Old 04-11-2011, 12:50 AM   #331
patrick
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
If thats the case then phildrid why not put DannyBoy upto Heavyweight and bring out George Foreman dont fck about with Tarver, Foremans fought Muhamad Ali Brutha! and OMFG you want to talk about Resume's thats a good one right there.

Or hows about bring Tyson out for a 6 rounder with DannyBoy?

He might not have went through the phone book but he also isnt going through the ACTIVE WBA, WBC, IBF ratings directory either, he is plucking over the hill, inactive has beens and trying to inflate his ego and Milk the public at the same time, something i just cant respect. He gave up winning real titles when he retired, what he is doing now is just bullsht.

Next we will see Mundine bring out Sugar Ray Leonard for a fight.

Ty, sometimes I get the feeling that you won't be happy until they put on Manny V Floyd on within walking distance of your place.

Even then I reckon you'd find a reason to complain.

Like I said, I accept it for what it is, if you can't well too bad.

Regarding the Phillrid bit, I know who I am and I know who I'm not!
patrick is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2011, 12:59 AM   #332
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
Ty, sometimes I get the feeling that you won't be happy until they put on Manny V Floyd on within walking distance of your place.

Even then I reckon you'd find a reason to complain.

Like I said, I accept it for what it is, if you can't well too bad.

Regarding the Phillrid bit, I know who I am and I know who I'm not!
Manny v Floyd make me Verry Happy!

I accept it for what it is and its exactly why im telling it like it is. Honestly though what do you think about Big Daddy G Foreman coming to Aussie and fighting Danny? And what do you think Mundines chances would be of getting Sugar Ray Leonard to our shores for a fight?

And dont get upset about the Philrid comment, i actually wrote Phildrid, not Philrid as its wrote on ABF, dont give yourself away now buddie
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #333
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz
buster007 is online now  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 01:35 AM   #334
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 10151

Just on the wraps issue Danny had no problems with the officials when fighting with those wraps on the undercard of RJJ v Lacy card in the states.
Now back to the topic of Green v Tarver I'm intrigued to see if Tarver will really give it everything he's got or weather he's just coming for the pay cheque.
You would have to think that someone who was looking to fight one of the Klits would be more than confident of taking Danny out and if that Tarver shows up it will be a great fight and i think Danny would be a big chance to be the 1st person to stop him,alternatively if Tarver is just here for the cash it could be a boring fight with Antonio on the back foot for most of the rds.
Will be interesting to see how it pans out especially as Tarver will have a reach and height advantage and he's still got some pop however he tends to fight in short spurts these days and once he feels he's done enough for the rd he takes the rest of the rd off so Danny will have to keep the pressure on to capitalize on that.
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 02:49 AM   #335
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Just on the wraps issue Danny had no problems with the officials when fighting with those wraps on the undercard of RJJ v Lacy card in the states
And the fight with BJ Flores was at 200LB, anything else we have missed MrInsider haha
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 02:54 AM   #336
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

can we get past the rubbish for a little while, lol.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #337
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Future Green Perth bouts in doubt:

Danny's Perth question mark

by Simon White - W.A. Today - April 12th 2011

Danny Green says he doesn't know if he will fight in front of his home town fans in Perth again, but definitely has no plans for his July clash with Antonio Tarver being his last bout.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Green told WAtoday.com.au that Perth would have been his first preference for the Sydney-based Tarver fight but logistics and economics made it unworkable.

"I don't know (about future Perth fights). If I could I'd have every fight in Perth. I would have loved to have fought Tarver here,'' Green said.

"But my last three fights in Perth, I've sacrificed significant amounts of money both in the size of the crowd and the pay-per-view audience.

"It's not just economics. I don't have any trouble putting bread and butter on the table for my kids.

"(Antonio Tarver's camp) want to have the fight in Sydney, so it wasn't all up to me. I've also got a big fan-base Australia-wide.''

Green, who was retired between March 2008 and April 2009, will be fighting for the first time since a January emergency appendectomy when he takes on Tarver.

"I might wake up in the morning and suddenly say 'I don't want to do this anymore.' But I don't think that is going to happen,'' the 38-year-old said.

"As long as people still have respect for me and there is the demand out there from people to see me fight, I'll keep going.''
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #338
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post

"I don't know (about future Perth fights). If I could I'd have every fight in Perth. I would have loved to have fought Tarver here,'' Green said.

"But my last three fights in Perth, I've sacrificed significant amounts of money both in the size of the crowd and the pay-per-view audience.

"It's not just economics. I don't have any trouble putting bread and butter on the table for my kids.

"(Antonio Tarver's camp) want to have the fight in Sydney, so it wasn't all up to me. I've also got a big fan-base Australia-wide.''
His last three fights, Siaca, Briggs, BJ Flores. I think when you sacrifice quality over quantity the result will always be the same, i guess it took them a few times to get it right. And if the concern is money, what he says in the next sentence about putting bread and butter on the table makes no sence what so ever. If money isnt an issue then we are lead to belive that Tarver is calling the shots

Quote:

"I might wake up in the morning and suddenly say 'I don't want to do this anymore.' But I don't think that is going to happen,'' the 38-year-old said.

"As long as people still have respect for me and there is the demand out there from people to see me fight, I'll keep going.''
I think Dannyboys been hit around the head a bit to often or that doctor took some brain cells out when he took the apendix He has already forgot that he woke up one morning in 2008 and retired.

Quote:
TEARFULLY ending his professional boxing career, world light heavyweight champion Danny Green said no amount of money could tempt him to reverse a decision to quit made after an early-morning Easter Sunday "epiphany"

"I woke up at 1am Sunday morning with my stomach churning, and it was telling me to hang up my gloves basically,'' Green said.

"You won't see me come back. I am turning down millions and millions of dollars,'' Green said.

"My decision is not financially based, it is based on myself, my family and friends and what I have to offer the community in the future.
This guy is worse than a politican, more flip flops than a thong shop.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #339
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Oh and have a look at this DannyBoy

Quote:
Date: April 12 2011

Brad Walter

Anthony Mundine's manager Khoder Nasser has defended the decision to hold tomorrow night's rematch with Garth Wood in Brisbane by revealing that the fight was already more profitable than their previous fight at Acer Arena. While Mundine has kept an unusually low profile in the lead-up to what has become one of the most important fights of his career, a war of words has erupted between Nasser and Wood's manager Mike Karigiannis over the venue for the bout and a cancelled press conference yesterday. Karigiannis told the Herald Wood had not been given enough notice to attend the press conference, and accused the Mundine camp of a ''lack of respect''. He also said the fight should be in Sydney. But Nasser said the bout was already more commercially successful than the December 8 bout in which Wood shocked Mundine to deliver a fifth-round KO. ''The indications are that this bout is already ahead of the previous fight in terms of gates receipts and commercial side of things, and pay TV is tracking about the same with more than 24 hours to go,'' Nasser said.
someones not telling the truth.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 12:13 AM   #340
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

**** this nonsense off for christ sake.

bloody 2 year old some of the rubbish.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:19 AM   #341
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

well the dumb **** shouldnt have said sht in todays media that he said 2 yrs ago then and i wouldnt be digging it up as a cross refrence to what he has said today. The bloke is a fair dinkum Unit. Read it and Weep! hahaha
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #342
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

****ing nit-picking every minute comment, word etc. from years ago.

****ing anti. it just amazes me how much time and effort is put into a boxer u dislike so much.

if i was to put that much effort in i'd at least use it to talk about somebody i like ffs.

just shows what a miserable ***** people like u r i suppose.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:44 AM   #343
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

its pretty effortless for me tbh Buster. Been working on computers for yrs now, touch type and google search sufficently, it aint nothing but a breeze in the wind lol

If a bloke says Red is Red in 2008 then the same bloke says Red is now Green in 2011, its relevant to the conversation and is mearly pointing out how much of a hypocrite the person is. What else would you call it? Oh thats right... "nit-picking"

please contuine your undevoted love for DannyBoy.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 12:51 AM   #344
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

every second post, not just that one.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #345
zelky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Buster the "Ignore" button is your friend.

i.e if you don't want to read ****, put the users who's **** you don't want to read on ignore.

You have a choice...and do not have to even see the posts.
zelky is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum