Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2011, 04:38 AM   #211
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
It's true, ash has come crashing into this thread pissed out of his little skull and thinks he's giving us what for
Come on BRUA...give us some more inside information....what a try hard
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 04:41 AM   #212
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
TC

Who are you quoting with the purse bid info
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
It was posted on another forum by a Journo, he also knows the purse bid amounts.
Pretty shocking spelling errors for a 'Journo'.

Why don't you provide the link TitCunt

...and then ask your mate whispy to let us all know if your source is "stuff on the internet we can believe"
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:46 AM   #213
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Geez Brua, you're ****ing stretching things here!

I guess you can twist anything to suit whatver you want if you try hard enough.
But Kessler ducking Green, you won't get away with that.

Crazy ****er.
I think what you and others have forgotten, with the 'benefit' of hindsight, is that back then, Green was unbeaten and a feared fighter - Ring Mag (back before DLH bought it) had ranked him the hardest hitting SMW in the world, and Kessler was still very green - he, along with Mads Larsen, were Palle's 2 main SMW fighters, Mads being the more senior of the 2.

Larsen and Palle had some sort of dispute that effectively saw Larsen shelved and ultimately ended his career.

Palle chose to put Kessler in against Siaca in Larsen's place, effectively switching him from the WBC SMW campaign trail to the WBA SMW title path.

I tell you what Soxy - I'll happily agree with you that Kessler did not duck Green in 2004 if you are happy to agree that Mundine didn't duck a rematch with Geale and that his apparent motives for moving down to 154 were genuine
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:56 AM   #214
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,917
vCash: 346
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Oh yeah Danny was a MONSTER, not even able to defeat Beyer , Kessler must have been shitting his pants at the thought of jumping in with DannyBOY!

As for my sources, here you go again, you did this with the BJ fight and Dannyweight, like most Green fans your a fckn hypocrite, asking for proof and links but then you go saying that a 60 min interview with LESTER in which he admits the Mundine fight was a setup, you basicly just made it up because i pulled the transcript from 60 min website and no mention of a setup could be found. People who live in glass houses like you should not throw stones.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:57 AM   #215
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Come on BRUA...give us some more inside information....what a try hard
dry up ya wet blanket - go and get some sleep before you make even more of a fool of yourself
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:05 AM   #216
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
I think what you and others have forgotten, with the 'benefit' of hindsight, is that back then, Green was unbeaten and a feared fighter -
What lifetime was this?
I don't recall Green ever being a feared fighter?
Quote:
Ring Mag (back before DLH bought it) had ranked him the hardest hitting SMW in the world,
Yeh, with the speed of a garden slug.
Quote:
and Kessler was still very green
How so? In 2004 Kessler already had more fights than Green has today? And his record was also unblemished.
Quote:
- he, along with Mads Larsen, were Palle's 2 main SMW fighters, Mads being the more senior of the 2.

Larsen and Palle had some sort of dispute that effectively saw Larsen shelved and ultimately ended his career.
I'll take your word for it.
Quote:
Palle chose to put Kessler in against Siaca in Larsen's place, effectively switching him from the WBC SMW campaign trail to the WBA SMW title path.
Ahuh, ducking Green as a consequence.
Quote:
I tell you what Soxy - I'll happily agree with you that Kessler did not duck Green in 2004 if you are happy to agree that Mundine didn't duck a rematch with Geale and that his apparent motives for moving down to 154 were genuine
Get ya hand off it.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:13 AM   #217
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Oh yeah Danny was a MONSTER, not even able to defeat Beyer , Kessler must have been shitting his pants at the thought of jumping in with DannyBOY!

As for my sources, here you go again, you did this with the BJ fight and Dannyweight, like most Green fans your a fckn hypocrite, asking for proof and links but then you go saying that a 60 min interview with LESTER in which he admits the Mundine fight was a setup, you basicly just made it up because i pulled the transcript from 60 min website and no mention of a setup could be found. People who live in glass houses like you should not throw stones.
At the start of 2004, Green hadn't yet rematched (and lost) to Beyer...in fact, he'd recently been DQ'd against Beyer after dropping him twice in their first fight and had stopped Lucas in 6 rounds to take his title. So before you try to accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about, perhaps you should just STFU and check out some timelines instead of being a dumb ****ing snapper

As for the rest of your post - so you don't have a link? Or maybe you do, but you know whoever it is you've quoted is not worth quoting

I've provided a quote and a link to it's source article backing up my claim - you have not, and probably will not, judging by the deflection and subject-changing in your post.

You can't see the difference between a news article and a losing fighter with a case of sour grapes posting updates on his facebook page in regards to integrity and objectivity?

As for the subject you're trying to deflect to - you're a ****ing idiot if you think the Ellis fight wasn't set up - an old, retired, out-of-shape fighter, on the rocks, at the bottom of a bottle, estranged from his wife and children, manages to scrape up enough dough to buy a return ticket to the Gold Coast in the hope that:

1. He'll be able to get past security and climb into the ring at the end of the fight in order to challenge Mundine and;

2. Be taken seriously enough by Mundine to be is granted a fight after many other active Australian boxers had been denied the opportunity.

I also said that Ellis was drunk when he fought Mundine, which you claimed wasn't mentioned in the transcript, when it was. You said no more about that, in fact you pretended you never brought it up

Maybe if I can be bothered, I'll illustrate the properties of a logical progression to you sometime - there is plenty of info in this very thread that can be used to show you exactly how you and your mate whispy lose the plot when you try to play Detective Columbo
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:14 AM   #218
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: green v tarver is on

IBM owned for being an industry insider try hard nut hugger
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:15 AM   #219
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
What lifetime was this?
I don't recall Green ever being a feared fighter?
Yeh, with the speed of a garden slug.
How so? In 2004 Kessler already had more fights than Green has today? And his record was also unblemished.
I'll take your word for it.
Ahuh, ducking Green as a consequence.
Get ya hand off it.
It's apparent from some of your replies that you're not aware of a lot of the stuff that was happening during the time in question.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:16 AM   #220
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
IBM owned for being an industry insider try hard nut hugger


You're really smarting from some of the stuff I've said to you on here huh?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:20 AM   #221
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
It's apparent from some of your replies that you're not aware of a lot of the stuff that was happening during the time in question.
No doubt, doesn't make what you said a reality though.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:25 AM   #222
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
No doubt, doesn't make what you said a reality though.
Oh okay, so you disagree with what I've said, admit you aren't aware of a lot of what was going on at the time, but still insist I'm wrong.

Good for you.

Thanks for stopping by
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:34 AM   #223
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Lots of PMs being sent back and forth right now, methinks
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #224
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,008
vCash: 300
Default Re: green v tarver is on

the green team are getting noticed big time in the states and europe...thats just a fact.
they are also known to be fair and pay big bucks for fighters...green tries his ****en hardest to get big fights and always stays humble...a lot of aussies are very jelous of green team and will do anything to discredit him...but he keeps on getting big names here in oz...the stadium will be a full house and ppv buys will be huge...green will win and then take his family on a holiday....team green will also be enjoying there holidays.
then he will announce another big name and it will start again.the guys campaining and is having the time of his life.....and he is bringing his freinds along on the ride.
and all his fans are loving it also.....the rest can **** off.
his in the TOP 10 of the highest paid boxers in the world....full stop.
and his a surfer.......laid back and thinking for his family and freinds.
its showtime come july 20......the magic man is comin to town.
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:39 AM   #225
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Oh okay, so you disagree with what I've said, admit you aren't aware of a lot of what was going on at the time, but still insist I'm wrong.
Just because I'm not into the politics of it all, doesn't mean I have no idea at all what's going on. As I said before, much can be distorted if you dig deep enough.

I'm not doubting that it technically went down as you said, what I'm saying is that you claiming Kessler ducked Green in the typical sense is a stretch

You admitted it yourself that it's a glass full/empty scenario.

Anyway, you're obviously on a role with Ash and TC, so I'll just agree to disagree with you.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013