Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-23-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
Danny Boy

vCash: 1000
Default Naz offer to help Khan

The story is that Naseem Hamed has offered to give Amir some tips and possibly learn him some 'tricks'.

I'm not sure this would work. Naz and Amir are very different . Naz had natural power and was very unorthadox and I don't see that helping Amir's fighting style. Amir relies on his technique - his good jab and his genrally very good but by the book boxing style. If anything Naz can teach Amir about the mistakes he made in his own career. Binning Ingle and lack training before the biggest fight of his career against MAB spring to mind.

Tips on what not to do I can see helping but tips to make him fight like Hamed are a recipe for trouble in my opinion.

Any thoughts ?
Danny Boy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
The taff
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Naz offer to help Khan

My tip would be for Amir to stay away. I think he should stay where he is and not get involved with Naz at all.
The taff is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
Danny Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taff
My tip would be for Amir to stay away. I think he should stay where he is and not get involved with Naz at all.
Is that because their styles are different or because of the problems Naz has had outside of the ring ?
Danny Boy is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #4
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy
Is that because their styles are different or because of the problems Naz has had outside of the ring ?
For both reasons - such different fighters, Naz was unconventional, more powerful and probably more naturally talented than Khan is.

The similarities unfortunately are outside the ring so I can't see Naz being a positive influence on Khan in this respect - he was a great boxer but hardly a good role model. Lets face it, they won't be swapping driving tips!

The biggest thing Khan could learn from Naz is how it could all go wrong. I think Khan would be wise to steer clear.
elle is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2007, 03:35 PM   #5
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Bloody hell are you lot retarded? Naz was a unified world champ and achieved the pinnacle of greatness in boxing with a very unconventional style.His experience would be invaluable to ANY boxer let alone Khan.His style in terms of coaching Khan would have bugger all to do with anything.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #6
stuey
Never bet on England
ESB Addict

vCash: 622

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Bloody hell are you lot retarded? Naz was a unified world champ and achieved the pinnacle of greatness in boxing with a very unconventional style.His experience would be invaluable to ANY boxer let alone Khan.His style in terms of coaching Khan would have bugger all to do with anything.

bollox. this shows you know **** all. you cannot take a guy who fights like khan and expect naz to be of any help training wise.
just like naz lost it when manny steward tried to correct him, khan would be knocked spark left right and centre if he fought like naz..
stuey is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #7
bratwurzt
Whore
ESB Addict

Perhaps Khan's already used him as a driving instructor.
bratwurzt is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2007, 04:48 PM   #8
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Ham-head has been there and done it - and completely threw away the latter part of his career. If he can get past his own ego, his advice would be useful to Khan. I don't like or trust Hamed one little bit though as a human being so would restrict communication to a written letter.
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2007, 05:58 AM   #9
timber
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 991

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratwurzt

Last edited by timber; 11-25-2007 at 01:58 AM.
timber is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2007, 06:09 AM   #10
toffeejack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Bad idea IMO.

Two completely different fighting styles, Naz relyed mainly on power, his unorthodox style and his amzing reflexes.

Would only speed up the inevitable exposure of Khan IMO.
toffeejack is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2007, 06:22 AM   #11
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[quote=Danny Boy]The story is that Naseem Hamed has offered to give Amir some tips and possibly learn him some 'tricks'.

I'm not sure this would work. Naz and Amir are very different . Naz had natural power and was very unorthadox and I don't see that helping Amir's fighting style. Amir relies on his technique - his good jab and his genrally very good but by the book boxing style. If anything Naz can teach Amir about the mistakes he made in his own career. Binning Ingle and lack training before the biggest fight of his career against MAB spring to mind.

Tips on what not to do I can see helping but tips to make him fight like Hamed are a recipe for trouble in my opinion.

Any thoughts ?[/quote

how will he help khan?? turn him into a crossdresser???

Id stay away from that nutcase!!
unitas is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2007, 06:35 AM   #12
The taff
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Sorry i disagree. Naz had his own style - how will it be of benefit to Khan, when they fight completley different?? Yes naz's experience may be of benefit to Khan and he can give him some tips, but they are 2 different fighters.

Naz had awesome power, Amir doesn't. If he tries to emulate Naz, he will get Knocked out for sure.

Also i think hanging around with an Ego maniac wont be of any benefit to Khan, he will build up Khan up to be better than he really is.

Last edited by Dr Z; 10-04-2006 at 02:26 PM.
The taff is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2007, 06:35 AM   #13
The taff
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratwurzt
The taff is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #14
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Maybe they will go for a chin swap. Naz could take a decent shot and Amir really needs Naz's chin.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #15
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Not sure its a good idea. Despite being fast and rangy I don't think Khan can do what Naz did. He doesn't have his durability, strength or power.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum