Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 04-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #106
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: green v tarver is on

I dislike the Greeny BS as much as anyone BUT whether the fight is at 200 or 190 will not be detrimental to Tarver. Tarver is clearly not a heavyweight, he looked fat in his last fight. Imo Tarver at 185/190 would be his best weight these days.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 12:38 AM   #107
sk83

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post

Kessler ducked Green in 2004.

Adamek is now a HVY.

Briggs was at LHW when Green was at SMW.
Green was ranked top ten light heavy when briggs was at his prime but stepped down to chase mundine, great division early 2000s but green steered away. not sure what weight he beat lucas at but he should've been chasing these guys then. Was unaware bout kessler ducking him, just want to see him in a war. Thought after the criticism from briggs fight he might challenge a younger fighter(no disrespect to tarver) but you'd assume he's not what he once was.
sk83 is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 12:39 AM   #108
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Beat Lucas at 168lbs, in Montreal.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 01:21 AM   #109
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
On the first point, I can guarentee you I know more about it than you do.

My point was, tarver is campaigning at heavy too, he has said he wants to win the heavy world title, Yet that hasn't stopped Greeny calling him out, Whats stopping him calling Adamek out?

Yes, Green fought, Jason Delisle, Otis Griffin and Paul Murdoch (all at Light heavy) when Briggs was still an active Light Heavy
Briggs was lining up to rematch Adamek for the WBC LHW title when Green fought De Lisle for the IBF Pan Pac LHW and PABA LHW titles.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is the PABA not associated with the WBA, and winning it by beating De Lisle gave Green the opportunity to eventually fight Drews for the WBA LHW title?

Meanwhile, after losing to Adamek in the rematch, Briggs set his sights on the IBF LHW title by fighting van Aswegen for the vacant IBF Australiasian LHW title.

After beating van Aswegen, Briggs disappeared from the scene, although he never officially retired, and never fought again until the dismal Green match.

So tell me what Briggs had that Green would have been interested in at that time?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 01:22 AM   #110
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
IBM

I think that you will find that Green fought quite a few times in 01, 02, 04, 06 and 07 at LHW Briggs fought from 01 to 07 as a LHW I Know he fought out side these dates as well but these were the same times that they were both fighting at the same weight. not taking sides just stating facts
Oh absolutley ced, Green fought many of his non-title fights above SMW, but he was campaigning at SMW for a world title, and didn't really start campaiging for a title at LHW until after he lost to Mundine, and in my previous post I've explained the timeline in regards to him and Briggs.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #111
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Briggs was lining up to rematch Adamek for the WBC LHW title when Green fought De Lisle for the IBF Pan Pac LHW and PABA LHW titles.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is the PABA not associated with the WBA, and winning it by beating De Lisle gave Green the opportunity to eventually fight Drews for the WBA LHW title?

Meanwhile, after losing to Adamek in the rematch, Briggs set his sights on the IBF LHW title by fighting van Aswegen for the vacant IBF Australiasian LHW title.

After beating van Aswegen, Briggs disappeared from the scene, although he never officially retired, and never fought again until the dismal Green match.

So tell me what Briggs had that Green would have been interested in at that time?
Come on mate, you said before "Was Briggs ever at LHW at the same time that Green was? If not, there is your answer - Green never fought Briggs because they weren't in the same weight class. Forget your prejudices and assumptions of what I'm doing for a minute." implying that he didnt and thats why they never meet, now you bring other excuses into the mix.

They were as you said on different courses, but why then decide to fight Briggs last year, especially after NSW canned the fight?
He had a lot more Green would have been interested in back then rather than by the time he fought a shell of Briggs last year, am i right?

Even Mundine rejected a fight with Briggs before Greeny took him on
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #112
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk83 View Post
Green was ranked top ten light heavy when briggs was at his prime but stepped down to chase mundine, great division early 2000s but green steered away. not sure what weight he beat lucas at but he should've been chasing these guys then. Was unaware bout kessler ducking him, just want to see him in a war. Thought after the criticism from briggs fight he might challenge a younger fighter(no disrespect to tarver) but you'd assume he's not what he once was.
While Green had fought several times above the SMW limit at that point, he held no LHW titles, and Briggs was right in the middle of his campaign to secure a rematch with Adamek for the WBC LHW world title.

Green fought and beat Lucas at 168lbs, as it was for Lucas' interim WBC SMW title.

There was never any serious talk of Green and Briggs facing each other back at this time - they had had a fiery sparring session, but each of them was on a completely different path to the other, and a potential match up between them was never really mentioned or discussed.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #113
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

Kessler ducked Green in 2004.

Adamek is now a HVY.

Briggs was at LHW when Green was at SMW.
Please let me know how Kessled ducked Green?

And try to keep on topic
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 01:31 AM   #114
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Come on mate, you said before "did Green ever fight at LHW at the same time as Briggs" implying that he didnt and thats why they never meet, now you bring other excuses into the mix.

They were as you said on different courses, but why then decide to fight Briggs last year, especially after NSW canned the fight?
He had a lot more Green would have been interested in back then rather than by the time he fought a shell of Briggs last year, am i right?

Even Mundine rejected a fight with Briggs before Greeny took him on
Look yourself mate, you've taken umbrage at 3 things I said in reply to a previous poster, now you're clutching onto this one thing because your other points were just typical anti-Green whining.

Okay, my hands are up, Green was fighting at LHW at the same time as Briggs was - Green had 3 fights at LHW during the same period Briggs had 2 fights at LHW - one of which was the Adamek rematch, the other the van Aswegen fight.

You tell me why Briggs wasn't calling Green out during this period since you know so much
Old 04-07-2011, 01:34 AM   #115
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Look yourself mate, you've taken umbrage at 3 things I said in reply to a previous poster, now you're clutching onto this one thing because your other points were just typical anti-Green whining.

Okay, my hands are up, Green was fighting at LHW at the same time as Briggs was - Green had 3 fights at LHW during the same period Briggs had 2 fights at LHW - one of which was the Adamek rematch, the other the van Aswegen fight.

You tell me why Briggs wasn't calling Green out during this period since you know so much
My other 2 points were not anti Green whinging, I dont have any problems with Green and wish him all teh best, But where is your proof Kessler was "Ducking" Green?
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 01:35 AM   #116
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post

And try to keep on topic
by choosing to fight Siaca for the full WBA belt in Denmark
instead of Green in for his interim WBC belt in Australia.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 01:38 AM   #117
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post

And try to keep on topic
**** off and read on - maybe if you'd had an interest in boxing prior to jumping on Mundine's bandwagon in 2008 you might have half an idea.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:40 AM   #118
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
**** off and read on - maybe if you'd had an interest in boxing prior to jumping on Mundine's bandwagon in 2008 you might have half an idea.
So do you want me to **** off....or read on

Still waiting on the answer IBM?
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 01:41 AM   #119
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Oh absolutley ced, Green fought many of his non-title fights above SMW, but he was campaigning at SMW for a world title, and didn't really start campaiging for a title at LHW until after he lost to Mundine, and in my previous post I've explained the timeline in regards to him and Briggs.
IBM

I agree that they were on different paths the question was did they fight at the same weight at the same time, I saw them spar and thats as close as we got to see them both at there best so i am happy with that But just to see both at there peaks fighting at LHW would have been a sight thats all
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2011, 01:42 AM   #120
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
My other 2 points were not anti Green whinging, I dont have any problems with Green and wish him all teh best, But where is your proof Kessler was "Ducking" Green?
Quote:
"25 year-old Kessler had been directed by the WBC to face Green in Perth on December 12, but declined. His promoter Mogens Palle claiming some inconsistencies with the WBC purse bid. 31 year-old Green was unconcerned that Kessler has gone from pulling out of a tough WBC eliminator in a foreign land to getting a crack at the WBA title in his home country.

"It doesn't affect me, so therefore it doesn't worry me," Green 19-1 (1 told SecondsOut after an early morning workout with trainer Jeff Fenech. "Fair and square, Green Machine Promotions won the purse bid. He doesn't have the courage to come and fight me 'Downunder'. There is a chance that we will fight again in the future in an even bigger fight. Then we will see.""

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
To the other clowns having a hard time understanding, the Green vs Kessler fight went to purse bids, both parties submitted bids, with Fenech winning. Palle then spat the dummy and claimed he would take the WBC to court because he believed the WBC had let Fenech know what his bid was so Fenech could submit a higher bid. Palle then withdrew Mads L****n and substituted Kessler for him to fight Siaca for the WBA SMW title.

Palle didn't pursue legal action against the WBC.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum