Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #61
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,153
vCash: 75
Default Re: Diaz Vs GSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
Ok so now you want Nick "spaghetti arms" Diaz to clinch with GSP (The strongest WW on the planet)??

Dude stop! Diaz has to be set to get power on his punches, something GSP will not allow him to do! GSP doesn't have power on his shots? He has dropped both Fitch and Alves with right hands He just doesn't use his striking to KO guys, he fights very safe and smart If his striking had no power, guys like Fitch, Alves, Kos and Hardy (Who he also outstruck on the feet) would simply walk up to him, brush off his weak ass punches and return fire. But they don't, they can't get anywhere near close enough to even hit the guy.

The fact that you are dismissing a mans striking who has probably outstruck his opponents like 90-10 on the feet with clean shots over the past few years is absolutley ludacris!

You really think Daley is that much of a better striker than Hardy, Alves and Penn? Because those 3 didn't do shit against GSP when they had the chance to on their feet. But Daley damn near knocked Diaz the **** out last saturday

I think your missing my point.

Diaz loses a mma fight with gsp clearly, mostly because of gsps far, far, superior wrestling skills, but I can see gsp outpointing diaz on the feet as well(again because of his wrestling ability) . But I think that in pure striking Diaz(like in k-1 rules for instance) would beat Gsp.
yaca you is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #62
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Diaz Vs GSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
didnt you watch the pre talks? belfort said he would win and joe rogan said that belfort was going to be silvas greatest challange
Well of course Belfort is going to say he will win. And Joe Rogan said it was going to be Silva's greatest challenge, but did he confidently predict a Victor victory? No.

Most of the fans and media were very split on this fight. And the Vegas odds were in favour of Silva winning. His victory was anything but shocking.
Boinko is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #63
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,845
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Diaz Vs GSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
belfort was suppose to KTFO silva at UFC 126 guess thing didnt go that way

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
He was "supposed to"? He was a live underdog with explosive striking. But it wasn't an "anything can happen" thing when Anderson "I'm the best fighter alive" Silva won the fight
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #64
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,845
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Diaz Vs GSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
I think your missing my point.

Diaz loses a mma fight with gsp clearly, mostly because of gsps far, far, superior wrestling skills, but I can see gsp outpointing diaz on the feet as well(again because of his wrestling ability) . But I think that in pure striking Diaz(like in k-1 rules for instance) would beat Gsp.
I see your point. I just disagree with it. I think GSP's movement and versatility and speed will trouble Diaz.

I think Diaz has to be in range and set to throw, and GSP can easily keep Diaz out of range with his footwork, jab and kicks.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #65
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 117
Default Re: Diaz Vs GSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
He was "supposed to"? He was a live underdog with explosive striking. But it wasn't an "anything can happen" thing when Anderson "I'm the best fighter alive" Silva won the fight
the same thing will happen to gsp if the super fight will happen
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #66
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,771
vCash: 500
Default Re: Diaz Vs GSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
I see your point. I just disagree with it. I think GSP's movement and versatility and speed will trouble Diaz.

I think Diaz has to be in range and set to throw, and GSP can easily keep Diaz out of range with his footwork, jab and kicks.
All you guys are haters on nick. GSP has top level coaches and just because he some good technical kicks and jabs doesnt mean nick is not gonna be able to land a punch to K.O. Gsp. If gsp wins he would win by lay and pray and probably because cecil peoples would be judging it. If Pride was still around nick would be champ not some guy who just lies on top of someone and greases himself up. The only reason you say alves, fitch are better is because your a ZUFFA ZOMBIE! Nick diaz back in pride beat TAKANORI GOMI who was considered the best striker in the world as a lightweight, nick diaz put a gogo on him whilst his performance was hindered as he was high on weed. You also say that gsp would beat nick in k1 yea gsp may because his kicks are better however if it was a boxing fight nick diaz would kill gsp inside and outside gsp has pillow fists and licks his nipples enough said. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR SHIELDS!!!!
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #67
doomeddisciple
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,000
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Diaz Vs GSP

I can't believe the posts like "GSP is an 8 wrestler and Diaz is a 5"

Have you seen his submission skills and what he can do on his back with his BJJ?

GSP is an AMAZING fighter, yes, but he's not unbeatable. He's way more risk adverse than Diaz as well, I guarantee you Diaz will press to finish for five minutes of every round til he gets the win or he looses.

Just dismissing Diaz because he's not as good at wrestling or his form when kicking isn't as arty as GSP does not mean shit in a fight.
doomeddisciple is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:21 AM   #68
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Diaz Vs GSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
All you guys are haters on nick. GSP has top level coaches and just because he some good technical kicks and jabs doesnt mean nick is not gonna be able to land a punch to K.O. Gsp. If gsp wins he would win by lay and pray and probably because cecil peoples would be judging it. If Pride was still around nick would be champ not some guy who just lies on top of someone and greases himself up. The only reason you say alves, fitch are better is because your a ZUFFA ZOMBIE! Nick diaz back in pride beat TAKANORI GOMI who was considered the best striker in the world as a lightweight, nick diaz put a gogo on him whilst his performance was hindered as he was high on weed. You also say that gsp would beat nick in k1 yea gsp may because his kicks are better however if it was a boxing fight nick diaz would kill gsp inside and outside gsp has pillow fists and licks his nipples enough said. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR SHIELDS!!!!
Sorry, but this isn't the boxing forum. It's actually possible here to express an opinion and not be a "hater".

However, the minute you brought up the greasing b.s. you actually exposed yourself as the hater.

And is anyone else getting tired of silly label labels like "Zuffa zombie" being slapped on people just because they don't piss all over anyone who fights in the UFC?
Boinko is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013