Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #46
smbsmd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 210
vCash: 1222
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

My bad, I don't watch TUF, therefore I didn't know that he was not a part of that show.

Interesting how you slam TUF but still follow it so closely.
smbsmd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #47
(PimpThaSystem)
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Holton Street, Dean Street (click clack)
Posts: 888
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
only good fighter that came from that show is diego sanchez
I really hope you are joking or else you fail as bad as smbsmd
(PimpThaSystem) is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #48
smbsmd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 210
vCash: 1222
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

I have no troubles admiting when I was wrong.
smbsmd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #49
Muchmoore
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

I know countless people that know Jones personally (from his hometown) and I've met and talked to his dad and brother Art. One of my best friends was actually on Jones high school wrestling team and he loves the guy. My ex girlfriend met him at the mall a couple weeks ago too and said he was a class act. No entourage or anything, just at the mall by himself picking things up and was very polite.

The guy is a class act from all accounts and anyone saying he's an asshole when they don't even know the guy is a moron.So what if Zuffa makes sure this stuffs in the news. It's good publicity and good business, it doesn't somehow make Jones a bad guy.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #50
smbsmd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 210
vCash: 1222
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchmoore View Post
I know countless people that know Jones personally (from his hometown) and I've met and talked to his dad and brother Art. One of my best friends was actually on Jones high school wrestling team and he loves the guy. My ex girlfriend met him at the mall a couple weeks ago too and said he was a class act. No entourage or anything, just at the mall by himself picking things up and was very polite.

The guy is a class act from all accounts and anyone saying he's an asshole when they don't even know the guy is a moron.So what if Zuffa makes sure this stuffs in the news. It's good publicity and good business, it doesn't somehow make Jones a bad guy.
Don't get me wrong I am happy to be wrong about him.
smbsmd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #51
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,633
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
I can ask you that same question stupid. As Cus D'mato said once to Tyson: "There's wolves out there disguised in sheeps clothing. You're not sophisticated enough to decipher between the two".

You buy without any question all the bullshit that comes off the UFC's hype train and yet you want to call me out as though your some model of objectivity?
Get back in your box you clown. Or better yet find some more room in Mark Coleman's jock.
I see you are still obsessed over my past training with Mark Coleman as well. You really have to start letting things go, it isn't doing you any good.

Do you still think that you are fooling people with your hatred for the UFC and it's fighters? Your statements and opinions about MMA in general mean next to nothing because it's the same bullshit every time and your bias is so ridiculously off center. Hype up every fighter outside of the UFC, and downgrade every fighter in it, and the organization itself. That is your entire stance on MMA in a nutshell. Pretty sad.

Yet, you don't see me overhyping ANYONE in or out of the UFC. I say exactly what I feel about everyone and I love and respect MMA and it's fighters regardless of what Org they fight under. Their are great fighters in the UFC and there are great fighters outside of it. I loved Pride and Strikeforce just as much as I love the UFC. I love any organization that is going to give me great fights.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #52
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR View Post
I see you are still obsessed over my past training with Mark Coleman as well. You really have to start letting things go, it isn't doing you any good.

Do you still think that you are fooling people with your hatred for the UFC and it's fighters? Your statements and opinions about MMA in general mean next to nothing because it's the same bullshit every time and your bias is so ridiculously off center. Hype up every fighter outside of the UFC, and downgrade every fighter in it, and the organization itself. That is your entire stance on MMA in a nutshell. Pretty sad.

Yet, you don't see me overhyping ANYONE in or out of the UFC. I say exactly what I feel about everyone and I love and respect MMA and it's fighters regardless of what Org they fight under. Their are great fighters in the UFC and there are great fighters outside of it. I loved Pride and Strikeforce just as much as I love the UFC. I love any organization that is going to give me great fights.
"Yeah if i tell them that i loved PRIDE and SF that will get them on my side!"

Go away Widdow. Your act is stale and really REALLY boring. You're UFC schill and you know it.
Remember how you used to remind everyone that you knew Mark personally and carried his spit bucket? Like a good dog you wouldn't have a bad word said about him.
Funny that you're exactly the same when it comes to the UFC. But somehow im the one out of line? O k skippy....
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #53
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
wow what are you smoking?
he was a part of the TUF finale card he wasnt in TUF huge difference
They really should have put him in TUF7 though. Can you imagine how awesome it would have been seeing him just kill dudes for 13weeks.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #54
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

Now that would just have been mean Will...but much more fun hehe
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:41 PM   #55
SterlingVoid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbsmd View Post
My bad, I don't watch TUF, therefore I didn't know that he was not a part of that show.

Interesting how you slam TUF but still follow it so closely.
So why make comment on something you know **** all about
SterlingVoid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #56
smbsmd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 210
vCash: 1222
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingVoid View Post
So why make comment on something you know **** all about
I have followed a false assumption that he was one of the finalist.
smbsmd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #57
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Now that would just have been mean Will...but much more fun hehe
Heh to me this is the big problem with TUF - the fighters just aren't interesting characters. The good seasons where were the fighters too center stage - Koscheck, Leben et al in TUF1, Bisping/Hamill in TUF3, Nate Diaz going crazy in TUF5 and of course Kimbo in TUF10. The coaches feud should be a sub-plot that gradually builds over the season - if that's all your bringing it gets old fast. It would be awesome if the UFC would have the balls to put a real AAA prospect through TUF - I know the camps would bitch and moan but nothing would make them a big star quicker. Can you imagine how huge Velasquez or Jones would be if they had came through the ultimate fighter?
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #58
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbsmd View Post
I have followed a false assumption that he was one of the finalist.
And to make that assumption you would have to be ignorant of the fact that he had fought three times in the UFC before facing Hamill.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #59
smbsmd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 210
vCash: 1222
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
And to make that assumption you would have to be ignorant of the fact that he had fought three times in the UFC before facing Hamill.
I assumed that TUF fights were counted as UFC fights and it was his way to finals within the show.
smbsmd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #60
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jon Jones is a Hero again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbsmd View Post
I assumed that TUF fights were counted as UFC fights and it was his way to finals within the show.
Jesus Christ, dude stop digging - this is getting embarrassing
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013