Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-15-2011, 03:28 AM   #61
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Nick Diaz closing in on the p4p top 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
WHAT!?!?!?

Dude, Not even a prime Shamrock had the skills Penn has. I don't want to downplay Shamrock, he was a great fighter, but Diaz got him late in his career, very late. To say he was a "part-time" fighter is generous, he was more of a novelty fighter at the point Diaz beat him.

Lawler and Karo? To claim those two are more dangerous than BJ is just plain stupid.

funny how frank was considered old AFTER diaz beat him. In fact frank had just come off an extremely impressive performance against a fired up baroni and went hell for leather with cung le, in fact frank was the favourite for his fight against diaz.
and why is it stupid pray tell??
lawler just knocked out melvin ****ing manhoef and owns some of the most chilling ko's in mma history!
how many welters has bj sparked? sean "i cant box for shit" sherk??

sorry to tell you kid but bj might be elite at lightweight but at welter hes human and just another contender.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #62
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post

funny how frank was considered old AFTER diaz beat him. In fact frank had just come off an extremely impressive performance against a fired up baroni and went hell for leather with cung le, in fact frank was the favourite for his fight against diaz.
and why is it stupid pray tell??
lawler just knocked out melvin ****ing manhoef and owns some of the most chilling ko's in mma history!
how many welters has bj sparked? sean "i cant box for shit" sherk??

sorry to tell you kid but bj might be elite at lightweight but at welter hes human and just another contender.
Use your brain bro! You think that was a prime Frank, then so be it. Stupid isn't contagious so I'm all good here.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #63
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru

vCash: 277

Hillarious stuff about Shamrock. 10 years removed from his best win and retired straight after.
196osh is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #64
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
Thoughts?
He's been in the top 10 for MMA. For at least 2 yrs.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #65
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
Use your brain bro! You think that was a prime Frank, then so be it. Stupid isn't contagious so I'm all good here.
whats all this prime bullshit?? frank was still a very capable fighter and highly regarded at the time. Hence him being the FAVOURITE.
if a fighters not in his prime he cant fight anymore is that what your saying?
Old 04-16-2011, 01:08 AM   #66
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
whats all this prime bullshit?? frank was still a very capable fighter and highly regarded at the time. Hence him being the FAVOURITE.
if a fighters not in his prime he cant fight anymore is that what your saying?
I remember him being the clear favorite at the time. We are going back to April 2009 here Shamrock was a former 205 Champion and he was taking on a guy who had been keeping at 160 in a catchweight fight of 179 pounds. Shamrock appeared to have a big phyiscal advantage.

Also Shamrock was very competitive in the Cung Le fight and Cunge Le at that time was a godlike fighter in alot of peoples minds. Frank Shamrock was the clear favorite.

Diaz defeating him so easily just has some people who dont understand combat sports thinking ok Frank is 10x less the fighter then he was just one year ago and that explains that savage beatdown. Not taking into consideration the style of Diaz and the fact that Diaz is cleary just that ****ing good.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2011, 04:47 AM   #67
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
I remember him being the clear favorite at the time. We are going back to April 2009 here Shamrock was a former 205 Champion and he was taking on a guy who had been keeping at 160 in a catchweight fight of 179 pounds. Shamrock appeared to have a big phyiscal advantage.

Also Shamrock was very competitive in the Cung Le fight and Cunge Le at that time was a godlike fighter in alot of peoples minds. Frank Shamrock was the clear favorite.

Diaz defeating him so easily just has some people who dont understand combat sports thinking ok Frank is 10x less the fighter then he was just one year ago and that explains that savage beatdown. Not taking into consideration the style of Diaz and the fact that Diaz is cleary just that ****ing good.
finally....a rational, objective, functioning ****ing brain in this thread..

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum