25< 41 13.31%
Voters: 308. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2011, 09:06 AM   #16
sosolid4u09
4 8 15 16 23 42
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: ATG Ranking Pacquiao

To those who have Pac top 15 NOW, or think Pac would be top 10 after beating floyd, could you please give me your top 10/15 then? Dont think about it too much just give me a rough list.

I wont dissect it or criticize it, just curious.

Im a massive pac fan but i feel top 10 or 15 is a very very elite exclusive club
sosolid4u09 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #17
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosolid4u09 View Post
To those who have Pac top 15 NOW, or think Pac would be top 10 after beating floyd, could you please give me your top 10/15 then? Dont think about it too much just give me a rough list.

Im a massive pac fan but i feel top 10 or 15 is a very very elite exclusive club

come on, if you climb 11 division from light flyweight too light middleweight and you beat all the legends on the way too the top, you that special, too earn your place amongs the 10 best boxer ever.
Chempasillo is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #18
sosolid4u09
4 8 15 16 23 42
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chempasillo View Post
come on, if you climb 11 division from light flyweight too light middleweight and you beat all the legends on the way too the top, you that special, too earn your place amongs the 10 best boxer ever.
possibly. Maybe hes good enough for top 10. Im a huge pac fan, but im not quite convinced yet. for example you say he beat all the legends on the way. margarito wasnt a legend at 154. cotto was his best win since moving up to 135+ IMO. hatton was the best light welter in the world for sure, but he wasnt a legend at that weight. i dont want to start dissecting pac's resume because in truth, any boxers resume can be questioned depending on what angle you look at it. pac's resume is immense theres no doubting that. very strong.

Pac has a better argument based on what he accomplished below 140 pounds IMO. anything above that is a bonus, cherry on top.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #19
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
possibly. Maybe hes good enough for top 10. Im a huge pac fan, but im not quite convinced yet. for example you say he beat all the legends on the way. margarito wasnt a legend at 154. cotto was his best win since moving up to 135+ IMO. hatton was the best light welter in the world for sure, but he wasnt a legend at that weight. i dont want to start dissecting pac's resume because in truth, any boxers resume can be questioned depending on what angle you look at it. pac's resume is immense theres no doubting that. very strong.

Pac has a better argument based on what he accomplished below 140 pounds IMO. anything above that is a bonus, cherry on top.

didnt ali had problems with ken norton, frazier or foreman, didn't he lose sometimes? is he still in the top 10?

everybody loses, thats the final answer and pacquiao had equal quality opposition than ali, and yes, he often beat his opposition more convincing than ali, who lost so many rds too foreman, before stopping him, or lost too norton or frazier...
Old 04-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #20
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 119

Quote:
1. sugar ray robinson

2. muhammad ali

3. henry armstrong

4. joe louis

5. willie pepp

6. roberto duran

7. jack johnson

8. sam langford

9. manny pacquiao

10. harry greb

so not only would a win over manny solifie mayweather is one of the best top 10 boxer ever but also he would get ~ 60 million $. floyd must be realy scared of losing his 0.
No Sugar ray leanord?
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #21
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 119

Quote:

What would be your top15
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #22
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO-KING View Post
No Sugar ray leanord?

sugar is between 11-13. talentwise top 3, easy...
Old 04-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #23
retriever
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Pac is already at top 20-15. If he beat Mayweather then he is top 10 for sure.
retriever is online now  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #24
falcom
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:

so what's ur list of top 5 atgs? do they have greater resumes than pac? they climb division and win belts on that division, do they fight bigger fighters, even in real life experience we want to fight smaller guys so we have bigger chances to win but pac fights anybody and more bigger than him. and won all. maybe all your list of top 5 or 10 are overated coz they are black, slick and boring fighters
falcom is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #25
falcom
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyuza View Post
Not even Top 25 yet.
so who's your top 1 and compare it to pac's resume. you are top one mother f*c*r
falcom is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #26
sosolid4u09
4 8 15 16 23 42
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcom View Post
so what's ur list of top 5 atgs? do they have greater resumes than pac? they climb division and win belts on that division, do they fight bigger fighters, even in real life experience we want to fight smaller guys so we have bigger chances to win but pac fights anybody and more bigger than him. and won all. maybe all your list of top 5 or 10 are overated coz they are black, slick and boring fighters
wow typical nuthugging response right there.

So i dont agree with something about pac, that makes me black? makes me a flomo? wow your so ****ing ignorant it hurts

i dont give two shits about floyd. and im not black.
I actually like pacquiao. But i guess you fanboys cant understand the concept of liking a fighter, yet still criticizing him for something. That thought never crosses your mind does it?
Faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO-KING View Post
What would be your top15
At this moment in time, off the top of my head. In no particular order

SRR
Ali
Louis
Pep
Greb
Armstrong
Duran
Langford
Benny Leonard
Dempsey
SRL
Moore
Monzon
Charles
Fitzsimmons

Im sure im missing out a few to be honest.

Quote:
didnt ali had problems with ken norton, frazier or foreman, didn't he lose sometimes? is he still in the top 10?

everybody loses, thats the final answer and pacquiao had equal quality opposition than ali, and yes, he often beat his opposition more convincing than ali, who lost so many rds too foreman, before stopping him, or lost too norton or frazier...
I wasnt talking about pac's losses. when did i mention them at all? Neither did i talk about having problems with anyone. while your point is valid its nothing to do with what i said.

Im not having a go at pacquiao at all. IF he defeats floyd then theres a good case to be made to put him in the top 10. in my opinion though if he beats floyd that puts him in the top 15. Thats hardly an insult to the guy is it?
Maybe 5 years after he's retired i'll see things differently and have him in my top 10. Thats usually how it goes. fighters get appreciated more once they are gone.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #27
Duck Dodgers
Kimbo #1 P4P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1535

He's already #1. Once he beats Mayweather he becomes the #1 human being that ever lived.
Duck Dodgers is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #28
Firestarter
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Going to wait for rating him till he retires, who knows what he is going to achive or fail in the future
Firestarter is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #29
Jetmax
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 335

"How many ranks in ATG list will Pacquiao climb if he beats Mayweather?"

That's the better question and will avoid a lot of debates in this thread. Anyway, I don't think he cracks top 10 if ever, top 15 yes. Beat Martinez top 10 for sure to say the least.
Jetmax is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #30
IPitydaFo0l
ATG in the making
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcom View Post
so who's your top 1 and compare it to pac's resume. you are top one mother f*c*r
dood you're insulting is a stand up poster. just because he doesn't share your views you act like a child? grow the **** up bitch.
IPitydaFo0l is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum