Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-16-2011, 03:19 AM   #1
blacklikesunday
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default british fighters

what do you think of british fighters?

it seems to me they're more comfortable standing up than on the ground.

are they all english or are there some from other parts of the british isles?

who is the best british fighter around at the moment.?
blacklikesunday is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2011, 05:07 AM   #2
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1449
Default Re: british fighters

Ronnie Mann, Che Mills and Matt Ewin all fight out of the same team as me and they are all pretty good on the ground. We now have Chico Mendes as a BJJ coach so they will only get better.

For me though Micky Bisping has to be number one.

The main reason we have better standup is because we have no wrestling backgrounds from a young age. In America you have wrestling, in Japan they have Judo, Russia Sambo and in Brazil... We on the other hand grow up with brawling in the playgrounds

Lynchburg
Lynchburg is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchburg View Post
Ronnie Mann, Che Mills and Matt Ewin all fight out of the same team as me and they are all pretty good on the ground. We now have Chico Mendes as a BJJ coach so they will only get better.

For me though Micky Bisping has to be number one.

The main reason we have better standup is because we have no wrestling backgrounds from a young age. In America you have wrestling, in Japan they have Judo, Russia Sambo and in Brazil... We on the other hand grow up with brawling in the playgrounds

Lynchburg
british keyboard warriors like you talk trash and post insulting posts and attack people who just post a link which i think people would want to see dont act like you know it all mate u probably havent ever had a real fight in your life, and to throw it in no british fighter has as much heart as the italian americans, mexicans, brazillians and japenese
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
british keyboard warriors like you talk trash and post insulting posts and attack people who just post a link which i think people would want to see dont act like you know it all mate u probably havent ever had a real fight in your life, and to throw it in no british fighter has as much heart as the italian americans, mexicans, brazillians and japenese
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO43p2Wqc08[/ame]
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2011, 01:05 AM   #5
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post

Cheers brah.

So you expect to come to a new forum, act like a dick and not get insulted?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Lynchburg
Old 04-17-2011, 06:44 AM   #6
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

on sport science they did a test on michael "the power house" bispings power and it turned out that he had the same punching power as gina carano
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2011, 02:48 AM   #7
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post

on sport science they did a test on michael "the power house" bispings power and it turned out that he had the same punching power as gina carano
hahaha great post man cracked me up at ufc 100 when michael bisping "yea i think i can take him (dan) down." The guy is a joke.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2011, 04:30 AM   #8
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

I don't like MB but that shot on the ground was pretty ****ing disgraceful.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2011, 05:48 AM   #9
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

You wont see the best of British fighters at world level for another 2 - 3 years , at the moment the young generation of British fighters are a scary pool of talent , and the gyms and fight teams are still refining there academy's to get to the level of the top American based fight teams / gyms .

The standard of MMA in Britain on the whole is good , we will always struggle with wrestling , and first and foremost we love a tear up , i dont think that will ever change .
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #10
Dani.A

I dont really know about any british fighter . Who got a real name in this thing. May be i am missing something but they really are not in my list.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by Dani.A; 04-18-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Dani.A is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #11
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAMMA_6[/ame]

LOL!

Lynchburg
Old 04-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #12
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

Right then, your trolling to hide your lack of knowledge is one thing, but dissing British fighters is the last straw it's time for me to defend there honour by some good ole fashion trash talk UK style So here we go...

Go back and listen to Abba ya Swedish Eurovision winning ****ing meatball! Maybe if your men werent to worried about the carbon emissions in their Toyota ****in Prisus' they actually have the balls to get in the Octagon like our boys Hardy, Daley and The Count. If you want to talk about real men, come from a country where the most famous men arent Benny & Bjorn writing songs about being dumped by a red head with giant teeth. If it wasnt for us and the Yanks you'd be in the Hitler Youth right now shouting 'Zeig Heil' in your pacifist laden Fjord hole.

You are quick to make jokes bout Bispings punching power,well it's true, Fedor tapped Werdums leg harder than Michael punches. No disrespect to Fedor but you're clearly a noob with no idea about MMA except for lame ass 'Fedor good/Brock bad/GSP boring' posts ya idiot

So let me finish up with a good ole fashioned STFU NOOB! Come back and talk trash when you have at least 2000 posts. This is ESB, not Sherdog, respect the post count and only speak when your spoken to you Feb join date nappy wearer or you'll get a spanking

We kicked your nordic asses in 1066 and Id take a Brit over Swede in the cage any ****ing day. The closet your boys have come to a real fight is singing about a war we won in the Eurovision song contest! Now kindly **** off and Yodel!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85yMOPKR94M[/ame]

Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #13
james4210
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

^that is a head****^ I admire your sincerity, pity your mental illness, am embarrassed by your comments and amused by your insults.
james4210 is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #14
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

It's not a mental illness. It's annoyance at noobs talking shit. My excuse anyway
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #15
james4210
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
It's not a mental illness. It's annoyance at noobs talking shit. My excuse anyway
Personally I think the highest kudos and respect should go to those with the lowest post-count. As it means they probably have a life, you know, real girlfriends, jobs and stuff. Present company excepted of course, as I'm sure you have a wonderfully rich and exciting life.

You really should hold back, I'm sure the poor guys in tears, after you insulted Abba like that, (slightly suspicious that you know so much about the pop group incidentally)
james4210 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum