Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-11-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
mellamomarcos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default *video* Paul Daley " I Feel The Fight Was Stopped Early With 3 Seconds Left In a Cham

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ72-0zgzLU[/ame]

Even if I didn't dislike Daley so much, I would still say the stoppage was just. The amount of time left in a round has no bearing on whether the fight should be stopped. If a fighter is done, he's done, and Daley was done.
mellamomarcos is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 03:02 AM   #2
doomeddisciple
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: *video* Paul Daley " I Feel The Fight Was Stopped Early With 3 Seconds Left In a

I thought he might say this.

It was only a few seconds to go on the clock - It's not quite Taylor V Chavez though.

Gives him something in his own mind to mount another challenge.
doomeddisciple is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 03:02 AM   #3
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: *video* Paul Daley " I Feel The Fight Was Stopped Early With 3 Seconds Left In a

True or not, he is going to say this anyway. I sort of have two minds for him but will stand by fighters safety coming first nowadays.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2011, 03:30 AM   #4
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

bro paul daley got ktfo end of story cant handle a loss just like every other stupid arrogant british mma star like michael bisping after wanderlei wrecked him and dan hardy after gsp demolished him now paul "stanky arm" daley people give my boy nick diaz too little credit he's beat every good fighter in sf and if mayhem came down to welterweight he would get ktfo aswell so in conclusion daley is just another bum and hater

WAAAAAARRRR 209 TEAM CESAR GRACIE!!!!!!
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 03:48 AM   #5
whuiron1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
bro paul daley got ktfo end of story cant handle a loss just like every other stupid arrogant british mma star like michael bisping after wanderlei wrecked him and dan hardy after gsp demolished him now paul "stanky arm" daley people give my boy nick diaz too little credit he's beat every good fighter in sf and if mayhem came down to welterweight he would get ktfo aswell so in conclusion daley is just another bum and hater

WAAAAAARRRR 209 TEAM CESAR GRACIE!!!!!!
alright mate calm down
whuiron1 is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 04:14 AM   #6
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whuiron1 View Post
alright mate calm down
Hahaha i just hate it when someone cant admit that they lost, even brock lesnar who was the ****iest mma champion was humbled when he lost to cain velasquez. Paul daley will be remembered as a person who displays unsportsman like behaviour just as he amply displayed when josh koscheck beat him and now nick diaz
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 04:42 AM   #7
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Daley is a brawler. If he can't brawl with Diaz, how the hell else is he going to win? There is no other game plan that will work for him. Therefore even if he had stuck to whatever "smarter plan" he had, he still would've failed.

What's next for Diaz? I wonder why Strikeforce never hyped up a clash between him and Cung Le. That would've been an interesting match. I think it's a little too late now. Le's been too inactive.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 04:49 AM   #8
james4210
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I watched the end of the fight in slow motion many times. when BJM dived in to stop the fight, he actually pushed the final punch that Diaz threw off target and it really looked like the kill blow. I don't begrudge Daley a face saver though, just before he flopped over he landed a beautiful left right combination while under fire.
james4210 is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #9
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think how long is left should have no bearing on a refs decision whatsoever. It takes 1 second for a big punch/kick to land on an already hurt guy and cause permanent damage. That could be in the first or last second of a round. Refs shouldn't even be aware of how long is left IMO. Judge everything that happens in the moment and on it's own merits.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 04:57 AM   #10
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
I think how long is left should have no bearing on a refs decision whatsoever. It takes 1 second for a big punch/kick to land on an already hurt guy and cause permanent damage. That could be in the first or last second of a round. Refs shouldn't even be aware of how long is left IMO. Judge everything that happens in the moment and on it's own merits.
And also, I think the journalist asking Daley, who has just lost by KO, if Diaz's power and striking had an effect on the fight qualifies him for 'dumb cunt of the year'
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 05:40 AM   #11
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

A slip?!

His legs looked like he had ****ing BSE. Your legs don't give way completely when you slip, the guy looked like he had serious Mad Cow Disease in there.

I quite liked Daley in this interview, but he was talking a fair amount of BS. The way the fight went was EXACTLY the way he wanted it to go and the only way he could have won. The fact is that Diaz beat him at his own game, absolutely zero excuses permitted.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 05:45 AM   #12
WATERBOY
I Worship Steven Tucker
ESB Senior Member

Good interview showed class there did Daley considering he's Coming off his first tko loss, I do think he's right tho it was a little early IMO
WATERBOY is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 06:32 AM   #13
james4210
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATERBOY View Post
Good interview showed class there did Daley considering he's Coming off his first tko loss,
I agree.
james4210 is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #14
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

bullshit, he was out of it and another 3 seconds would of landed him up to 6 more punches
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2011, 07:42 AM   #15
mckay_89
Haw you!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1065

When the stoppage happened I thought it was premature, however the camera panned to him about a minute later when he was on his stool and you could see he didn't have a clue where he was.
mckay_89 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum