Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 02:04 PM   #46
K_Ologist
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 100
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Floyd got 20 because of DLH, simple and plain.

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL he makes 20 vs ANYONE ELSE That would take a streak of victories against top guy's to earn that juice and Floyd aint close yet.
Thank You!!! I've been reading posts on several websites and a lot of people think Hatton's lowballing Floyd. The only reason (not because he's a draw, not because he's great, not because he has tremendous skill) Floyd got paid that much was because of Oscar. I thought Pretty Boy was crazy to pass up 8 Mil to fight Margarito.
K_Ologist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2007, 02:06 PM   #47
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 1368
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan
You don't price yourself out by making offers. You price yourself out by ASKING for bigger offers.

If Hatton wanted to price himself out, he wouldn't have put forward an offer.
i probaly worded that wrong my fault what i mean is he offereing deals that he knows FLoyd or any fighter would not take...10 million and come to UK..he is making deals that are obsurd....if he was for real i would have said 10 million in Las Vegas but he says 10 million and in UK...come on man...if you cant see through this nonsense then....its a sad day.

Also Hatton doesnt want to fight at 147 which is where they will.....Hatton doesnt want to accept anything....i dont understand tht because he is not the premiere fighter...he is the challenger.....like floyd did for Oscar...Hatton should do Vice Versa...why isnt he?
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #48
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
i probaly worded that wrong my fault what i mean is he offereing deals that he knows FLoyd or any fighter would not take...10 million and come to UK..he is making deals that are obsurd....if he was for real i would have said 10 million in Las Vegas but he says 10 million and in UK...come on man...if you cant see through this nonsense then....its a sad day.



Floyd's the one that wants Vegas and what's wrong with 10 mil??
BOTH LEGACIES ARE IMPACTED with this fight, so WHAT THE HELL IS FLOYDS OFFER???

Dont knock it, until you come better
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:12 PM   #49
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shuffled like a pack of cards
Posts: 518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

All the people saying "our hero and idol Floyd obviously deserves 100 gazillion dollars no matter who he is fighting" obviously don't realise that

a) that isn't true

and

b) the traditional method implimented when haggling is for both parties to make an offer and then let negotiations ensue.
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #50
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,227
vCash: 576
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Floyd got 20 because of DLH, simple and plain.

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL he makes 20 vs ANYONE ELSE That would take a streak of victories against top guy's to earn that juice and Floyd aint close yet.
I was under the impression that he made $25 million against DLH. I could be wrong though. Certainly, $20 million would only happen if it were a percentage and the fight was promoted really well, but it's not out of the question.

However, Floyd should not expect more than $15 million if he fights again. Anything more is a bonus.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #51
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 1368
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money


Floyd's the one that wants Vegas and what's wrong with 10 mil??
BOTH LEGACIES ARE IMPACTED with this fight, so WHAT THE HELL IS FLOYDS OFFER???

Dont knock it, until you come better
No Floyd is not fighting i the UK as Hatton Wants and hatton wants an out right 10 million for Floyd....there are other things more to it than just a out right sallary cap....they get percentages to of the buys and sales. Floyd dosnt have to fight Hatton for a Legacy he can fight Mosley or Cotto and get the same rep....probaly can make more with Cotto if you ask me. Hatton however is so stuck on Floyd because he is the biggest name...if he is so tough as he says and wants to make a name tell him to see Cotto or Mosley.

Hatton shouldnt offer anything because he is the challenger...he did right in openly challenging Floyd now your right Floyd must do the rest which he is but i gurantee Hatton turns it down!
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #52
Mrboogie23
what the??
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

I dont think he should get a tuneup personally. he already fought at welterweight before.

I mean floyd fought 154 without a tuneup didnt he? I'm not discrediting Hatton, I like him, I just think a tuneup would be a waste of time.
Mrboogie23 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #53
Cookie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 255
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

Seriously, where has this tune-up nonsense come from? The mind of Bigtime9?

That article says nothing about a tune-up, first and foremost. It does suggest that Hatton may fight someone else before Mayweather. But that line has not been substantiated whatsoever. The quotes from Hobson have been on every site that covers boxing. It's nothing new. Except here the author of the article says that "Hobson insists" some rubbish. But where did that come from? Not from those quotes, that's for sure.
Cookie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #54
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
No Floyd is not fighting i the UK as Hatton Wants and hatton wants an out right 10 million for Floyd....there are other things more to it than just a out right sallary cap....they get percentages to of the buys and sales. Floyd dosnt have to fight Hatton for a Legacy he can fight Mosley or Cotto and get the same rep....probaly can make more with Cotto if you ask me. Hatton however is so stuck on Floyd because he is the biggest name...if he is so tough as he says and wants to make a name tell him to see Cotto or Mosley.

Hatton shouldnt offer anything because he is the challenger...he did right in openly challenging Floyd now your right Floyd must do the rest which he is but i gurantee Hatton turns it down!
SSM, Cotto, Margarito vs Williams winner, and Hatton ARE ALL REQUIRED for Floyd to enhance his legacy amongst the all-time greats as he thinks he deserves. It aint just 1 and done, no matter what comes outta Floyd's lips. Legacies are based on facts, not opinions.
Out of any of those, Hatton has the largest and most supporting fanbase and will represent the most lucrative opportunity. Since money is floyd's motivation?? It's the logical fight.

Hatton has every right to make an offer, it's called negoitiation. technically PBf made the first offer, but it must have been a JOKE because no terms were disclosed. If it was better, BELIEVE team Mayweather would have said so.

The bottomline is about dollars and cents and the highest bid should win. Floyd has indicated and contradicted himself, all in the same interview, where he indicated he could fight in the UK.

Money TALKS, BULLSHIT WALKS!!! Where's Floyd's offer/counter-offer?? IMO PBF should get 15, Hatton should get 10 wherever it takes place. Maybe those arent the guaranteed base numbers, but the base offer plus PPV/attendance revenues should push the sums in that range.

It's floyds move, why so silent?? Where's the counter-offer??
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:31 PM   #55
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 619
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

i think its meant to read fry up not tune up

that is Hattons tradition
stake501 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:58 PM   #56
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 1368
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
SSM, Cotto, Margarito vs Williams winner, and Hatton ARE ALL REQUIRED for Floyd to enhance his legacy amongst the all-time greats as he thinks he deserves. It aint just 1 and done, no matter what comes outta Floyd's lips. Legacies are based on facts, not opinions.
Out of any of those, Hatton has the largest and most supporting fanbase and will represent the most lucrative opportunity. Since money is floyd's motivation?? It's the logical fight.

Hatton has every right to make an offer, it's called negoitiation. technically PBf made the first offer, but it must have been a JOKE because no terms were disclosed. If it was better, BELIEVE team Mayweather would have said so.

The bottomline is about dollars and cents and the highest bid should win. Floyd has indicated and contradicted himself, all in the same interview, where he indicated he could fight in the UK.

Money TALKS, BULLSHIT WALKS!!! Where's Floyd's offer/counter-offer?? IMO PBF should get 15, Hatton should get 10 wherever it takes place. Maybe those arent the guaranteed base numbers, but the base offer plus PPV/attendance revenues should push the sums in that range.

It's floyds move, why so silent?? Where's the counter-offer??
Good points...but you even stated your self you think Floyd should get 15...and thats just us u know Floyd thinks he is ALL WORLD he balks at 10 million i know it u know it and Hatton knows it...he did that just so Floyd could say no and he could say Floyd dont wanna fight but he already turned down and offer to fight floyd earlier anyway.

You say Floyd has to make a counter offer and they will behind closed doors not publicly with rediculous offers. And like i said Hatton is the CHallenger....and he should be the one who accepts Floyds stips ...just like Floyd accepted ALL of Oscars and Osar had everything his way except the outcome! If he dont wanna fight in UK why is that such a problem for Hatton?

You listed the names of people who he can fight to enhance his Legacy....and i do stand corrected because your right he should fight Hatton but i think so only if Hatton is undefeated other than that i dont think he needs Hatton...he could fight Cotto and Shane and his legacy be legit.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #57
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
Good points...but you even stated your self you think Floyd should get 15...and thats just us u know Floyd thinks he is ALL WORLD he balks at 10 million i know it u know it and Hatton knows it...he did that just so Floyd could say no and he could say Floyd dont wanna fight but he already turned down and offer to fight floyd earlier anyway.

You say Floyd has to make a counter offer and they will behind closed doors not publicly with rediculous offers. And like i said Hatton is the CHallenger....and he should be the one who accepts Floyds stips ...just like Floyd accepted ALL of Oscars and Osar had everything his way except the outcome! If he dont wanna fight in UK why is that such a problem for Hatton?

You listed the names of people who he can fight to enhance his Legacy....and i do stand corrected because your right he should fight Hatton but i think so only if Hatton is undefeated other than that i dont think he needs Hatton...he could fight Cotto and Shane and his legacy be legit.
There's NO REASON to hide behind closed doors and that's why Hatton's camp went PUBLIC. Besides, whatever contract gets signed will be public knowledge any way.Team Mayweather can talk all the shit they want, IT MEANS NOTHING.

Thing is my man, FLOYD IS BUSY TALKING IN CRICLES, as usual there is another thread with AUDIO of Floyd saying he'll retire in front of ALL HIS UK FANS( Both of em ). So it comes down to $$$$$$$$$, if Floyds wants Vegas, make a better offer, or name the price to fight in the UK.

It aint rocket science, it's money
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #58
badger6
Ask your wife !!!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ask your wife !!!
Posts: 606
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
No Floyd is not fighting i the UK as Hatton Wants and hatton wants an out right 10 million for Floyd....there are other things more to it than just a out right sallary cap....they get percentages to of the buys and sales. Floyd dosnt have to fight Hatton for a Legacy he can fight Mosley or Cotto and get the same rep....probaly can make more with Cotto if you ask me. Hatton however is so stuck on Floyd because he is the biggest name...if he is so tough as he says and wants to make a name tell him to see Cotto or Mosley.

Hatton shouldnt offer anything because he is the challenger...he did right in openly challenging Floyd now your right Floyd must do the rest which he is but i gurantee Hatton turns it down!
***** Boy wants no part of "the wrecking ball" Cotto !!!
badger6 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #59
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 1368
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
There's NO REASON to hide behind closed doors and that's why Hatton's camp went PUBLIC. Besides, whatever contract gets signed will be public knowledge any way.Team Mayweather can talk all the shit they want, IT MEANS NOTHING.

Thing is my man, FLOYD IS BUSY TALKING IN CRICLES, as usual there is another thread with AUDIO of Floyd saying he'll retire in front of ALL HIS UK FANS( Both of em ). So it comes down to $$$$$$$$$, if Floyds wants Vegas, make a better offer, or name the price to fight in the UK.

It aint rocket science, it's money
Whats the point of public offers such as the nonsense Hatton has suggested? Its pointless he made his statement about PBF and PBF said lets fight...so all they gotta do is work the contracts out .... name another fight in which they shout out purse publicly????? Hatton knew what he was doing...if he wanted Floyd so bad 2 things...1 it would have been happened cus it was offered to him but turned down...and two...if he want and thinks he can beat Floyd so bad...why not accept whatever and wherever floyd wants...except money wise...i do agree that must be fair but where and what weight shouldnt matter.....Hatton doesnt wanna fight 147. Hatton doesnt want to fight in US either...he is already denying parts of the negotiation.....what your not realizing is Floyd wanted Oscar so he did whatever Oscar wanted.....Hatton wants Floyd.....but the same can not be said.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:37 PM   #60
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 1368
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger6
***** Boy wants no part of "the wrecking ball" Cotto !!!
Man as good as Cotto is...the boy gets hit so much it isnt funny against people nowhere near PBF.....as accurate as PBF is...man please...he is better off fighting Hatton or Margarito maybe Williams...lol
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013