Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-02-2007, 06:29 AM   #91
albaneze
HAXHI - The new Champ
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: 43-0 with 31 kos and you still need a tuneup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey
Yeah. I'm not a Mayweather fan, but you have to recognize the skills and accomplishments. I do think that he should have taken some tougher opponents along the way, but it's not like he didn't take ANY tought opponents. Angel Manfredi (fresh off win over prime Gatti), undefeated Corrales, Jesus Chavez, and Castillo... not exactly a list of pushovers.
I Dont like Maywether too Chicken for Me. I Like COTTO, ODH. They come to get you. Not Like maywether running away, bullshit boxing style.
albaneze is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2007, 06:37 AM   #92
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat
Floyd didn't take a tune up at 154 for DLH.
PBF didn't fight at 154 - he weighed all of 149 on fight night
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 07:22 AM   #93
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
ok why does ricky need a tuneup fight at 147? didn't he just fight collazo there two fights ago. how is it that a fighter who is 43-0 still needs a tuneup to fight the best, does ricky have no confidence in his skills? I mean why ask HBO for another tuneup fight in England when you have been campaining in the states to get a big fight with the best fighter on the planet

I smell a rat, ricky has no intention of getting in the ring with floyd anytime soon. I think he is waiting on the outcome of the gatti/gomez fight to make a decision. Ricky has been clamouring for a gatti fight for a long time (and we all know why ) and if gatti gets by gomez then I think hatton will take that option (gatti vs hatton in england ) Ricky has been using floyd's name to promote himself for over two years now. after every fight he has mentioned floyd as a potential opponent, while fighting maussa, collazo, urango, and castillo instead. I don't think hatton is fooling anyone except die hard floyd haters with his current routine.

Hatton has always followed the path of least resistance and his record proves that. While floyd may have his detractors one thing is clear floyd is three fights away from achieving immortality (hatton, mosley, cotto) within the squared circle, if hatton is a real man he will stop using floyd to promote his next fight (with each fight promising to fight floyd next) and step up to the plate and attempt greatness.

Sorry ricky but the stripteasing is over. Time to get that cherry popped
wow shock,horror, this is new in boxing a fighter wanting a tune up fight.he must be a coward.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 07:36 AM   #94
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
What i am saying is HBO had a 3 fight deal to give Hatton stateside exposure to build a mega-fight with Floyd.

SO?? It seems safe to speculate that HBO, Hatton, Floyd, and everyone else KNOWS this fight makes money. Why would they give Hatton a 3 fight NON-PPV deal which lets more people see Hatton, in the USA and worldwide, and then suddenly back out when the BIG FIGHT COMES?? It's common sense

My question is, whats SO HARD about giving PBF15 and Hatton 10 or a base number + based on sales which could net those amounts???
This fight will do nice numbers and there's $$$$$$ to go around.
C Money- Thanks for the help bro. Like i said i'm nowhere near an expert just an avid fan. I was honestly asking and I really appreciate your taking time to explain. Thanks again.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 07:53 AM   #95
Taffyy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylistics
so hatton beats a 36 year old Kosta Zoo and a shot Castillo as his "biggest" wins. his career has "OVERRATED" written all over it. He should stick to fighting in sold out arenas in England fighting bums, where is overzealous fans admire wrestling more then boxing.
**** off..............
Judge him when his careers over.........He will fight Mayweather & win or loose he'll shut alot of mouths in the process.......as for his overzealous fans.............400 over here can make more noise & create a better atmosphere then the ****ing morgues most of the American fights take place in............as for the wrestling....thers more to him than that & you know it..............****ing haters.........I despise them..........
Taffyy is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #96
mancat
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
PBF didn't fight at 154 - he weighed all of 149 on fight night
So Hatton should fight PBF at Welterweight, but come in weighing 142. That way, acording to your rationale, Hatton wouldn't need a tune-up.
mancat is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #97
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

As I've said before, hatton wants his next fight in the UK. Assuming Mayweather has no intention of travelling, and Hatton gets his wish, his next fight isn't going to be Mayweather. Simple as that. Nothing to do with a tune up
David UK is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #98
audio101
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k.
wow shock,horror, this is new in boxing a fighter wanting a tune up fight.he must be a coward.
Actually yes he is. His first fight at 147 was supposed to be just a tune up fight and then looked what happened he had to go back down in a weight and take another damn tune up fight, so guess what will happen when he goes back to 147 and doesn't look impressive he'll say he needs yet another tune up fight or he will find a way to avoid Mayweather and drop back down in weight. Bottom line is that when a guy like Hatton is looking for a tune up fight then it clearly shows that in the back of his mind he's doubting himself.
audio101 is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #99
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio101
Actually yes he is. His first fight at 147 was supposed to be just a tune up fight and then looked what happened he had to go back down in a weight and take another damn tune up fight, so guess what will happen when he goes back to 147 and doesn't look impressive he'll say he needs yet another tune up fight or he will find a way to avoid Mayweather and drop back down in weight. Bottom line is that when a guy like Hatton is looking for a tune up fight then it clearly shows that in the back of his mind he's doubting himself.
who said collazo was just a tune up ?

i said on esb that this would be a very hard fight and a hatton win in any form would be hard won and diffuclt

hatton`s own trainer befoire the fight said he needed collazo like a hole in the head and he did not want the collazo fight.

not the kind of fighter or fight his trainer thought was a tune up and presumably hatton was told this as well.

collazo was taken because hbo refused to sanction pauli malinaggi`s victim and juan lazcano the original opponent pulled out with a broken finger.
sean is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #100
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

The bottom line is this...Hatton is the challenger obviously....When PBF was the challenger with ODH..he accepted and let ODH make all the stipulations, ring size, glove size, catch weight, PURSES, and i think fighting in Vegas even mutual. Floyd knew he could beat Oscar and he was the challenger and he did what he had to do to make the fight....HATTON should do the same is all im saying....he asks as if he can beat Floyd so why is he not going about it as Floyd did with ODH?????? He wants to make negotiations hard because he knows PBF wont go for a lot of that nonsense he is asking come on...i know you Hatton fans see through that bullshit he is trying.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #101
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched
C Money- Thanks for the help bro. Like i said i'm nowhere near an expert just an avid fan. I was honestly asking and I really appreciate your taking time to explain. Thanks again.

Lets hope that we all one day enjoy this fight.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 12:06 PM   #102
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
The bottom line is this...Hatton is the challenger obviously....When PBF waw the challenger with ODH..he accepted and let ODH make all the stipulations, ring size, glove size, catch weight, PURSES, and i think fighting in Vegas even mutual. Floyd knew he could beat Oscar and he was the challenger and he did what he had to do to make the fight....HATTON should do the same is all im saying....he asks as if he can beat Floyd so why is he not going about it as Floyd did with ODH?????? He wants to make negotiations hard because he knows PBF wont go for a lot of that nonsense he is asking come on...i know you Hatton fans see through that bullshit he is trying.

Hey juice?? Whatcha got in that juice?????

You're going on and on about the PBF vs DLH fight which has no bearing on this fight.

As for not meeting stipulations/demands?? WHERE IS THAT COMING FROM?? We have no idea what Floyd's idea of numbers/demands are for this fight, so how can you go on about not meeting them or being difficult??? Hattons offered 10 mil and we know NOTHING of Floyd's demands or offer.

Perhaps, you should save the speech, until it matters????
C Money is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #103
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Hey juice?? Whatcha got in that juice?????

You're going on and on about the PBF vs DLH fight which has no bearing on this fight.

As for not meeting stipulations/demands?? WHERE IS THAT COMING FROM?? We have no idea what Floyd's idea of numbers/demands are for this fight, so how can you go on about not meeting them or being difficult??? Hattons offered 10 mil and we know NOTHING of Floyd's demands or offer.

Perhaps, you should save the speech, until it matters????
Well Hatton wants Floyd to fight for 10 mil, doesnt want to fight at 147 already and he wants the fight in the UK....those are a couple of demands he wants for a fight with PBF.

And of course ODH vs PBF had no bearing on this fight but im comparing how they did negotiations....i feel as though if Hatton says he can beat Floyd like he says....then thats the approach..not what he is doing now thats all im saying.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:18 PM   #104
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
Well Hatton wants Floyd to fight for 10 mil, doesnt want to fight at 147 already and he wants the fight in the UK....those are a couple of demands he wants for a fight with PBF.

And of course ODH vs PBF had no bearing on this fight but im comparing how they did negotiations....i feel as though if Hatton says he can beat Floyd like he says....then thats the approach..not what he is doing now thats all im saying.
DEMANDS?? More like OFFERED!!!! What did Floyd offer or counter-offer?? See, DLH said what he wanted!!! You cant say Hatton wont or isnt UNTIL YOU KNOW THE FACTS!!!! We know shit about what PBF wants so far No one is taking BS money on this matchup and neither man should.

Please STOP mentioning DLh, keep these negoitiations on their own merit. You can talk that talk ,WHEN YOU HAVE THE APPROPRIATE INFO TO DO SO!
C Money is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #105
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
DEMANDS?? More like OFFERED!!!! What did Floyd offer or counter-offer?? See, DLH said what he wanted!!! You cant say Hatton wont or isnt UNTIL YOU KNOW THE FACTS!!!! We know shit about what PBF wants so far No one is taking BS money on this matchup and neither man should.

Please STOP mentioning DLh, keep these negoitiations on their own merit. You can talk that talk ,WHEN YOU HAVE THE APPROPRIATE INFO TO DO SO!
No you still dont get it....im not comparing their fight im comapring how negotiations were done....FLOYD never asked for anything with ODH but the fight....HATTON on the other hand starts mouthing off numbers where he wants to fight and WE KNOW HE DOESNT WANT 147. BUT ok since i see you want to actually see Hatton turn an offer down i understand your point...but im sure we shall find out soon as he does.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum