boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-12-2011, 03:47 AM   #16
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: *video* Paul Daley " I Feel The Fight Was Stopped Early With 3 Seconds Left In a

Unfortunately fights are stopped on what is happening, not what might happen next i.e. the bell rings.

I would have liked to see more of such a fight, how could I not.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 04:14 AM   #17
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: *video* Paul Daley " I Feel The Fight Was Stopped Early With 3 Seconds Left In a

Just watched it again. Daley looks drained as ****. He struggles to make the weight. It had all the classic signs of a weight drained guy: Wobbly, drunken legs yet still able to get some leverage in his punches. He was like that since the body shots landed about 2 mins into the round.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #18
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
bro paul daley got ktfo end of story cant handle a loss just like every other stupid arrogant british mma star like michael bisping after wanderlei wrecked him and dan hardy after gsp demolished him now paul "stanky arm" daley people give my boy nick diaz too little credit he's beat every good fighter in sf and if mayhem came down to welterweight he would get ktfo aswell so in conclusion daley is just another bum and hater

WAAAAAARRRR 209 TEAM CESAR GRACIE!!!!!!
Now i hate bisping and rate Wandy very highly but Silva did not wreck him it was a close fight, had it been prime wanderlei it wouldve been a very different story. Hardy got dominated but hardly demolished he wasnt exactly that beaten up from the fight.

Daley got beat fair and square (i had no problems with the stoppage he was done from when he fell apart) but he had Diaz in trouble at times and it was an exciting fight and i would definitely watch a rematch.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #19
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

I don't see anything wrong with what Daley said there. I know that he wouldn't have been ready to fight a minute later, because a minute later he could still barely get up and sit down... he was still unsteady. However, he didn't say anything outlandish in that interview, and fighters are supposed to keep that outlook on themselves... that if this or that didn't go wrong, fight hadn't been stopped, wouldn't have been cut, ect... that they would have won. That's what gets you up in the morning to train everyday and keeps confidence in yourself.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #20
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

I agree. Personally i thought the stoppage was bull****. That fight was like a pendulum. One minute Daley had the upper hand then Diaz. That said Daley was clearly hurt earlier on in the fight and never recovered. But the kid has fight changing power. Considering Kawajiri had his dome elbowed into the mat i would have thought they could have given Daley the same privilege.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #21
caleb_forrest_g
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
bro paul daley got ktfo end of story cant handle a loss just like every other stupid arrogant british mma star like michael bisping after wanderlei wrecked him and dan hardy after gsp demolished him now paul "stanky arm" daley people give my boy nick diaz too little credit he's beat every good fighter in sf and if mayhem came down to welterweight he would get ktfo aswell so in conclusion daley is just another bum and hater

WAAAAAARRRR 209 TEAM CESAR GRACIE!!!!!!
your retarted he said before the fight diaz has good ppower and great boxing, so he gave him his credit there dumbass, you should stick around cause when diaz actually wants to fight mayhem, he will get wrecked lol
and if they unify thebelts to the ufc got i can only think af what gsp will do to him into 1
caleb_forrest_g is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #22
2ironmt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Unfortunately fights are stopped on what is happening, not what might happen next i.e. the bell rings.

I would have liked to see more of such a fight, how could I not.
agree that i wanted more of the fight and that's primarily why i thought it was a quick stoppage. but, Daley did look a little more "out of it" a minute after the stoppage than I expected which tends to support the ref's decision. tough call and got no problem with daley questioning it: it was a back and forth battle where daley just shortly prior to had diaz reeling and in danger.
2ironmt is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #23
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb_forrest_g View Post
your retarted he said before the fight diaz has good ppower and great boxing, so he gave him his credit there dumbass, you should stick around cause when diaz actually wants to fight mayhem, he will get wrecked lol
and if they unify thebelts to the ufc got i can only think af what gsp will do to him into 1
bro your just being a hater straight up daley is a dirty mofo, and mayhem is sh*t in comparison with nick why doesnt mayhem come down and fight nick? your a mayhem nut fan boy bro reality check who has mayhem ever beat?
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum