Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #91
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post


Kessler ducked Green in 2004.

Adamek is now a HVY.

Briggs was at LHW when Green was at SMW.
1. Thats a load of shit, i provided Kessler footage to Greens camp at that time, and not longafter taht footage was obtained the fight "fell through"

2. So was Antonio Tarver in his last fight

3. He was only a SM because he was chasing choc around for a massive pay day and schooling, Then went on to claim he was never a real SMW and that his best weight is light heavy, why wasnt he lining up to figth briggs at that stage
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #92
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 75
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Adamek is fighting Vitali Klitasaurus in Poland... I don't think he'd give that up to come back down in weight.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #93
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
1. Thats a load of shit, i provided Kessler footage to Greens camp at that time, and not longafter taht footage was obtained the fight "fell through"

2. So was Antonio Tarver in his last fight

3. He was only a SM because he was chasing choc around for a massive pay day and schooling, Then went on to claim he was never a real SMW and that his best weight is light heavy, why wasnt he lining up to figth briggs at that stage
1. Oh yeah?

"25 year-old Kessler had been directed by the WBC to face Green in Perth on December 12, but declined. His promoter Mogens Palle claiming some inconsistencies with the WBC purse bid. 31 year-old Green was unconcerned that Kessler has gone from pulling out of a tough WBC eliminator in a foreign land to getting a crack at the WBA title in his home country.

"It doesn't affect me, so therefore it doesn't worry me," Green 19-1 (1 told SecondsOut after an early morning workout with trainer Jeff Fenech. "Fair and square, Green Machine Promotions won the purse bid. He doesn't have the courage to come and fight me 'Downunder'. There is a chance that we will fight again in the future in an even bigger fight. Then we will see.""

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Do you think Adamek is interested in coming back down to CW or LHW when he's aiming for a big $$$ vs one (or both) of the Klits?

3. In other words, Green was at SMW when Briggs was at LHW, right?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #94
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
1. Oh yeah?

"25 year-old Kessler had been directed by the WBC to face Green in Perth on December 12, but declined. His promoter Mogens Palle claiming some inconsistencies with the WBC purse bid. 31 year-old Green was unconcerned that Kessler has gone from pulling out of a tough WBC eliminator in a foreign land to getting a crack at the WBA title in his home country.

"It doesn't affect me, so therefore it doesn't worry me," Green 19-1 (1 told SecondsOut after an early morning workout with trainer Jeff Fenech. "Fair and square, Green Machine Promotions won the purse bid. He doesn't have the courage to come and fight me 'Downunder'. There is a chance that we will fight again in the future in an even bigger fight. Then we will see.""

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Do you think Adamek is interested in coming back down to CW or LHW when he's aiming for a big $$$ vs one (or both) of the Klits?

3. In other words, Green was at SMW when Briggs was at LHW, right?
1. Dont beleive everything you read on the internet mate, According to the internet and papers BJ flores was given the choice of coming in under the cruser limit by Danny with a pay bonus, But BJ has emphatically denied this and says he was told in no uncertain terms, to get down to that weight or the fight would be off.

2. I wouldn't expect Adamek to come down and fight Green, why would he when he is chasing the Klits, just pointing out Tarver was a heavy in his last fight

3. Yes, that is correct, But you cant have your cake and eat it too, Green whinged he lost against choc cause of the weight being a problem and that Super Middle was never his proper weight, yet he campaigned there for many many years and you are reinforcing that he was a super middle, To be honest i think he would have destroyed Briggs in his prime too, but im also sure it would have lasted longer than the 29 second debacle
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #95
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
1. Dont beleive everything you read on the internet mate,
You mean like this?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
1. Thats a load of shit, i provided Kessler footage to Greens camp at that time, and not longafter taht footage was obtained the fight "fell through"


Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
2. I wouldn't expect Adamek to come down and fight Green, why would he when he is chasing the Klits, just pointing out Tarver was a heavy in his last fight
Your point was in reply to my point, which in turn was in reply to the post asking why Green wasn't trying to fight Adamek. The answer is because Adamek is now campaigning at heavyweight. Your point was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
3. Yes, that is correct, But you cant have your cake and eat it too, Green whinged he lost against choc cause of the weight being a problem and that Super Middle was never his proper weight, yet he campaigned there for many many years and you are reinforcing that he was a super middle, To be honest i think he would have destroyed Briggs in his prime too, but im also sure it would have lasted longer than the 29 second debacle
Was Briggs ever at LHW at the same time that Green was? If not, there is your answer - Green never fought Briggs because they weren't in the same weight class. Forget your prejudices and assumptions of what I'm doing for a minute.

The more of your posts I read the more I see that and TitCunt are the same
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #96
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
You mean like this?:







Your point was in reply to my point, which in turn was in reply to the post asking why Green wasn't trying to fight Adamek. The answer is because Adamek is now campaigning at heavyweight. Your point was?



Was Briggs ever at LHW at the same time that Green was? If not, there is your answer - Green never fought Briggs because they weren't in the same weight class. Forget your prejudices and assumptions of what I'm doing for a minute.

The more of your posts I read the more I see that and TitCunt are the same
On the first point, I can guarentee you I know more about it than you do.

My point was, tarver is campaigning at heavy too, he has said he wants to win the heavy world title, Yet that hasn't stopped Greeny calling him out, Whats stopping him calling Adamek out?

Yes, Green fought, Jason Delisle, Otis Griffin and Paul Murdoch (all at Light heavy) when Briggs was still an active Light Heavy
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #97
Predator
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chinchecker Headquarters, Geneva
Posts: 1,745
vCash: 500
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Will the Buzz Cut make Tarver weight 195?
Predator is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #98
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,963
vCash: 75
Default Re: green v tarver is on

this fight is getting some U.S interest.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


When former light heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver and Australian cruiserweight contender Danny Green could not come to terms to meet last fall, Tarver instead moved up to fight at heavyweight, where he turned in a shaky performance in a decision against Nagy Aguilera in October. Green, meanwhile outpointed American B.J. Flores in November.
But with Tarver's opportunities limited at heavyweight and Green vowing to return after a medical scare forced him to have his appendix and a large abscess removed earlier this year, the two reached agreement to fight each other.
They will meet July 20 at the Sydney Entertainment Centre in Australia, they announced at a news conference on Tuesday.
The 38-year-old Green (31-3, 27 KOs), who will defend his minor cruiserweight belt, has won 10 consecutive fights since a decision loss to countryman Anthony Mundine in a 2006 super middleweight title eliminator. Among Green's victims during his streak: Roy Jones Jr., whom he knocked out in the first round in December 2009.
Tarver (28-6, 19 KOs) and Jones share their own deep history. After losing a light heavyweight title fight to Jones in 2003, Tarver scored a massive upset by knocking Jones out in the second round in the immediate rematch in 2004. In the 2005 rubber match, Tarver dominated Jones en route a decision win.
"He is a future Hall of Famer. If I can defeat Antonio Tarver it's another massive feather in my cap," Green said during the announcement. "I think this is a much harder fight than Roy Jones. I see this as a harder challenge as far as height, reach and his awkwardness and power. He's a more powerful puncher than Roy Jones was."
Tarver, who is 42 and will be fighting at cruiserweight for the first time, will be fighting for only the second time since a clear decision loss to Chad Dawson in their May 2009 light heavyweight title rematch.
"I'm ready to show the people that I'm not a washed-up, over-the-hill fighter," said Tarver, who appeared at the news conference via satellite link from his hometown of Orlando, Fla. "If there was a time where I got knocked out and beat up in the ring, it would be time to hang them up. I see young fighters that have more wear and tear than I do. I preserve myself, I take care of myself.
"I think a lot of people underestimate Danny, but you can all rest assured that come July, I'm not only going to finish Danny Green, but I'm gonna put on a show that you won't forget," he said.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #99
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,762
vCash: 1166
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
On the first point, I can guarentee you I know more about it than you do.

My point was, tarver is campaigning at heavy too, he has said he wants to win the heavy world title, Yet that hasn't stopped Greeny calling him out, Whats stopping him calling Adamek out?

Yes, Green fought, Jason Delisle, Otis Griffin and Paul Murdoch (all at Light heavy) when Briggs was still an active Light Heavy
u know alot huh?

u should have known that tarver was only going to fight at heavy to try and get lucky and get a big payday vs a klit, not because he thought he would beat him.

u should also know that adamek is all but guarenteed a fight with a klit, so he wouldn't need to fight green. and adamek has a much much better chance of a victory vs a klit than tarver, albeit he is unlikely to beat a klit.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #100
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
You mean like this?:




Was Briggs ever at LHW at the same time that Green was? If not, there is your answer - Green never fought Briggs because they weren't in the same weight class. Forget your prejudices and assumptions of what I'm doing for a minute.

The more of your posts I read the more I see that and TitCunt are the same

IBM

I think that you will find that Green fought quite a few times in 01, 02, 04, 06 and 07 at LHW Briggs fought from 01 to 07 as a LHW I Know he fought out side these dates as well but these were the same times that they were both fighting at the same weight. not taking sides just stating facts
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #101
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
u know alot huh?

u should have known that tarver was only going to fight at heavy to try and get lucky and get a big payday vs a klit, not because he thought he would beat him.

u should also know that adamek is all but guarenteed a fight with a klit, so he wouldn't need to fight green. and adamek has a much much better chance of a victory vs a klit than tarver, albeit he is unlikely to beat a klit.
True mate, And Adamek has a much better chance of Beating Green than Tarver, another reason that fight would never happen
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #102
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,762
vCash: 1166
Default Re: green v tarver is on

adamek would be a tough night for king kong, lol.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #103
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
adamek would be a tough night for king kong, lol.
Agreed, would have loved to see him and Green, Makings of a truly great fight
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #104
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,963
vCash: 75
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
On the first point, I can guarentee you I know more about it than you do.

My point was, tarver is campaigning at heavy too, he has said he wants to win the heavy world title, Yet that hasn't stopped Greeny calling him out, Whats stopping him calling Adamek out?

Yes, Green fought, Jason Delisle, Otis Griffin and Paul Murdoch (all at Light heavy) when Briggs was still an active Light Heavy
i remember Green-Murdoch.luckily they had a replay of
Hatton-Collazo on that card.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:31 PM   #105
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: green v tarver is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
i remember Green-Murdoch.luckily they had a replay of
Hatton-Collazo on that card.
But now you see why he could never fight briggs years ago mate, He had to Fight Murdoch, its the fight the public truly wanted and what a gem of a fight it was, all 1 and a bit rounds of it
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013