boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #16
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru

vCash: 277
Default Re: How Do you feel about Floyd Mayweather and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
I feel he is an insufferable ****.

The main reason for this, is he is an insufferable ****.
The best first post ever.
196osh is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #17
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Ricky Hatton believes he does many miles on the back foot like Forrest Gump and his fans gat to take it the same way Ricky took it when wearing the "Ricky Fatton" T-Shirt. I mean, he can come in the ring with 50cent, laughin straight to the bank with this (ha ha ha ha ha), the sombrero and the mexican colours and we can't say ****? I do think he's a classy individual...
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2007, 03:11 PM   #18
africandawg
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 580

The only thing that turns me off him is that he very seldom comes close to doing anything in the ring that he has threatened to do--that aspect I can't handle-hence I'm no fan of his---Give me the TONEY of yesterday ----dirty frigging mouth--but always tried to accomplish what he promised-prefight. Floyds private life---thats his to do as he sees fit. Another hassle is he's in the dont get hit game and the defensive role does'nt go down well with the majority of fight fans....
africandawg is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #19
standing 8
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Mayweather really needs to stop playing the villian. At first it served him well with the fight fans paying good money for the chance of seeing him get knocked out, but now it gotten to the point where his detractors hate him so much that they will go to any length to discredit his victories.
standing 8 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2007, 03:23 PM   #20
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

he's about as funny as a fart in an elevator and his attempts to play the bad guy are pathetic. For a real villain see a real bas ass: Mayorga.
I don't so much hate him as find him extremely boring, tiresome.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2007, 03:30 PM   #21
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by walk with me
thats what im saying...

people take his out of ring theatrics way to seriously... ITS ONE BIG JOKE... its so funny to me that people take him serious.. he just does that to mess with peoples heads and everyone falls victim to it..
Well then he or his fans cant expect anything but people thinking hes a ****ing **** then,i mean how olds the guy?,he aint a kid,im sorry but i bet he is like that out of the ring,i think your jsut trying to defend him.How do you know hes not like that then?,he everytime ive seen him talk and be seen acts like that.

Me personaly i would after a few years of it,try to more humble,but each to there own,its just that if hatton does win(and he could its boxing you all anything can happen deep down),he best leave the country,BUT if he wins(and yeah he should),his head will swell to epic size and will need scafolding to hold it up.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #22
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

i just ignore what floyd says, but what ****es me off about him is that he's just content with cruising in fights settling for decisions than letting his hands fly like when he was at 130.
Carlos Primera is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2007, 05:59 PM   #23
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by walk with me
Floyd clearly has alot of haters and sometimes i cant see why.. i understand he flashes his money all around like an idiot sometimes and talks alot of trash that his style of boxing could never live up to... but the man is a mastermind and he does all that for a couple reasons

1- to hype fights
2- to portray a "hip hop" lifestyle which some what follows reason 1

he does all this garbage to put on a show and its kind of a way to celebrate how far he has came... you gotta admit... if you were a millionare it might be fun to just run around as arrogant as you can possibly be because the reality of the situation is .. your a great person

in reality floyd is probably as regular as the rest of us and likes to put on a show and it works becasue hes a boxer.....

or maybe im just to big of a fan...

anyways what are your thoughts?
I'm a fan of the sports . . . so I like PBF inside the ring . . . as a fighter. He's one of the best if not the best in the modern history of the sports.

But other than that . . . his attitude . . . his life style sucks! He is an idiot punk.
psychopath is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #24
Stimulant
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Floyd is a little *****.

Hatton is gonna knock some sense into him.
Stimulant is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2007, 06:24 PM   #25
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Great fighter, the best of his generation in fact. I respect his skills and work ethic and enjoy watching him fight.

Though he is without a doubt an annoying individual who often makes remarks and statements which seem inane and quite frankly idiotic. I can understand him wanting to portray himself as a bad guy to sell more tickets and promote a fight. But as a prominant fighter he becomes a role model for those who watch and participate in the sport. I think it his arrogance that bothers me the most. He comment about $12.5 million being slave wages sticks out in my mind as one of his more ridiculous statements.

I respect the fighter but not the man.
Brighton bomber is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #26
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I don’t hate him. I think he is a supremely skilled boxer and the runner tag is unjustified. The aim of boxing is to hit without being hit. In one to one interviews he often comes off well but his ‘designer gangster’ act leaves me cold. Some of his most ardent fans are as ill informed, as they are irritating in the way they are unable to cope with anyone who sees the world differently than they do. I suspect both Mayweather and some of his groupies suffer from a narcissistic personality disorder.
AllyT is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2007, 07:26 PM   #27
OklahomaHoss
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Will I get flamed from all sides if I answer the OP's question?
OklahomaHoss is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #28
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KODON
What sucks about his lifestyle? What's so good about yours?
Well you go out there, talk trash, insult everybody around you including your own father and flash your money as if you're buying the whole world . . . doesn't that life style sucks? If you think that's cool then something's got to be wrong with your brain.

What's so good about mine?

I'm not rich but I have just anything I need, and I enjoy my life with what I have without being an ass to the people around me.

Simple life amigo . . . simple life.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #29
Caliboxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I used to be a fan a few years back but no more. Mayweather now mostly talks about how great, rich he is and disrespects opponents. I don't wanna hear it. If he fights Cotto, Williams, Margarito, Mosley, he'll find out how great he really is.
Caliboxing is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #30
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KODON
I can see where you're comin from, but don't you think you only see that side of him? My biggest gripe is that I don't understand how people hate oter based on what they see on tv. What does his personal relationship with his father have to do with anyone else but his family?
Hey it's diversity based on culture differences. So if it's okay with you or others . . . it's not for me.

I'm just responding to the question of the thread starter.

Honestly that's how I feel.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum