Rios by decision 8 10.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #31
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marcos Maidana vs. Brandon Rios @ 140

This is wierd id say more of the posters are picking Rios but yet Maidana has a huge lead on the poll? THat tells me the ones voting on the poll really dont have a basis for their opinion.... And the fans that really watch boxing and know their stuff are the ones posting.
anarci is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #32
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by str1 View Post
I would love to see this fight! I give the edge to Maidana but its kind of tough to pick out a real winner.

I do agree that Rios is like a Margarito mini-me and would apply pressure all night long. But Maidana is what he loves and performance best when they stand toe to toe with him on a slugfest. If that were to happen, which I am sure Rios would do, I think Maidana with his better punching power will take the win.
rios is like margo but educated, while margo will come at you throwing everything and anything, rios jabs, parries and blocks his way in and moves his head, while inside margo just bangs away while rios throws short but acurate punches.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #33
thesmokingm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 5168

As much as I wanna see Rios get ktfo, it isn't going to be by Maidana, that's for sure.
thesmokingm is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #34
chinachin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Rios is perfect for Maidana, TKO by 8.
chinachin is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #35
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
U got to be kidding me? Rios is much more talented than Maidan quicker and throws much more fluid combinations... If Rios carrys the weight well(i think he will hes a big LW) he will outclass Maidana, will be very exciting and Maidana might even hurt or score a kd but Rios is the better talent.. He might even stop maidana late... Actually i think Rios would love an opponent like Maidana.

Oh i cant believe what a decisive lead Maidana has here... Did anyone see Maidanas fight this past weekend?
I think thats a slight exageration on Rios's ability dont you , yes his combinations are more fluid and he does have more in his locker than Maidana in terms of skill , but that applies to 99% of world level fighters

Rios isnt a massive puncher , Maidana is , Rios comes in with his chin on a plate as does Maidana , IMO Maidana's punching ability would be the decisive factor here nothing else , i dont rate Maidana as anything else other than a limited puncher / pressure fighter who is very very tough , Rios for me is a limited volume puncher / pressure fighter who is very very tough , i have Maidana wearing him down with the bigger shots , thats just the way i see it .
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #36
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmokingm View Post
As much as I wanna see Rios get ktfo, it isn't going to be by Maidana, that's for sure.
^^^^^ See this is the reason Maidana has such a big lead... Many here are turned off by Rios personality, and therefore letting it affect there judgement.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #37
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
I think thats a slight exageration on Rios's ability dont you , yes his combinations are more fluid and he does have more in his locker than Maidana in terms of skill , but that applies to 99% of world level fighters

Rios isnt a massive puncher , Maidana is , Rios comes in with his chin on a plate as does Maidana , IMO Maidana's punching ability would be the decisive factor here nothing else , i dont rate Maidana as anything else other than a limited puncher / pressure fighter who is very very tough , Rios for me is a limited volume puncher / pressure fighter who is very very tough , i have Maidana wearing him down with the bigger shots , thats just the way i see it .
Maidanas punch power is overrated, he hasn't knocked out any top fighters except for victor ortiz who's not exactly elite and has had a question mark over his chin for some time (well mainly by our ESB chinchecker guys questioned his chin) and now after watching the peterson fight we see his heart isn't in it either.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #38
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post

Nope i see Maidana as a bigger Jorge Barrios and Rios as a Poor mans unrefined Chavez..... Take your pick? Ill take a poor mans Chavez... Rios is only gonna improve, and the kid has big *****.. He will also be out to prove a point and capitalize on what Ortiz failed to finish... Rios isnt a one punch guy but he still hits hard definitely hard enough to hurt Maidana... Maidana could punch ill give you that, but maybe slightly overrrated in that department.... Maidana is in his prime where as Rios is still improving and hasnt hit his yet... I respect Robert Garcia as a trainer and expect that he will refine Rios rough edges.. As far as the rest ,well Rios has intangibles that cant be taught but are born with.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #39
TheDon
KO Artist
ESB Addict

vCash: 1291

Because Rios is so easy to hit, Maidana will win.
TheDon is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #40
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

Rios. But it would be ugly.
pound is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #41
Ricky42791
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2835

Maidana's power would be the deciding factor IMO when you have two punchers with good chins its just a matter of who accumulates the most punishment first and rios would need more time than Maidana to take him out
Ricky42791 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum