David Haye UD 9 2.22%
David Haye T/KO 201 49.51%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2011, 04:04 AM   #1846
Canibus98
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: *Wladimir Klitschko-David Haye Build-up Thread- 2 DAYS TO GO!/Haye Ringwalk @ 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumbo View Post
So much for the dark lord and his special game plan...probably the worst plan they could have tried!"

The most frustrating part(a bit like valuev rd12) was when he did land with his right hand wlad clearly felt it...why only use it sporadically!! The way he managed to slip wlads jab and sidestep he certainly showed he could get inside but yet would not throw anything other than a single punch!

Hope he retires.
This is what I dont understand. Its not like he couldnt slip the jab and was peppered all night long. He had the movement avoid the jab but wasnt prepared to get close afterwards. The idea that u can just lay on the ropes and kid Vlad into taking risks is laughable. Vlad will never do that as he doesnt have it in him to take risks. His happy to just dominate and win the rounds, always has been and team Haye shouldnt of expected anything different.
Canibus98 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2011, 05:01 AM   #1847
Joan_Guzman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: *Wladimir Klitschko-David Haye Build-up Thread- 2 DAYS TO GO!/Haye Ringwalk @ 9.5

I predicted the fight correctly too.
Joan_Guzman is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 05:21 AM   #1848
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Wish he'd show a bit of dignity and accept defeat, this showing the whole world his toe stuff is embarrassing. Even Lennox dismissed it.

Cristiano Ronaldo would be ashamed of some of those dives aswell!
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 05:39 AM   #1849
roe

vCash:

Frank Wanker predictably slating Haye again.

If only Haye had fought Matt Skelton instead
Old 07-03-2011, 05:43 AM   #1850
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

That is one of the worst things about this fight, *****s smug face. I wonder how much coverage his fight nights over the next few weeks are gonna get. Sod all me thinks. Boxing will be out of the papers for a while due to this. Khan will be lucky if the papers give him alot of pages.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 05:45 AM   #1851
ElChocolatito
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

There's no shame in losing but the toe injury thing is just

He's going to regret that. Everyone I was watching it with was like "oh shut up David" when he came out with that.

And then this morning checking on twitter he's getting a LOT of stick.

Was anyone else impressed with how well Haye took those right hands?!
ElChocolatito is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 05:45 AM   #1852
roe

vCash:

I've already heard a few friends say "I'm not watching boxing again.. what a joke, all hype."

I shall be doing my best to promote Murray v Mitchell next week which will no doubt fall on deaf ears.

Definitely impressed with the way he took a few of Wlad's punches though. Like TFFP said on another thread, it's disappointing because maybe, just maybe he would've been more durable than most thought if he actually gave it more of a go.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:48 AM   #1853
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think the fight showed that they both had good chins. They both took some quality shots in there.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #1854
roe

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggy7188 View Post
I think the fight showed that they both had good chins. They both took some quality shots in there.
They only took about 10 decent punches between them all night, and every one of those was seen and anticipated. They didn't really prove anything in that respect. Haye did take a solid right hand and carried on fine though.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:55 AM   #1855
Right Hook
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Haye got put in hia place well and truely last night, I hope he quits now with his fat pay cheque and stops talking shit he could never back up.
Right Hook is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 06:10 AM   #1856
SHOTAT
Scouse House
ESB Full Member

Any links for the post fight press conference?
SHOTAT is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 06:13 AM   #1857
roe

vCash:

Good honest interview from Adam Booth on SSN a minute ago. Just said Wlad was the better fighter and too big. Only Haye can blame his toe injury but it didn't affect the outcome too much and he still wants him to retire in October.

When asked if he could fight someone like Chris Arreola and work his way back up, Booth responded that "it would go completely against his plan".
Old 07-03-2011, 06:16 AM   #1858
SHOTAT
Scouse House
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roe View Post
Good honest interview from Adam Booth on SSN a minute ago. Just said Wlad was the better fighter and too big. Only Haye can blame his toe injury but it didn't affect the outcome too much and he still wants him to retire in October.

When asked if he could fight someone like Chris Arreola and work his way back up, Booth responded that "it would go completely against his plan".

Saw that.

He was honest. Said 'the better man won'. Gave Wlad his due.

Fair doo's
SHOTAT is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 06:26 AM   #1859
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Wonder if the severed head t-shirt is in the bin yet
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 07:18 AM   #1860
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 765

There is only one thing for it... Bring back The Cat to remove the boxing world of these two Ivan Drago clones...

At least Thompson showed how you beat Haye properly!
TBooze is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum