbelievable fight I have to believe he was drained beyond repair..big heavyweight wrestlers cant control Hendo, a small unathletic guy def cant...unless theres something very wrong.
Henderson has no gas tank. Simples.

And its absurd to think that Henderson could be competitive against Jones. Henderson is not a true light heavyweight in the modern game - the reach, height and size difference would be far too much.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #18
Shogun Assassin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymath View Post
Jones will be a champion one day, mark my words!
Let's not get carried away now.
Shogun Assassin is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #19
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Jones will rule MMA until the day the Zuffas take a risk and opens up their pocket books to the elite athletes of the day. Eventually, MMa will have a number of Jones type of fighters, someone whos so athletic that a couple of years is enough to become a champion. Football, Basketball, Hockey, track and fields type athletes coupled with a great MMA training regimen.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #20
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

I think the sky is the limit for Bones Jones. I don't want to jinx him by writing his legacy before he has built it but I can see him cleaning out lightheavyweight and then challenging Velazquez for the heavyweight championship. By that time this could be the Ali vs Frazier of mixed martial arts.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #21
Dave_j1985
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
I think the sky is the limit for Bones Jones. I don't want to jinx him by writing his legacy before he has built it but I can see him cleaning out lightheavyweight and then challenging Velazquez for the heavyweight championship. By that time this could be the Ali vs Frazier of mixed martial arts.
Assuming Cain is still champ, fighting 2, 3 times max a year it'll take a few years to clean out such a stacked division but he has the tools to do it.

Who knows though, MMA is so unpredictable it only takes one mistake in the cage/ring and you're not the champion anymore.

Last edited by Dave_j1985; 04-06-2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo
Dave_j1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #22
Mikey11
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Jones could possibly be the youngest fighter to be inducted into UFC "Hall of Fame"

As long as he uses his advantage to his reach and does not get to ****y or arrogant then he has a goood streak ahead of him holding his belt.

If he starts partying and drinking thinking he is untouchable his reign may be short lived.
Mikey11 is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2011, 07:49 AM   #23
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

i see him as the new tito ortiz.
he will be the champ everyone will be a nut hugger then he will be a gatekeeper at best
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #24
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
Jones will rule MMA until the day the Zuffas take a risk and opens up their pocket books to the elite athletes of the day. Eventually, MMa will have a number of Jones type of fighters, someone whos so athletic that a couple of years is enough to become a champion. Football, Basketball, Hockey, track and fields type athletes coupled with a great MMA training regimen.
You're spot on. We think MMA has evolved so far, and it has, but it is nothing like what's coming. I think Jones is a glimpse at the next 10 years in this sport.

To answer the TS question. He may lose a fight or two, it's MMA, but there is nobody as talented and gifted as him in the LH or Heavy division so barring any fluke knockouts, he will go on to clean out the LH division and then move up to Heavyweight and most likely win that belt as well.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 03:49 AM   #25
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

i think shogun was unconditioned for this fight and jonny looked amazing flying knees, spinning elbows and great takedowns but i think the real challenge will be him vs my boy lyoto machida jon jones vs lyoto machida would be clash of the unpredictable fighters.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #26
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
i think shogun was unconditioned for this fight and jonny looked amazing flying knees, spinning elbows and great takedowns but i think the real challenge will be him vs my boy lyoto machida jon jones vs lyoto machida would be clash of the unpredictable fighters.
Do you think he was so unconditioned that he was gassed from the pre-fight warmup and the ring walk? Because he started getting his ass handed to him from the first 10 seconds of the fight

I agree though, Machida is the fight I want to see!
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #27
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
Do you think he was so unconditioned that he was gassed from the pre-fight warmup and the ring walk? Because he started getting his ass handed to him from the first 10 seconds of the fight

I agree though, Machida is the fight I want to see!
Haha young shogun in pride vs jon jones would be sick! but yea my boy machida i think would make jon jones get "stanky legged"
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #28
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

The day will come when an athlete like Nmadukong Suh will wrestle in HS instead of playing Football and get into MMA and train his striking, then we will see death in the Octagon.
chimba is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum