Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #31
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Nick Diaz closing in on the p4p top 10?

My boy nick diaz has always been robbed from decisions victories over bums who just lay and pray or guys who use Nandrolone. UFC got rid of nick because dana thought he was a bad sportsman..... Nick is 3rd best welterweight in my opinion, 1) gsp 2) Shields 3) nick 4) Fitch
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2011, 12:09 AM   #32
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

after what i saw yesterday im more convinced than ever that diaz would have nothing to fear from bj penn.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 12:16 AM   #33
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
Indirectly, yes. When doing head to head match-ups, just because someone beat someone else doesn't mean they automatically defeat someone else. When ranking fighters, however, who they've beaten is of extreme importance.

Daley is a good win, but it is an accomplishment that Koscheck has also completed. Alves proven better than Koscheck by actually defeating him, and Fitch has a good string going for him that includes a win over Alves. You can make the argument that Diaz should be ranked near Koscheck, but I don't think he can put ahead of Fitch or Alves.
I do think the way you win also has a lot to do with how highly you rate a win. Koscheck beat Daley but by using Daley's biggest weakness versus his biggest strength. Diaz showed that he is better than Daley standing. Almost everyone in here was predicting either a sub by Diaz or a KO by Daley. This win, due to the type, would affect rankings more heavily than Koscheck's win, and I'm a big Kos fan.

I really want Diaz back in the UFC though. He has the personality of a sack of potatoes but he has to be growing a fanbase due to his being a strikeforce champ, fighting often, and finishing fights. If he takes on the tough challenges of the UFC WW division than he can get a lot closer to the money that is his obvious motivation. Hell, if he can beat GSP he can make a SHITLOAD of money, Zuffa owns both now so I think they should just let him go.

I like the poll in the show. 96% of people think SF fighters should fight UFC fighters. "co-promoting" is really not co-promoting at all if it is all the same company. Let the UFC champ fight the strikeforce tournament winner, I say, hell, let it be a strikeforce event and free for that matter!
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #34
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
after what i saw yesterday im more convinced than ever that diaz would have nothing to fear from bj penn.
John Fitch was supposed to have " no problems " with Penn , but he was nearly submitted twice .

With fighters as talented as Diaz and Penn you cannot just say " Diaz will have no problems with Penn " , one mistake with either fighter and its over , Penn is good enough to beat Diaz , Diaz is good enough to beat Penn , its a great match up , and a very fan friendly fight .

My personal opinion is that its a pick em
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #35
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
John Fitch was supposed to have " no problems " with Penn , but he was nearly submitted twice .

With fighters as talented as Diaz and Penn you cannot just say " Diaz will have no problems with Penn " , one mistake with either fighter and its over , Penn is good enough to beat Diaz , Diaz is good enough to beat Penn , its a great match up , and a very fan friendly fight .

My personal opinion is that its a pick em
i didnt say hed have "no problems" i said hed have nothing to fear.
of course anything can happen on the night but what i was implying is i dont see bj bringing anything that diaz wouldnt have an answer for or at least be able to nullify.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #36
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
i didnt say hed have "no problems" i said hed have nothing to fear.
of course anything can happen on the night but what i was implying is i dont see bj bringing anything that diaz wouldnt have an answer for or at least be able to nullify.
Yeah ok

Now Diaz is better than Penn in every department!!! Holy mother of jesus! This is getting worse than when after Couture beat Sylvia and Gonzaga and all of a sudden people were saying he would do the same to Fedor and Nog!

Look man, enough already. This shit is ridiculous! I actually enjoyed the Diaz fight, and was very impressed with him. But the truth is he has NEVER beaten anyone near the elite level of the sport. He has been dominated a crop of C-level, B-level at best, fighters.

I'm not saying he would definitely lose to Penn...I am saying he's definitely lose to GSP and Fitch. But to say that Nick Diaz would have an answer for everything Penn would throw at him is the height of ignorance. This is the guy that lost to Sanchez, Sherk, Riggs and Karo remember. Whether you think he was robbed or not, means shit because he wasn't able to do shit to them either and convincingly win. Penn sure was able to convincingly beat Sherk and Diego though wasn't he?
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #37
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
No he wasn't. Penn had his back twice, but he was never close to getting anything.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #38
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
No he wasn't. Penn had his back twice, but he was never close to getting anything.
He was a couple of minor movements away from catching Fitch with a RNC twice
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #39
1HitterQuitter
RUTHLESS BY LAW
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

wtf he should be on there already
1HitterQuitter is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #40
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
Yeah ok

Now Diaz is better than Penn in every department!!! Holy mother of jesus! This is getting worse than when after Couture beat Sylvia and Gonzaga and all of a sudden people were saying he would do the same to Fedor and Nog!

Look man, enough already. This shit is ridiculous! I actually enjoyed the Diaz fight, and was very impressed with him. But the truth is he has NEVER beaten anyone near the elite level of the sport. He has been dominated a crop of C-level, B-level at best, fighters.

I'm not saying he would definitely lose to Penn...I am saying he's definitely lose to GSP and Fitch. But to say that Nick Diaz would have an answer for everything Penn would throw at him is the height of ignorance. This is the guy that lost to Sanchez, Sherk, Riggs and Karo remember. Whether you think he was robbed or not, means shit because he wasn't able to do shit to them either and convincingly win. Penn sure was able to convincingly beat Sherk and Diego though wasn't he?
are you retarded?? where did i say diaz was better than penn everywhere??
i dont give a **** who beat diaz im talking about bj penn.
when i brought this fight up a few months ago every smartass and their dog was like "bj would litterally rape/maul/kill diaz blah blah blah"
my question is HOW?
is bj ganna submit nick? possible but pretty unlikely
is bj ganna outbox nick? even more unlikely
is bj ganna ground and pound nick? bj never does that
is bj suddenly ganna realise he has legs and kick nicks head off? never
so how the **** is bj ganna win this supposed demolition??
at the very least youve got a situation where its an extremely competitive match up that much like matt serra vs matt hughes i feel either fighter can win BUT both would be skilled enough to come out pretty much unscathed.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #41
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
are you retarded?? where did i say diaz was better than penn everywhere??
i dont give a **** who beat diaz im talking about bj penn.
when i brought this fight up a few months ago every smartass and their dog was like "bj would litterally rape/maul/kill diaz blah blah blah"
my question is HOW?
is bj ganna submit nick? possible but pretty unlikely
is bj ganna outbox nick? even more unlikely
is bj ganna ground and pound nick? bj never does that
is bj suddenly ganna realise he has legs and kick nicks head off? never
so how the **** is bj ganna win this supposed demolition??
at the very least youve got a situation where its an extremely competitive match up that much like matt serra vs matt hughes i feel either fighter can win BUT both would be skilled enough to come out pretty much unscathed.
Are you retarded sir? You made a statement that there is nothing BJ can bring that Nick won't have an answer for I read that as You thinking Nick can counter BJ in every category, hence he is better in every category

And no, it's not unlikely that BJ will Outbox Nick, he's smart and has quick hands and alot of power. BJ never GnP's? Hmmm, yes he does when he takes guys down, which he very well might do to Diaz. What if Penn decides to make this a grappling match??? He's getting the takedown before Diaz is, the guys has taken down Fitch and GSP, and also stuffed GSP's takedowns for the at least the entire first round of both their matches....if this fight goes to the mat, Diaz is on his back, and he will most likely stay there.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #42
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

BJ penns BJJ is something on a whole other leavel and that is after he started training BJJ for 3 years he went and took the world title in BJJ which earnd him the name of the prodigy so his BJJ is really dangerous but and dont forget he was the last person to land a clean shot on machida before shogun ****ed him up.
He has wins over Renzo gracie and matt hughes who i think would win over diaz and he didnt do half bad against gsp at there first bout.
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2011, 04:03 AM   #43
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
Are you retarded sir? You made a statement that there is nothing BJ can bring that Nick won't have an answer for I read that as You thinking Nick can counter BJ in every category, hence he is better in every category

And no, it's not unlikely that BJ will Outbox Nick, he's smart and has quick hands and alot of power. BJ never GnP's? Hmmm, yes he does when he takes guys down, which he very well might do to Diaz. What if Penn decides to make this a grappling match??? He's getting the takedown before Diaz is, the guys has taken down Fitch and GSP, and also stuffed GSP's takedowns for the at least the entire first round of both their matches....if this fight goes to the mat, Diaz is on his back, and he will most likely stay there.
whatever happened to being evenly matched?? diaz has gone the distance with far more dangerous guys then bj and should he lose would at least make it to a decision.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #44
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

diaz ****s up gsp end of
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #45
WATERBOY
I Worship Steven Tucker
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
diaz ****s up gsp end of
are you high?
WATERBOY is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum