Old 04-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #316
bulij
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
Title or no title, Green is the only fighter bringing "name" boxers to Australia.

Like it or not, no one had to go through the Argie phone book to find out
where Tarver's from.

Look past the title, look past the ages and accept it for what it is.

One of our own versus a former world champion with a pretty good resume'.
Yes your right its just a shame that Kats,Geale and Vic who are fighting current champs and in there backyard don't get any coverage.
bulij is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #317
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Exactly.

On the one hand, before the fight you had an article in which Green stated that Flores asked for more money and they offered him incentives to come in under 200lbs, on the other you have Flores commenting on his facebook page that there were no weight restrictions, then his whining after the fight that there were weight restrictions and then started questioning Green's drink.

Like RJJ - before the fight, all was good - after losing the fight it was illegal handrwaps, illegal punches, etc.

As soon as you see multiple excuses being used after a fighter loses, you know he's reaching.
The way i look at the whole hand wrap scenario is..... If there had been a problem with the hand wraps, there is no way on Earth someone of Jones' stature would have just agreed to fight just becuase he didnt want to upset the fans. I had huge repect for Roy, even after Greeny gave him a towelling, He handled himself well in the post fight interview etc, but then to come out and make absurd claims like that was pretty low
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #318
bulij
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
The way i look at the whole hand wrap scenario is..... If there had been a problem with the hand wraps, there is no way on Earth someone of Jones' stature would have just agreed to fight just becuase he didnt want to upset the fans. I had huge repect for Roy, even after Greeny gave him a towelling, He handled himself well in the post fight interview etc, but then to come out and make absurd claims like that was pretty low
They all do it when they lose Roy , Bj ,Greenie and mandy
Handwraps,funny water,weight drained and "I took him too lightly"
its just boxing..........
bulij is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #319
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
Title or no title, Green is the only fighter bringing "name" boxers to Australia.

Like it or not, no one had to go through the Argie phone book to find out
where Tarver's from.

Look past the title, look past the ages and accept it for what it is.

One of our own versus a former world champion with a pretty good resume'.
If thats the case then phildrid why not put DannyBoy upto Heavyweight and bring out George Foreman dont fck about with Tarver, Foremans fought Muhamad Ali Brutha! and OMFG you want to talk about Resume's thats a good one right there.

Or hows about bring Tyson out for a 6 rounder with DannyBoy?

He might not have went through the phone book but he also isnt going through the ACTIVE WBA, WBC, IBF ratings directory either, he is plucking over the hill, inactive has beens and trying to inflate his ego and Milk the public at the same time, something i just cant respect. He gave up winning real titles when he retired, what he is doing now is just bullsht.

Next we will see Mundine bring out Sugar Ray Leonard for a fight.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #320
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulij View Post
Agreed, it's a sport that requires immense self-confidence, which usually means a massive ego is attached.

But I think RJJ continuing to moan about it well and truly after the event was pretty low (and desperate), and I lost a lot of respect for him for that.

Same with B-Hops claiming he'd never lose to a white boy and then fighting Calzaghe so negatively and whining afterwards about the SD ruling. He whinged non-stop after both Taylor fights too.

Can't hack a whinger.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #321
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

So did RJJ already know he was going to get knocked out and devised the Wraps as an escape route? oh how cleaver.. jesus you guys have some imagination. RJJ tells it like it is and imo the wraps were not in accordance with what RJJ is used to not to mention that particular wrap sets like plaster when its wet and Danny had his hands wrapped 2 hrs prior to the bout.

Its funny what RJJ did to DannyBoy, even more so how Dannyboy was going to sue Sports & Combat Australia, i guess its filed with his courtcase against NSW boxing for not sanctioning the Briggs fight. Danny wants to sue because they did an investigation, how dare they investigate Morphine head DannyBoy Green. Knocks out RJJ but cant knock out BJ flores? hahaha
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #322
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
So did RJJ already know he was going to get knocked out and devised the Wraps as an escape route? oh how cleaver.. jesus you guys have some imagination. RJJ tells it like it is and imo the wraps were not in accordance with what RJJ is used to not to mention that particular wrap sets like plaster when its wet and Danny had his hands wrapped 2 hrs prior to the bout.

Its funny what RJJ did to DannyBoy, even more so how Dannyboy was going to sue Sports & Combat Australia, i guess its filed with his courtcase against NSW boxing for not sanctioning the Briggs fight. Danny wants to sue because they did an investigation, how dare they investigate Morphine head DannyBoy Green. Knocks out RJJ but cant knock out BJ flores? hahaha
tc i think you have some really genuine issues that go much further than a pure indignation of green, has he done something to you personally in your life? some of the stuff you say is so completely irrational but you convince yourself to believe it , and dont say "oh i just tell it like it is im a straight shooter" because your not, you twist things and invent lies to make people look like they are the lowest grade of humans , i doubt you would say any of these things to dannys face so stop bitching about him with your own theories as to why everything he does is wrong
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #323
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:

The wraps were checked 4 times and passed each time are you saying that the entire NSW Boxing commission were all in on it. i think RJJ was just trying to stir up Green before the fight. Ty I agree the briggs fight was a sham the incentive he offered BJ was wrong but dont agree with RJJ fight just because someone doesn't agree with everything 100% doesn't automatically mean they are wrong and you are right on every little thing in boxing
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #324
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Well said dawsosj, after reading TitCunt's little self-testimonial about being a straight shooter who tells it like it us I really do think the little cunt is deluded - his little self-testimonials reek of explanations made up after the events, rather than ringing true.

One question about the Hamdan story TC - if you were such a good mate of his that your 'eyes welled up' when you saw him being spanked, why didn't you speak to him first instead of jumping onto the internet and posting that you thought he should retire?
Old 04-10-2011, 11:22 PM   #325
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulij View Post
Kostya never did it.Geale never did it.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #326
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

dawsosj - i tell you what ill do, If DannyBoy ever knocks on my door ill be sure to tell him what i think of him face to face ok? now could you please show exactly what ive twisted and what lies ive told? or would you like to take that one back

cedrichw - Roy didnt know about the wraps until after the fight, his camp didnt want to alarm him so he wasnt told about it whilst he was in the change rooms. My point being that its a bit of a long shot to claim he has pre-meditated his excuses if he should loose which is what some imply. If those wraps set like plaster they are illegal. You can go buy a box from the pharmacy and put water on it and see for yourself. DannyBoy was protected on that occasion imo and hasnt used that same wrap since, thus he was able to knockout RJJ with loaded wraps and unable to hurt BJ flores on any occasion. Thats just my view on it.

Brua, i dont talk to Nader every night before i go to bed and i wasnt aware i needed to get permission from him before i write my personal opnion of an issue on an internet forum.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #327
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

are you sure you wont take an avo out on danny just in case?
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #328
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Brua, i dont talk to Nader every night before i go to bed and i wasnt aware i needed to get permission from him before i write my personal opnion of an issue on an internet forum.
Yet you don't seem to understand that someone you were so close to that 'your eyes welled up' at him being beaten could become upset by your suggestions that he should retire and consider him a thug now because of said reaction.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #329
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

this topic is being ruined.

too much childish rubbish.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #330
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
are you sure you wont take an avo out on danny just in case?
How do you know i havent already got one on him
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum