Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 04-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #31
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: With 2012 close here are one man's top 30 in the super heavy and heavy field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Beterbiev is fantastic talent. I prefer him at 81k, not 91k.
Especially in a potential matchup vs Usyk, i think he would get worked over bad against Oleksandr. Mekhontsev is a much better matchup for Russia at 91Kg
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2011, 06:50 AM   #32
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Default Re: With 2012 close here are one man's top 30 in the super heavy and heavy field.

Saw a few mintues of Con Shehan. He needs to lead more often. Seems like he likes to cover up and counter. He could also use to add a little more weight, and jab more from a distance. Pretty good prospect. Making it to the games in 2012 might be asking too much at this point in time as the field is deep, with several talented new comers gunning for spots.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #33
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Saw a few mintues of Con Shehan. He needs to lead more often. Seems like he likes to cover up and counter. He could also use to add a little more weight, and jab more from a distance. Pretty good prospect. Making it to the games in 2012 might be asking too much at this point in time as the field is deep, with several talented new comers gunning for spots.
I'll put money on it that con will get to 2012 and i expect him to medal at the euros in june .
moorser is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #34
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

Russian nationals are taking place right now. Beterbiev is in the semi finals of 91kg, Mekhontsev in the semis for 81kg.
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #35
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorser View Post
I'll put money on it that con will get to 2012 and i expect him to medal at the euros in june .
Which top amateurs has he beaten? I think 5 fighters make it from Europe per division. Maybe Con can be one of those 5. If he can medal in the world amateur games, then he's a player.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #36
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Cammarelle, Kuzmin, Zuyev, Hrgovic, Kapitonenko, Yoka, Abdelghani

you think he'll medal with these guys as his compitition? lol Never happen.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 04:53 AM   #37
Karlo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Karlo, who do you pick to win gold, silver, bronze, and bronze in the upcoming would amateurs at heavy and super heavy?
Well its hard to tell. Don't know how much Cammarelle got left. And beside him Im really curious about the mentioned young ones Hrgovic and Dychko. The young frenchman Tony Yoka might also be someone to keep an eye on. I also got a feeling that Erislandy Savon has matured a little since 2009.

IF Mekhontsev competes at light heavy, I see Usyk as a big favorite in the heavyweight division. The young cuban Leinier Perot might be a dark horse here. It will also be interesting to see how Mike Hunter jr will perform at his new weight.
Karlo is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #38
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Cammarelle, Kuzmin, Zuyev, Hrgovic, Kapitonenko, Yoka, Abdelghani

you think he'll medal with these guys as his compitition? lol Never happen.
he is 91kg not 91 plus
moorser is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #39
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Which top amateurs has he beaten? I think 5 fighters make it from Europe per division. Maybe Con can be one of those 5. If he can medal in the world amateur games, then he's a player.
he has beaten russo , he won the E.U a few year back and has won many multi nations . very fast hands for a heavy
moorser is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2011, 06:28 AM   #40
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
he has beaten russo , he won the E.U a few year back and has won many multi nations . very fast hands for a heavy
Russo is a short fighter who runs away and slaps. Can't stand that guy. Shehan looks pretty tall, and has some skills. All he would need to do is pressure Russo and throw punches, and he should win.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #41
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Russo is a short fighter who runs away and slaps. Can't stand that guy. Shehan looks pretty tall, and has some skills. All he would need to do is pressure Russo and throw punches, and he should win.
yeah shehan is very tall for the weight he is 6,4 . there was talk of him moving up to 91+ as its the only bad weight division Ireland has at the moment .

he said in a recent interview he will turn pro after london if he gets there
moorser is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum