David Haye UD 9 2.22%
David Haye T/KO 201 49.51%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #1831
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: *Wladimir Klitschko-David Haye Build-up Thread- 2 DAYS TO GO!/Haye Ringwalk @ 9.5

That sniper in the stand certainly brought plenty of ammo...
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #1832
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: *Wladimir Klitschko-David Haye Build-up Thread- 2 DAYS TO GO!/Haye Ringwalk @ 9.5

Haye no different to Ibragimov,Chambers,Chagaev and the rest.Basically sees going the distance as some sort of victory and then brings out an embarrassing excuse afterwards making a total fool of himself.
Ive never heard HBO take the piss outta one fighter as much as they did Haye tonight.
bam bam is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #1833
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Surprised this Forum is up and running fairly smoothly only after a few hours. We expected it to be down till Monday

I was quite surprised as to how the Arena was empty in big spots. The whole event was just such a mess, especially the way the fighters were coming to the arena's.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #1834
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

Yep, forum is surprisinly good.

Laz, behave man, you are clearly just trying to score points for your "boi" in those comments.

Got to DL the fight and listen to the interviews but I saw it in the pub(wide UD to wlad) and I was surprised how split the support was, half n half really
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #1835
aff
Journeyman

broken toe haye fans ready made excuse from the horses mouth.disgraceful,heshould have at least tried ,10.000 brits apprx will be fuming ,not me though as i realised haye is just all talk
aff is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #1836
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV-4sTKSnxo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV-4sTKSnxo[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M[/ame]
Manning is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 01:30 AM   #1837
fistycuffs
Journeyman

Haye shouldn't retire yet! He could make up for his shitty antics by getting an Adamek fight, that fight would be the shiz.
fistycuffs is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 01:36 AM   #1838
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistycuffs View Post
Haye shouldn't retire yet! He could make up for his shitty antics by getting an Adamek fight, that fight would be the shiz.

He could make a fight with povetkin pretty easily you would think, Povetkin is still a big scalp to be had by somebody no mater how you look at it.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 02:01 AM   #1839
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

The poll results are seriously making the Brits look like delusional fools. Reminds me of how everyone was convinced Hatton would beat Mayweather, and then persisted when he fought Pacman.

The two fighters you have who actually do win their fights at the top level either don't get any attention (Froch) or just get a lot of hate (Khan).
Akxtinguish is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 02:07 AM   #1840
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akxtinguish View Post
The poll results are seriously making the Brits look like delusional fools. Reminds me of how everyone was convinced Hatton would beat Mayweather, and then persisted when he fought Pacman.

The two fighters you have who actually do win their fights at the top level either don't get any attention (Froch) or just get a lot of hate (Khan).

I'm very proud to say I'm part of the 5.91% that ignored the nonsense British hype and logically predicated Wlad to win clearly on points.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 03:35 AM   #1841
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 765

We found out Haye did indeed get inspired by British boxers of the past.

Sadly for us, it turned out Haye's hero was not Benn or Eubank and not even Bruno, but Joe 'Just glad to be here' Bugner...
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 03:43 AM   #1842
Canibus98
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Haye should retire. The excuse was weak and I dont like that.

Well done vlad but I still dont get him. He had all the advantages but refuses to let his hands go and attempt to force a finish. There is a reason why the Americans dont give a damn about him and tonight was another example of his refusal to really engage and use the physical advantage he has. Vlad also has no uppercut!!

Haye fought the wrong fight. He was never going to win fighting on the ropes looking for the big right hand. I didnt believe he would do that. I thought he would work to hold the centre and use his movement to slip the jab from there and then throw straight punches. It would of been more risky but he showed he had the head and lateral movement to slip the jab and it was the only way he would get to really land clean and more than 1 punch at a time. With such reach disadvantages there was no way he could win the fight at range!!
Canibus98 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 03:48 AM   #1843
roe

vCash:

So Haye's finally been slightly humbled, Wladimir Klitschko has finally been given a little more credit as thee champion of the world and the general public in Britain once again are pissed off with boxing. When will people learn?

As for the fight itself.. well I had Wlad winning easily in terms of my scorecard. Initially when the fight was announced I thought it would be exactly like it was. With Wlad dominating easily from the centre of the ring, Haye unable to do anything and the length of the fight would depend entirely on how durable Haye was at surviving. Turns out even with a swollen toe he was still capable enough to last and frustrate.

In fairness to David Haye, yes he did have a broken toe but when you talk for 3 years and just really fight to survive like that, it's only fair that the general opinion of you is that your a prick.

I'm glad Wlad won, I knew he would and never fell for the hype at all. The other day I said that Derek Chisora would have more chance against Wlad than Haye.. maybe I wasn't so wrong after all?

What disappoints me though isn't this fight. It's the fact that there are so many really good fights in Britain alone this month and yet hardly anyone's gonna be watching them How many of your friends watched Haye dance around tonight.. but haven't even heard of John Murray or Kevin Mitchell? I know that's boxing and that's the way it's always been but it's still frustrating.

Still, at least Haye didn't somehow win and I don't have to walk around as if I know nothing about boxing by backing "that big Russian guy"
Old 07-03-2011, 03:54 AM   #1844
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
I'm glad Wlad won, I knew he would and never fell for the hype at all. The other day I said that Derek Chisora would have more chance against Wlad than Haye.. maybe I wasn't so wrong after all?
Maybe not. I was actually looking forward to Wlad Chisora. He hasn't exactly fought at the top level but I think he would have gone for it more than Haye did last night. If I was Chisora right now I'd be calling out Haye.
Akxtinguish is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 03:54 AM   #1845
calumbo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

So much for the dark lord and his special game plan...probably the worst plan they could have tried!"

The most frustrating part(a bit like valuev rd12) was when he did land with his right hand wlad clearly felt it...why only use it sporadically!! The way he managed to slip wlads jab and sidestep he certainly showed he could get inside but yet would not throw anything other than a single punch!

Hope he retires.
calumbo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum