Old 04-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #92
naldo marshal
heavyweight champ
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Green~vs~tarver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Yep Greeny is no better than Clinton Woods really. It could very well end up a similar type of result. I don't really see a stoppage for either guy.
u meant Decision or Draw???
naldo marshal is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #93
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
It will be a good fight IMO but Vea will cop a schooling....it will be a good demonstration of the gap between average and good....we ain't seen great yet

The good thing about the CW division is some of the guys under 10 fightes are better than the guys with 20 fights...this makes for some great matched

prob right about vea coppin a schoolin..vea is a walk up kinda fighter, Interesting to see if cameron can get the ko at cruiserweight ..been a while!

not expecting to much from amman and pitt ...amman will just to enough to try and last , pitt will eaither win easy on points or win by mid/late stoppage - amman has heart but outa his depth on this 1.. good step up for pitt
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #94
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by naldo marshal View Post
u meant Decision or Draw???
Eh ? I don't see either Green or Tarver stopping each other in their fight. Whoever wins will win by decision imo.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #95
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Eh ? I don't see either Green or Tarver stopping each other in their fight. Whoever wins will win by decision imo.

not a bad prediction.. i rekon green will be cautious of tarver for first 3/4 or so but trying to contain centre by coming forward alot to make tarver move alot.. this fight can go either way imo...

how much has tarver got left to offer at what u would call a ( A to B class) level ... and green does have alot of expection on his shoulders- he loses its the end of the ride of his comeback !

ps i think he would do more for oz boxing in retirement than the rubish he is putting up now- good work for bringing out tarver - still pissed about briggs fight and a few others
Old 04-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #96
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
not a bad prediction.. i rekon green will be cautious of tarver for first 3/4 or so but trying to contain centre by coming forward alot to make tarver move alot.. this fight can go either way imo...

how much has tarver got left to offer at what u would call a ( A to B class) level ... and green does have alot of expection on his shoulders- he loses its the end of the ride of his comeback !

ps i think he would do more for oz boxing in retirement than the rubish he is putting up now- good work for bringing out tarver - still pissed about briggs fight and a few others
Even if Green is beaten by Tarver i don't necessarily think he would retire. He might decide to milk some more $$$ out of his fans, maybe have a farewell type fight. For the fans of course.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #97
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Tarver throws down gauntlet to Green and detractors

by Daniel Lane - May 1st 2011

HALL OF FAME-bound boxer Antonio Tarver has challenged the critics who have lambasted his coming world title bout with Danny Green because they'd labelled him too old and inactive to be ringside and witness a war he vowed would shock Australia.

Tarver, voted by Ring magazine as one of the great light heavyweights, said his credentials meant he has no need to justify his right to contest Green's IBO cruiserweight crown. The 42-year-old, who starred with Sylvester Stallone in Rocky Balboa, has fought four times since 2007.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

''I am taking this fight seriously, this is one of the biggest fights of my career,'' the southpaw told The Sun-Herald of his July 20 showdown at the Sydney Entertainment Centre.

''I'm at the other side now where people are doubting me and saying I shouldn't be fighting any more show me a fighter who has dominated me? Outside of a bad loss to Bernard Hopkins it hasn't happened! I don't understand how they rank me but they've underestimated me all my career. That's why I fight with a bittersweet taste in my mouth.

''Normally when young fighters come through they get knocked out and hurt along the way. They take an enormous amount of punishment in their youth and have nothing left as they grow older, but that's not the case with me I've always been a superb defensive fighter, so whoever thinks I will be stationary target for Danny Green will get a surprise.

''I've never had a cut. I've never had a broken nose and the only reason I suffered an accidental broken jaw against Eric Harding was because I had a faulty mouthpiece in that fight. I've never been hurt or almost out on my feet. I'm squeaky clean. The hardest thing Danny Green is going to deal with is when he throws a punch he's taking a serious risk of being hit. He's fighting a masterful boxer, a guy who has been at the top of the trade, and a fighter who knows all the tricks.''

Tarver, who was the first person to KO Roy Jones jnr, saw Green humiliate Jones in the opening round of their bout in 2009, and acknowledged he was a definite threat. However, he warned he possessed the weapons and the nous required to triumph.

''I'm training for a war,'' he said. ''I know Danny Green is a proud fighter and he has a lot to fight for. He's also in his home country; it's going to be hard to take that title from him - he's not going to be willing to give it up. I'm going to have to put on one of my greatest performances to take that title. I'm going to have to take some bumps, I'm preparing for that, I might even have to get up off the canvas, but I won't be denied.

''I'll be ready for whatever Danny Green has. I'm physically strong, I'll punch hard, my jab will be effective, my defence will be outstanding. And what will break him is when he's throwing those wild overhand rights and those hooks and he's feeling nothing but air. That's when he's going to get frustrated.''

Green welcomed news of Tarver's intent. ''I need to be at my absolute best otherwise I'll lose the fight, I know that, '' he said. ''I will need to be in my best shape of my life because if I don't do the homework as I did for Roy Jones I will lose this fight. He's much harder to read than Jones, that's what makes him so difficult while Jones had blinding speed, Tarver seems heavy handed; he's hard to hit and can throw shots from all over the place.''
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #98
naldo marshal
heavyweight champ
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff View Post
Green decision, wouldn't care if there was an upset though.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #99
naldo marshal
heavyweight champ
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollox View Post
Green should hammer a 42 year old largely inactive fighter whose never fought at cruiser and therefore shouldn't be fighting for a 'title'. Green by decision and it'll be yet another hollow win blown out of all proportion. 10 year younger and Tarver sends Green into orbit
Old 05-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #100
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Hall of Fame bound Tarver?! **** me
teke is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #101
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Hall of Fame bound Tarver?! **** me

Nice to see a boxing related post from you Teke - most unusual - and judging by it's content you'd be better off sticking to the NRL thread.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #102
Darkshark
Just another Newbie
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
It will be a good fight IMO but Vea will cop a schooling....it will be a good demonstration of the gap between average and good....we ain't seen great yet

The good thing about the CW division is some of the guys under 10 fightes are better than the guys with 20 fights...this makes for some great matched
Yeah Cameron will probably deal with Vea. Probably.
I just can't get the thought out of my mind that Vea will find a home for his straight right on Camerons chin if he throws it.
Should be a good scrap anyway with these guys coming forward the way they do.
Darkshark is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #103
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

I reckon Tua killed Cameron's confidence which is why he's looked so crap at CW - he's more cautious now than he was and I think he's suceptible to any big puncher.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 02:10 AM   #104
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
I reckon Tua killed Cameron's confidence which is why he's looked so crap at CW - he's more cautious now than he was and I think he's suceptible to any big puncher.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #105
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

and Tarver won't be hall of fame?
anyone that thinks not obv knows nothing about boxing
shiner is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum